• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.11.0.x Core Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
eduffield, the Reset button does not reset this for me:

upload_2015-1-3_10-52-6.png

Related to the locked amounts in list mode that shouldn't have to be unlocked manually:

upload_2015-1-3_10-53-56.png

for on Testnet i would prefer to keep the resetbutton, if possible extend it to unlock any locked input amounts.
If it works satisfactory we can think of keeping it for Mainnet, i think it could be usefull there as well.
The ''Try Mix'' button i would get rid of .. thats just my personal feeling about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try Mix manually submits a denom request I think instead of waiting some set time before it does it itself. Not sure how Reset differs from Stop Mixing.

Receive addresses are now under File > Receiving addresses. :)
Oh, cool! Thank you, is that the same as Bitcoin's new wallet (receiving addresses?)

One weird question. On my windows 7 machine, the wallet has an orange D, is that a graphics issue or does that represent a testing wallet?

Client doesn't want to do any more work. It is in idle status for some time. I pressed 'reset' and 'try mix' button few times and nothing happened.
Restarting darksend mixing nor client didn't help either.
0K44AqB.png

Looks like finished but it's not
Edit: message 'Submitted to masternode' appeared after about 3h

Client doesn't want to do any more work. It is in idle status for some time. I pressed 'reset' and 'try mix' button few times and nothing happened.
Restarting darksend mixing nor client didn't help either.
0K44AqB.png

Looks like finished but it's not
Edit: message 'Submitted to masternode' appeared after about 3h

if its just looking for ND to pair with it will have a hard time finding any :)
What you can do is stop the mixing, go to coin control, inputs, list mode and do the following :

- check for locked amounts and unlock them
- bundle all amounts that dont have rounds behind them and sent them to yrself as selfpayment
- wait till it gets confirmed at least once
- restart the mixing

My report:

I started my wallet where it left off previously in last testing. I had it mixing 2 rounds, it didn't complete. Not sure which exact version it was. I opened the new wallet (currently 11.0.0) set the rounds to 8 and the number of coins I kept at 1000. This morning they are 100% denominated. I don't see how I can view my breakdown, we no longer have the option to choose which denominated coins to use? Otherwise my report is it all seems to work well???

Wait, how are you guys getting coin control...........oh wait, I seem to remember you need to set the wallet to "expert" mode, I'll look for that, LOL

yup, everything looks good in there, I guess I'll send everything back to my wallet and try mixing again. Are we currently working with 3 inputs at a time or 2?

Oh, cool! Thank you, is that the same as Bitcoin's new wallet (receiving addresses?)

One weird question. On my windows 7 machine, the wallet has an orange D, is that a graphics issue or does that represent a testing wallet?
Tante, yes it's orange on windows, if you see something like this then it is a testnet wallet:

upload_2015-1-3_11-24-18.png

if its just looking for ND to pair with it will have a hard time finding any :)
What you can do is stop the mixing, go to coin control, inputs, list mode and do the following :

- check for locked amounts and unlock them
- bundle all amounts that dont have rounds behind them and sent them to yrself as selfpayment
- wait till it gets confirmed at least once
- restart the mixing
I checked before. There are no locked coins

My report:

I started my wallet where it left off previously in last testing. I had it mixing 2 rounds, it didn't complete. Not sure which exact version it was. I opened the new wallet (currently 11.0.0) set the rounds to 8 and the number of coins I kept at 1000. This morning they are 100% denominated. I don't see how I can view my breakdown, we no longer have the option to choose which denominated coins to use? Otherwise my report is it all seems to work well???

Wait, how are you guys getting coin control...........oh wait, I seem to remember you need to set the wallet to "expert" mode, I'll look for that, LOL
We are on version 11.0.3:

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/v0-11-0-x-testing.3401/page-12#post-35266

Yes, the latest bitcoin updates have been transferred over to the darkcoin wallet (thanks to Vertoe's hard work) .. so the receiving addresses
can be found bitcoin wallet style and a lot of other cool bitcoin functions and optimilizations as well.

I checked before. There are no locked coins
okay, then you can just proceed with bundling any input amount without rounds and sent them to yrself.
This will provide a fresh mixing without effecting the already mixed rounds..

edit : and maybe save the debug.log in case its needed, because its weird yr wallet is only trying to pair ''ND''

This is truly an amazing amount of work for the dark team... friken BRAVO.

this is why I have all my btc in drk.

Thank you to the whole dev team!!

I just tried to darksend coins:
-101 coins darksent but didn't use darksend balance :what:
-13.54 darksent normal using anonymised coins
Should I send debug log to someone?

I just tried to darksend coins:
-101 coins darksent but didn't use darksend balance :what:
-13.54 darksent normal using anonymised coins
Should I send debug log to someone?

no need to darksend payments to yrself, i would just unclick darksend flag.
you can sent Evan the debug.log, tell him in the email its looking for ND to pair with and that it got stuck in mixing
for some time... his email : [email protected]

Not sure if this happened with the previous wallet, but when I hit "Start Darksend Mixing" the wallet unlocks like it should, you can see it in the lower right corner, but where the status report is, it says "wallet locked" This changes when funds are submitted to a masternode, but if it doesn't happen quickly, it is confusing to the user. They might think something is wrong when it's only slow in updating. Just wondering if something can be done to have it report "wallet unlocked"?

P.S. I really like how the wallet reports what is happening, right now I see it' submitted funds for denomination of 100 + 10 + 1 + .1 + ND Just wondering what ND stands for?

One other thought, when I denominated last night without issue, I denominated fewer coins than I had in the wallet. I had over 1400 coins, and set denomination to 1000. Right now, I am denominating with about the same number of coins but set the wallet to denominate up to 2000 coins. I'm on the newest wallet, sent all coins to myself for a fresh start and we'll see if it goes over 8 rounds :)

no need to darksend payments to yrself, i would just unclick darksend flag.
you can sent Evan the debug.log, tell him in the email its looking for ND to pair with and that it got stuck in mixing
for some time... his email : [email protected]
I test darksending. Sorry for confusion. It is not related to previous posts
I sent to another wallet. Just a minute ago I darksent 55.46. It looks like it took 50 from 9 rounds and the rest from 8 rounds, so only 5.46+fee was deducted.
9 rounds is not counted in a darksend balance but wallet knows it is anonymised

Not sure if this happened with the previous wallet, but when I hit "Start Darksend Mixing" the wallet unlocks like it should, you can see it in the lower right corner, but where the status report is, it says "wallet locked" This changes when funds are submitted to a masternode, but if it doesn't happen quickly, it is confusing to the user. They might think something is wrong when it's only slow in updating. Just wondering if something can be done to have it report "wallet unlocked"?
I notice something a bit similar with the latest build. I stuck all my previously DS's coins into a new account and clicked Start Mixing, and for about 30 seconds the label over the Start Mixing button reported "Darksend is disabled" which was somewhat confusing.

I think I might be asking the wrong question about MN's. After I wget the darkcoind, I feel like I'm just a few commands away from starting the daemon, but the next commands don't work from onetime's tutorial. Anyone have a few lines to help? If there are enough testnet MN's, let me know & I'll just give up on it.

cd ~
mkdir ~/darkcoin
cd ~/darkcoin
wget http://bamboo.darkcoin.qa/artifact/DRKL-DEV/JOB1/build-86/gitian-linux-darkcoin-bin/bin/64/darkcoind
.....?

If I can get it going, I'm willing to spin up 5-10 MN's tonight to help out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back