• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Testing Thread

So after working fine last night, my local Hot wallet MN just won't start; I keep getting error says:

"Not capable masternode: Can't detect external address
Please use the Masternodeaddr configuration option."

I tried starting with fresh wallet - new accountaddr, new 1000 coins, new privkey, with and without txindex=1 in dash.conf
Nothing seems to help

Edit: anyone know what Masternodeaddr configuration option is?
"dashd --help" or "Help -> Command line options" in qt
Code:
Set external address:port to get to this masternode

PS. should be masternodeaddr (lowercase) in that error message, I'll fix that

I didn't see this here - is this right?

---------------------
As everyone knows, we’ve been hard at work developing the version 12 release on testnet. To date, this is our largest release with nearly 21000 lines of changes to the codebase. Due to the massive amount of changes and some small glitches that we are continuing to debug, we’re going to delay the v12 release by another week. This will allow us to freeze active development and work on the final issues, if everything looks good when next Wednesday arrives we will release on mainnet.

Thanks to everyone that’s helping out!

The Dash Team ~~Evan Duffield~~

I didn't see this here - is this right?

---------------------
As everyone knows, we’ve been hard at work developing the version 12 release on testnet. To date, this is our largest release with nearly 21000 lines of changes to the codebase. Due to the massive amount of changes and some small glitches that we are continuing to debug, we’re going to delay the v12 release by another week. This will allow us to freeze active development and work on the final issues, if everything looks good when next Wednesday arrives we will release on mainnet.

Thanks to everyone that’s helping out!

The Dash Team ~~Evan Duffield~~
https://dashtalk.org/threads/v12-release-date.5810/#post-61986

UdjinM6 IX testing, latest wallet, win x64.

When i click 'Start darksend mixing' there is about 20-30 sec delay,
after that status changes to enabled and last message appear,
this is quite confusing because user do not know what is happening in the beginning.

Same behavior apply also when you stop mixing, long delay.

UdjinM6 IX testing, latest wallet, win x64.

When i click 'Start darksend mixing' there is about 20-30 sec delay,
after that status changes to enabled and last message appear,
this is quite confusing because user do not know what is happening in the beginning.

Same behavior apply also when you stop mixing, long delay.
I've noticed this too and it also has a new message: "Last Darksend message: Can't mix while sync in progress" which makes DS wait for a while before starting the mixing. I asked Udjin and he said "there is another “level” of sync that is not displayed to regular user."

I've noticed this too and it also has a new message: "Last Darksend message: Can't mix while sync in progress" which makes DS wait for a while before starting the mixing. I asked Udjin and he said there is another “level” of sync that is not displayed to regular user.
Aha, havent noticed that message yet, but this can be the reason for sure.

I've noticed this too and it also has a new message: "Last Darksend message: Can't mix while sync in progress" which makes DS wait for a while before starting the mixing. I asked Udjin and he said "there is another “level” of sync that is not displayed to regular user."

Similar message trying to start local masternode: "Sync in progress. Must wait until sync is complete to start Masternode"

I have noticed that solo mining (Windows 7) with SGMiner is not working with v12. SGMiner returns: 127.0.0.1 slow/down or URL or credentials invalid
When I rollback to v0.11.2.23 with the same dash.conf file mining is working fine.

My dash.conf looks like this:

Code:
rpcuser=rpc
rpcpassword=blabla
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=5555
port=19999
listen=1
server=1
testnet=1
daemon=1
logtimestamps=1
maxconnections=256

Am I missing something ?

Issues for me today;
Remote MNs status, all 13 ENABLED, stop receiving Mined fees about 4-5 hrs ago.
Local MN unable to start since early this morning.
Regular send transactions stay stuck at "Unconfirmed" (box continues to show ?)

Anyone else the same, or just me?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have noticed that solo mining (Windows 7) with SGMiner is not working with v12. SGMiner returns: 127.0.0.1 slow/down or URL or credentials invalid
When I rollback to v0.11.2.23 with the same dash.conf file mining is working fine.

My dash.conf looks like this:

Code:
rpcuser=rpc
rpcpassword=blabla
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=5555
port=19999
listen=1
server=1
testnet=1
daemon=1
logtimestamps=1
maxconnections=256

Am I missing something ?

If you would like a title displayed at top of wallet, you can add:
title= Your Wallet Name

Also, I don't think you want line: port=19999

Wow, Macrochip on BCT posted this video on "how open source projects survive poisonous people" and I just thought this was one of the most intelligent and probably overlooked points:

Document your mistakes.

You know how the amendments to the constitution are never simply removed but rather repealed. They stay there for all eternity so that we can see the mistakes of the past. Hopefully to keep from making them again in the future :)

The next point they make, which I can totally see happening - especially with our new project proposal system, is what they call "power plant code" meaning, people that go off to write code that is supposed to be inserted into the project, and "deliver" it in one huge chunk. Then nobody has the time to review that code, and it gets committed with all it's flaws. We haven't talked about how all these projects are going to be integrated at all, we've just been building a way to pay people to work on DASH. We WILL have to create a chain of command, a review board, something to handle incoming code. Once the "public" who really don't know anything about implementation, vote to pay for a feature, we have to have staff that will review the code and direction, etc... that the project is taking, and that will mean that the project will have to have ongoing review, not one time dump that no one has the time to review. Sure, if the people want a feature, they vote to pay for it, etc... They must get it, but someone (Core Developers as they're being paid) will have to be there to manage and integrate these projects. Maybe we have to hire extra core developers who enjoy and are good at code review.

I think this video is so good, as it doesn't just cover poisonous people, but also on how to run a group of talent and keep them productive. I think it may be worth it to watch it every once in a while, just to catch all the good ideas :)

we have to have staff that will review the code and direction, etc...

Even when it's not visible to the outside (almost) every line of code is reviewed by the devs. Code from third-parties doubly so :smile:

...(Core Developers as they're being paid)...

Maybe in the future. Right know we do it just because devs get all the nice girls
smilebreit.gif

Hey "back to the future" gang... So i reindexed another old wallet today and the wallet said 98 974.42 tDASH were available which wasn't a correct balance as I had sent away about half of it. I closed the wallet and opened again two hours later... It said 73974.37688797 tDASH were available, many transactions were still conflicted on the transaction screen, and some tx's from July 4 to July 9 suddenly got confirmed (..Transaction ID: e08d48d1550a84dace5ef5bd2c40d3ec181358e4aee175bbdb904f234efba266)

Then I sent this whole amount to another wallet, the tx kept hanging for a while, didn't think it would go through but it did!!! How could this happen? Did it just roll back the chain, got all the spent coins back, and now I'm tDASH RICH AGAIN??? :grin:

Transaction ID: 2f01d3ce4288fccb226ceb2a1d3f0d8df74efd03e9bda01f9cf3c9b48e6e754d
http://test.insight.dash.siampm.com...ceb2a1d3f0d8df74efd03e9bda01f9cf3c9b48e6e754d

upload_2015-8-5_21-6-56.png

crowning , I realized just now that I wrote in absolutes, which I didn't intend. I mostly wanted to say that it was a great video and might be a great view for those of you that really run this open source project. It's also a great video for us common folk so we can understand and put into perspective things that might happen in front of us as we're watching ;) (Vertoe anyone?) LOL. You guys all know way more about such things than I, and really, the one thing I thought might be missed is to keep a log of mistakes. That's an excellent idea and I'm not so sure that it'd be common to do such a thing.

Even when it's not visible to the outside (almost) every line of code is reviewed by the devs. Code from third-parties doubly so :smile:

Maybe in the future. Right know we do it just because devs get all the nice girls
smilebreit.gif
You are so gentle in your response. Thanks for all your hard work! :)

Yes, me too. If i was away and come back i would have some respect for people who have been doing the work, coding, testing, whatever, and just would have some respect for them before saying this is confusing .. BLAH BLAH BLAH....

(and sorry i'm not talking about you, you know that :))
This directed at me? I have a ton of respect for everyone. I just also feel the need to play devils advocate sometimes. If we can't answer the questions among ourselves how could we answer them when posted by others?

Just trying to help regardless of if the help is misunderstood.

crowning , I realized just now that I wrote in absolutes, which I didn't intend. I mostly wanted to say that it was a great video and might be a great view for those of you that really run this open source project. It's also a great video for us common folk so we can understand and put into perspective things that might happen in front of us as we're watching ;) (Vertoe anyone?) LOL. You guys all know way more about such things than I, and really, the one thing I thought might be missed is to keep a log of mistakes. That's an excellent idea and I'm not so sure that it'd be common to do such a thing.

Tante tante tante ...
Your post above came across pretty harsh and wrong I have to say !!

Devs paid ... I would call that maybe a tip !!!
These boys are working their (skinny) a... off and I do not think it is fair to shout for code review ! Did anything ever sneak by them ? No, so highest respect for everybody involved and keeping us afloat ... That goes from Evan to udjin , flare , crowning .... Incl all you testers who are testing that we do not fall on our nose !!

Vertoe reference , I do not get it !

This directed at me? I have a ton of respect for everyone. I just also feel the need to play devils advocate sometimes. If we can't answer the questions among ourselves how could we answer them when posted by others?

Just trying to help regardless of if the help is misunderstood.
I'm not sure what questions that you wanted to ask but you suddenly showed up with some hostile artillery that was uncalled for, while the devs were working their asses off ... i just didn't think that was helpful.

Back