• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

V12 Testing Thread

TaoOfSatoshi MangledBlue Sub-Ether that's really strange - I have only a few collaterals like 1 of 10 and I'm mixing all the time.. debug.log? :wink: [email protected]

I know it's a Bitcoin core wallet thing, but I think that "hiding" fees as a default feels deceptive to the user. I really think it would behoove us to make the default show everything if possible.
If you're talking about "Most Common" vs "All" thing - it's Dash feature not Bitcoin one. There were lot of talks about "spamming" the wallet and crowning implemented that new filter to hide denominating 0s, collateral fees etc

EDIT: LOL, just checked again and seems like I got a lot collateral payments too in the last hour... looking into :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's a Bitcoin core wallet thing, but I think that "hiding" fees as a default feels deceptive to the user. I really think it would behoove us to make the default show everything if possible.

I don't agree, we are talking cents for most of them, and it looks very confusing, most users will feel befuddled by the chart and move on. We should keep it as is.

Pablo.

It's a great feature, but I hate to look dishonest to users. I think honesty and openness is paramount. Perhaps an obvious button on the overview tab that says "hide fees / show fees" right under the "show recent transactions" would be better? And I can completely understand hiding 0 amount transactions that come up as a default (I've had some, and still don't know what they are? Maybe they're from denominating?)

It's a great feature, but I hate to look dishonest to users. I think honesty and openness is paramount. Perhaps an obvious button on the overview tab that says "hide fees / show fees" right under the "show recent transactions" would be better? And I can completely understand hiding 0 amount transactions that come up as a default (I've had some, and still don't know what they are? Maybe they're from denominating?)

I agree... the Common vs All option could definitely be more obvious, it's had to be pointed out to people a few times in this thread (myself included). I would also prefer my wallet to open by default to whichever settings I have previously selected - not just the "All" transactions, but others as well.

the overview tab doesn't honor the transactions view either.. another potential confusion.

Ok, to me that sounds like we might need another checkbox in "Options" that should be saved in user preferences and/or some dialog box asking would user like to see DS txes/fees or not (only first time (s)he hit "Start mixing" button). Or smth like that.

Pinging crowning to join the discussion :rolleyes:

Are we back to wallet design discussion?
The progress bar discussion will be up next? :grin::tongue:

Ok, to me that sounds like we might need another checkbox in "Options" that should be saved in user preferences and/or some dialog box asking would user like to see DS txes/fees or not (only first time (s)he hit "Start mixing" button). Or smth like that.

Pinging crowning to join the discussion :rolleyes:
If that's easier, that sounds like a good option :)

Pablo, I keep thinking maybe one of these are your problem (and forgive me if some of the ideas sound stupid ;) )

First off, do you have 1000 coins exactly in an account? It seems to be unable to break up 1000 exact coins. I send 499 coins to myself and suddenly my DS started working.
Second, make sure you're on the latest version? (12.04 I think)
Third, if you have a high mixing rounds number, it takes a lot longer. Mine has been mixing approx 1190 coins 5 rounds since yesterday and I'm at 46% That's 32 hours.
Oh, and back to #2, make sure you're not on a fork, try -reindex when you start your wallet to be certain it loads the correct chain. Right now, I'm on block 74141

Hope something there helps? Sorry for the trouble, but trouble usually helps us learn ;P

Pablo, I keep thinking maybe one of these are your problem (and forgive me if some of the ideas sound stupid ;) )

First off, do you have 1000 coins exactly in an account? It seems to be unable to break up 1000 exact coins. I send 499 coins to myself and suddenly my DS started working.
Second, make sure you're on the latest version? (12.04 I think)
Third, if you have a high mixing rounds number, it takes a lot longer. Mine has been mixing approx 1190 coins 5 rounds since yesterday and I'm at 46% That's 32 hours.
Oh, and back to #2, make sure you're not on a fork, try -reindex when you start your wallet to be certain it loads the correct chain. Right now, I'm on block 74141

Hope something there helps? Sorry for the trouble, but trouble usually helps us learn ;P

I think TanteStefana nailed it - try -reindex :)

EDIT: check your block height against http://test.explorer.darkcoin.qa/chain/tDarkcoin first, I guess you are far behind

You guys hit it on the nail, I think I'm on a fork as block height is not what it should be. Is there a software reason this happened, like is it a testnet thing or is it just bad luck?

Pablo.

TaoOfSatoshi MangledBlue Sub-Ether that's really strange - I have only a few collaterals like 1 of 10 and I'm mixing all the time.. debug.log? :wink: [email protected]

If you're talking about "Most Common" vs "All" thing - it's Dash feature not Bitcoin one. There were lot of talks about "spamming" the wallet and crowning implemented that new filter to hide denominating 0s, collateral fees etc

EDIT: LOL, just checked again and seems like I got a lot collateral payments too in the last hour... looking into :rolleyes:
Sent.

Just got home....
ugh - stuck at 3 hours = 74112

edit: deleted peers - now 4 hours = 74112

edit: 8 hours - stuck

Last edited:
Dash Ninja updated to v0.12.0.5-2b75fae (actually still labeled 0.12.0.4).
Nodes stuck on fork are reindexing.
Test Explorer unstuck.

My wallets got a lot of "Make Collateral Inputs" and "Collateral Payment" fees. On the Coin Control there're a lot of of locked inputs (99 and up). The wallets seem not to be able to denominate and all they do is creating collaterals.

To summarize our current problems :

- too many incoming Darksend Collateral Payment transactions during mixing
- the Amount / Rounds in the Overview section either needs a larger field or needs less decimal places as the rounds are not displayed correctly now
- there is discussion about the default ''Most Common'' filter and possibly changing that back to a default ''All" filter so transactions are not hidden from start,
or maybe adding some visual info that wallet is running in "Most Common" filter mode.
- according chinese info the name Darkcoin is still used in the wallet somewhere when running its chinese version, this needs to be corrected (post 512, page 26),
this could be fixed already, not sure
- sometimes the amount / rounds will not show edited amount / rounds in the Overview section, this could be a windows problem (post 534, page 27), reset wallet / restarting wallet
seems to help but wearth investigating
- sometimes the rounds exceed the set limit (post 549, page 28)
- http://test.insight.masternode.io:3001/ has refreshment problems with Internet Explorer, behaves well with Google Chrome

Anything else ?

Back