• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Testing Thread

I tried to flood your address with a bunch of "sendtoaddressix" tx's but it didn't work this time for some reason, after the first tx it gave this message:

"error: {"code":-4,"message":"Insufficient funds. InstantX requires inputs with a
t least 6 confirmations, you might need to wait a few minutes and try again."}"
Looking through the console I see this:

Arguments:
1. "dashaddress" (string, required) The dash address to send to.
2. "amount" (numeric, required) The amount in btc to send. eg 0.1
3. "comment" (string, optional) A comment used to store what the transaction is for.

"The amount in btc to send"

humm

keep getting

Insufficient funds. InstantX requires inputs with at least 6 confirmations, you might need to wait a few minutes and try again. (code -4)

edi: OH !!! I see - I'm mixin and everything is under 5 confirms - lol

Looking through the console I see this:

Arguments:
1. "dashaddress" (string, required) The dash address to send to.
2. "amount" (numeric, required) The amount in btc to send. eg 0.1
3. "comment" (string, optional) A comment used to store what the transaction is for.

"The amount in btc to send"
Did you just flood my wallet with 1's ?

Wow, Macrochip on BCT posted this video on "how open source projects survive poisonous people" and I just thought this was one of the most intelligent and probably overlooked points:

Document your mistakes.

You know how the amendments to the constitution are never simply removed but rather repealed. They stay there for all eternity so that we can see the mistakes of the past. Hopefully to keep from making them again in the future :)

The next point they make, which I can totally see happening - especially with our new project proposal system, is what they call "power plant code" meaning, people that go off to write code that is supposed to be inserted into the project, and "deliver" it in one huge chunk. Then nobody has the time to review that code, and it gets committed with all it's flaws. We haven't talked about how all these projects are going to be integrated at all, we've just been building a way to pay people to work on DASH. We WILL have to create a chain of command, a review board, something to handle incoming code. Once the "public" who really don't know anything about implementation, vote to pay for a feature, we have to have staff that will review the code and direction, etc... that the project is taking, and that will mean that the project will have to have ongoing review, not one time dump that no one has the time to review. Sure, if the people want a feature, they vote to pay for it, etc... They must get it, but someone (Core Developers as they're being paid) will have to be there to manage and integrate these projects. Maybe we have to hire extra core developers who enjoy and are good at code review.

I think this video is so good, as it doesn't just cover poisonous people, but also on how to run a group of talent and keep them productive. I think it may be worth it to watch it every once in a while, just to catch all the good ideas :)
That's a great video, thanks for sharing! And I'd like to reply even though it's off topic :tongue:

I wouldn't worry about proposals being a huge "power plants" that are committed to the core project without review. You might already noticed we didn't develop v12 in master branch :wink: I see things moving in the same way with proposals - no one is going to just merge it to master, we will have some branches for new features, test them as usual etc.

Also, I think that some proposals might not be connected to core at all and there could be (hopefully) some standalone projects written in all kind of languages... I'm not sure core devs will be able to review all of them and there actually shouldn't be a need for that. It's like - would you approve some proposal if you see it could become blockchain.info for Dash? I would definitely do if people behind that proposal worth it even if I had no experience in language they are willing to implement this. Projects like that are as important as core, or actually even more important imo because they are connecting users and merchants providing services on top of the core or around the core if you wish. Shall core devs review everything they code? Nope, I don't think so. Hopefully there will be also another devs who are interested in this proposal project and who could review it.

Same for "chain of command, a review board, something to handle incoming code". Sounds about right but there should be a peer review schema, not a central review imo. It's an open source what we are doing here. If no one is interested in review... are we really doing smth valuable? Hired dev - that doesn't mean he will be good reviewer at all. You can hear guys talk about hired/volunteer dev in the video too :wink:

Anyway, these guys on video share some really great experience they had and would be a same not to listen but not everything they say applies to every project imo.

lol who me??? haha yeah 10's coming next then 100's then 999's
Awesome, i love it!!! lol but why didn't it work for me? It worked before.

upload_2015-8-6_20-50-34.png

View attachment 1694
I think my coins were just more mature? I mean I'm more mature? LOL

When I went to any value above 100 though I started getting that error even though the wallet still has 8k coins that all have 100+ confirms?

weirdness.jpg

Look at the date stamps on my sends??? 08/06 then 07/27? How is that even possible? I was seeing weird stuff like that with DS+ too as I was mixing my collateral payments were all showing with the 07/27 date stamp.

View attachment 1695
Look at the date stamps on my sends??? 08/06 then 07/27? How is that even possible? I was seeing weird stuff like that with DS+ too as I was mixing my collateral payments were all showing with the 07/27 date stamp.
I have a few wallets like this and i'm glad i didn't delete them, i am waiting to see how they turn out.

coingun, don't zapwallettxes them, just let them be and see if they witll be confirmed, as i've seen some of my tx's like that got confirmed as the blockchain is rolling.

Wondering if I should bring back my old wallet to see what happens???

where all my coin where lost????

Back