• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.11.1 - InstantX Release

Testing IX on mainnet with the .25 wallet. Last two attempts have ended with (InstantX Verification failed) and the coins ended up being sent with a normal pow confirmation after having the fail.

Edit: Moli mentioned in IRC that perhaps this is just due to the fact that most mn's aren't at .25 yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep getting a message about my database being corrupted after updating to .25. How do I rebuild my database? I removed my peers.dat file as well and that didnt work.

I keep getting a message about my database being corrupted after updating to .25. How do I rebuild my database? I removed my peers.dat file as well and that didnt work.
start wallet with -reindex command-line option

start wallet with -reindex command-line option
--reindex never solved the problem for me, had to delete blocks and chainstate directories and constantly restart it as it crashed over and over from that weird wallet.dat error, until, finally, I got a working chain. Then, I scp -C that sucker to every node so I don't have to fight with them all...

If you run many MNs, you might want to consider scp -C or rsync for dealing with this...

Oh, and if there's a peers.dat, delete it. Every time...

--reindex never solved the problem for me, had to delete blocks and chainstate directories and constantly restart it as it crashed over and over from that weird wallet.dat error, until, finally, I got a working chain. Then, I scp -C that sucker to every node so I don't have to fight with them all...

If you run many MNs, you might want to consider scp -c or rsync for dealing with this...
I had that crash too and it worked for me.... But yeah, scp is good fallback too. For those who have no node to scp from, once again - https://github.com/UdjinM6/darkcoin-bootstrap :smile:

I had that crash too and it worked for me.... But yeah, scp is good fallback too. For those who have no node to scp from, once again - https://github.com/UdjinM6/darkcoin-bootstrap :smile:
You can use your local client's chain, just make sure neither is memory resident at the time... My uplink is 0.768 Mbps... so, that -C is mandatory... It'd take so long that there would be updates and the chain would be corrupted in the process if they were memory resident.

When I go from server to server tho, it only takes a few seconds with the -C so I generally just take the gamble that there won't be a new block while I'm copying it. Sometimes I wait until just after a block is accepted so I can be sure...

That bootstrap thingy looks handy...

Seems fishy to me, I edited my podcast just in case they are telling the truth.

v0.11.1.25 - MANDATORY UPDATE

Due to some pools taking advantage of paying the incorrect masternodes (on purpose), enabling enforcement failed earlier today. Please update to the latest version of the software, 11.1.25, which includes a much stronger policy for enforcing masternode payments. This will also cause bans on any clients mining on the wrong chain. After the entire network updates (Pools, Exchanges, Masternodes, etc), we'll activate enforcement again.

https://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/

Evan granted the possibility, that pools manipulated MN payouts. The pool owner of miningpoolhub mentioned that his .22 client was "stuck" (without client manipulation) on paying out one specific masternode. Is this technically possible? From my opinion a client can get stuck on a block but non on paying out a specific masternode.

When I go from server to server tho, it only takes a few seconds with the -C so I generally just take the gamble that there won't be a new block while I'm copying it. Sometimes I wait until just after a block is accepted so I can be sure...

That bootstrap thingy looks handy...

- stop source darkcoind, make a local copy, restart source darkcoind
- stop destination darkcoind, scp blocks/chainstate there, restart destination darkcoind

This involves NO gambling, the downtimes are short enough to not fall off the payment list, and with the bootstrap file you would have to stop and restart darkcoind anyway.

- stop source darkcoind, make a local copy, restart source darkcoind
- stop destination darkcoind, scp blocks/chainstate there, restart destination darkcoind

This involves NO gambling, the downtimes are short enough to not fall off the payment list, and with the bootstrap file you would have to stop and restart darkcoind anyway.
I just wait for a block to hit, then I know I've got a minute or two... Only takes about 8 seconds to scp -C from one server to another. No gambling. Keeps me from having to log into the source machine. Just deal with the one I'm sshed to at the moment.

That bootstrap thing looks fun. Might try that next time.

I edited my messages in the cheating mining pool topic, but I absolutely don't buy their explanations - this is typically the kind of bullshit someone guilty would say. I mean, the main argument is he has another MN?

I edited my messages in the cheating mining pool topic, but I absolutely don't buy their explanations - this is typically the kind of bullshit someone guilty would say. I mean, the main argument is he has another MN?

Enforcement is ON now so it should not matter anymore, right? We have to remember that greed is a human trait and it has an evolutionary value so it is not gonna go away anywhere anytime soon. What we need is to create check and balances system- if a pool operator tries to cheat, community has to find a way to balance cheater's action, either through improving the code or coordinating PR campaign to abandon his pool, to punish the pool operator (which is exactly what we did) and it should not be taken personal.

v0.11.1.20 - Limit IX to 1000DRK max for the time being
v0.11.1.21 - Fixed spork message propagation
v0.11.1.22 - Added block-replay spork for on the fly fork resolution
v0.11.1.23 - Masternode payments fix
v0.11.1.24 - Fix masternode payments sync bug / BlockHeight default for CalcScore
v0.11.1.25 - Ban cheating pools / stronger enforcement code

Look at all that awesome that happened in the span of just a few days. I dare you to find a Dev that moves that fast in any other coin. Put 50 of them together and they still don't add up to one Evan.

Enforcement is ON now so it should not matter anymore, right? We have to remember that greed is a human trait and it is has an evolutionary value so it is not gonna go away anywhere anytime soon. What we need is to create check and balances system- if a pool operator tries to cheat, community has to find a way to balance cheater's action, either through improving the code or coordinating PR campaign to abandon his pool, to punish the pool operator (which is exactly what we did) and it should not be taken personal.

Totally agree, I mean he suddently reacted and update to newest version as soon as we were acting aggressively in his subject and tainting his reputation.
But for the record, I wanted to say that I think he is stil a big fat liar ;-)

Enforcement is ON now so it should not matter anymore, right? We have to remember that greed is a human trait and it has an evolutionary value so it is not gonna go away anywhere anytime soon. What we need is to create check and balances system- if a pool operator tries to cheat, community has to find a way to balance cheater's action, either through improving the code or coordinating PR campaign to abandon his pool, to punish the pool operator (which is exactly what we did) and it should not be taken personal.
The greed made it stronger. Crypto is nothing but a set of paradoxical rules that leverage humanity's negative traits for good. Humanity's negative traits are inexhaustible. With all the new stuff in DRK, finding and implementing the correct paradoxes takes time. To find good is not a natural behavior for any human; it's a lot of work to defy your own nature and think in ways that do not come naturally...

eduffield Network is forked ATM by the looks of things. Various block explorers stalled at various blocks with about an hour of no new blocks found.

Back