• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.11.1 - InstantX Release

Whow ... was that related to these 'fake/changes" download links on BTC (what Tante mentioned) ??
I don't think so--at least not directly. Based on what Evan said above, it sounds like someone hacked the code on their nodes which caused them to keep winning the election for the payout, that elbereth noted.

Elbereth's post shows how many DRKs those cheaters got from how many payments (times) the last 48 hours or so. It has nothing to do with what Tante said at all.

Tx
just asking
nobs wanna know too
:wink:

GCtYpDh.png

GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNN!!!!!!

SOYLENT GREEN IS ENFORCEMENT!!!! IT'S ENFORCEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got a bitchin' Camaro!

Y
GCtYpDh.png

Yeah, but look like the majority is not really getting paid as your image... plz check 219276-219278 as examples.

Folks, I know I should be going to bed, but something has been tugging at my memory and it just came clear. I remembered seeing a post on BCT this morning that I just interpreted as one more piece of FUD/trolling. I just went back and found it. And in view of subsequent events it seems pretty ominous in retrospect. :what:

It seems winteriscoming has posted only 4 times with one deleted. (Here they are: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=391727;sa=showPosts)

Here is this mornings post (well yesterday morning now):
[quote author=winteriscoming5 link=topic=421615.msg10439150#msg10439150 date=1423760920]
atThb4s.gif

[/quote]

And this from Dec. 1st:

• Darkcoin is NOT anonymous. Every transaction can be automatically traced with a Darkcoin de-anonymizer.
  • Darkcoin is prone to several cost-less DOS attacks that can destroy the whole network.
  • Darkcoin code was written by amateurs who do not properly understand cryptography.

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/DRKCoin/comments/2nyifp/darkcoin_seriosuly_flawed_zero_anonymity_and/

From reddit:

hello friends,
please do not get confused by the fact, that I am a fresh user. In fact, I am very actively involed in crypto currencies but remaining anonymous requires certain countermeasures.

IN SHORT
It does not require many words to describe the problem. Darkcoin's code base remembers me of my childhood where I started coding on my AMIGA. Functions that easily can be implemented in O(1) are in fact implemented in polynomial complexity (like O(n5) or something). But this is not the problem.

The biggest problem is, that while indeed being savvy the developers have not much background knowledge about crypto and (in general) the very exact details about the bitcoin/darkcoin/whatever protocol.

After excessively revieweing the code and verifying everything on an offline testbox very scary facts popped up:

• Darkcoin is prone to DOS attacks, there are at least 3 (confirmed) ways you can DOS the complete network at no cost at all. You do not even lose your collateral tx.
  • More critical: Darkcoin has no anonymity. There is a very easy and reliable way to link inputs to outputs in every single Darksend (as well as automatic denonimating) transaction.

As I know the open source community, I will not get anything from publishing my ideas and helping to fix them. So I want to inform you, that I will shortly setup a "Darkcoin Deanonymizer" which will for every single darksend transaction be able to link incoming and outcoing transactions.

ALRIGHT, DUE TO EXCESSIVE TROLLING ACCUSATIONS I DISCLOSE ONE OF THREE DOS ATTACKS ON DARKCOIN HERE --- just for a start

Alright, I will disclose one of three DOS attacks right now.

Attack: You can destroy all darksend processes by not signing and not losing any of your collaterals ... sabotage for free basically.

Reason: When you push your collateral to the masternode it is incorrectly checked for validity.

Check: IsCollateralValid() in darksend.cpp - line 874ff

It basically checks:
  • are all inputs correct
  • are all outputs correct
  • wtxCollateral.IsAcceptable(true, false)

however, transaction with a nLockTime in the future are also passing "IsAcceptable". So push a collateral with a locktime 10000 blocks ahead, and you will never lose it because it will not make it into any block thus easily can be replaced by another one with a higher nSequence number.

This is SERIOUS and can destroy the whole network.

3 other DOS points are there as well.

PS It was about this time that child_harold started his distractions (dare I say psychological warfare), as well. It was annoying enough that even Evan felt compelled to respond. Could be just a coincidence but...:rolleyes:

Yes, I know I may be paranoid... but that doesn't mean they aren't out to get us.:eek:

Edit: I was inclined to start a new thread, but I'm not sure if this should be wide-spread or not. I am thinking that here we have a more dedicated readership.

Folks, I know I should be going to bed, but something has been tugging at my memory and it just came clear. I remembered seeing a post on BCT this morning that I just interpreted as one more piece of FUD/trolling. I just went back and found it. And in view of subsequent events it seems pretty ominous in retrospect. :what:

I remember this joker from back then, and if I remember correctly, everyone pretty much dismissed him as a crank. I wonder if we have seen the last of him?

PS It was about this time that child_harold started his distractions (dare I say psychological warfare), as well. It was annoying enough that even Evan felt compelled to respond. Could be just a coincidence but...:rolleyes:

Yes, I know I may be paranoid... but that doesn't mean they aren't out to get us.:eek:
I wouldn't worry too much about it. It seems like someone who knows enough to muddle around in the code for defects, but just wants to take down other coins (except the ones they invested in) rather than help the cryptocurrency community as a whole.

I sure hope that is not true, because if it is, its not working!:
1 minute ago219301XxDotRpSDzgyAkx3jHkLZD8YYZRwbcjmmA3527.454.64286037.5%/0.0%Unpaid blockUnknown

Enforcement is disabled:

{
"SPORK_1_MASTERNODE_PAYMENTS_ENFORCEMENT" : 1443754538, # Fri, 02 Oct 2015 02:55:38
"Unknown" : 1444217600,
"SPORK_6_REPLAY_BLOCKS" : -1
}

Masternodes are ready. 88% on version .23.

Almost 50% of all MN payouts currently go to a) miners not paying out masternodes (enforcement off) b) the guy who manipulates MN payout messages to increase probability for his own MNs to get nominated

Last edited by a moderator:
Enforcement is disabled:

{
"SPORK_1_MASTERNODE_PAYMENTS_ENFORCEMENT" : 1443754538, # Fri, 02 Oct 2015 02:55:38
"Unknown" : 1444217600,
"SPORK_6_REPLAY_BLOCKS" : -1
}

Masternodes are ready. 88% on version .23.

Almost 50% of all MN payouts currently go to a) miners not paying out masternodes (enforcement off) b) the guy who manipulates MN payout messages to increase probability for his own MNs to get nominated

Just add more details : 219007 - 219350
a) 8.66% of Mining power : XxDotRpSDzgyAkx3jHkLZD8YYZRwbcjmmA
b.1) 29.24% of Mining power : miningpoolhub
b.2) 11.91% of Mining power : XwfiFDTgpVdMBiHKtLZ5Q8KzghZ8qgCfxb
b.3) 1.62% of Mining power : darkcoinoboxru
b.4) 1.08% of Mining power : ghashio
b.5) 0.54% of Mining power : xhash.net
So, at least 53.05% of Mining power is not correctly payouts to MN.
I think there are possibility that b) guys may use same special version for mining which is not the latest release of darkcoin.

If i should throw out some "Cheating Pool Warnings" (Social Media)
somebody please ping me
(Dev Team - with Links and better suggestions)
tx

Can someone explain me something.
If the majority of masternodes and all exchanges are updated to the latest version and enforcement is turned on what will the "bad" pools do with all the coins they mine?
My understanding is that those coins will not be accepted in the right fork (blocks mined in the "good" pools) in fact those coins do not even exist in the correct blockchain...

Let us be fair and give him some hours to respond and state his opinion. No condemnation without hearing his side of the story.

In case he does not deliver a reasonable explanation, we should remind every miner of miningpoolhub of the possibility to give the user "miningpoolhub" on bitcointalk a negative trust rating. This might be a template how to handle these things in the future. DRK cheating leads to negative PR and the cheaters should better put this into their total equation.

Hm, on the one hand it's negative situation, but on the other hand system will be stronger in the future, because Evan can fix this vulnerability now and not in the far future, so I want to say "thank you" to all cheaters, because they help to make the whole system more secure.

The fact that a large pool though is gaming the system means even after this is fixed, that hash should spread to fair pools. Would love to see the DCT pool get that hash.

I hope the 2-3 days worth of payments is enough to cover the backlash from all this.

Can someone explain me something.
If the majority of masternodes and all exchanges are updated to the latest version and enforcement is turned on what will the "bad" pools do with all the coins they mine?
My understanding is that those coins will not be accepted in the right fork (blocks mined in the "good" pools) in fact those coins do not even exist in the correct blockchain...
Orphaned perhaps?

Back