• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.11.0.x Core Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I`ve noticed that the blocks found are fully paid for someone who found it. I mean shouldn`t they be paid partially for the MNs or it is going to be updated with later versions?

I think it is just one pool called "simplemultiasshole" or something that is being greedy :)

I'm running windows client v.0.11.0.3 with 3000 tDRK from a previous v.10 wallet that already had 1000 tDRK anonymized with just one round. Got almost 2000 tDRK anonymized. The progress bar seems really improved, showing the correct number 98%!

upload_2015-1-3_3-12-52.png

However, the transaction screen shows blank types instead of "Darksend Denominate":

upload_2015-1-3_3-17-39.png

And Coin Control still shows 9 rounds on some amounts. Also, is there anyway to break the amount 1024 into denominations to reach the target 2000?

upload_2015-1-3_3-21-59.png

EDIT: The amount 1024 tDRK shown on Coin Control did get denominated as Darksend continued to run and now the anon tDRK have gone over the target, it's probably going to anonymize all 2999 tdrk in my wallet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard to describe my feeling when i see the release (note) of V.11.
Bravo~!! Dev Team. Proud to have you all in this Great project.

4 tMN on line.

flare I was reported that the build of elbereth is using .darkcoin appdata folder where as your builds try to use .bitcoin appdata, I cant see any differences in code, could you double check the references in gitian are all correct? just an idea. (see posts above)

I can't confirm this on Windows - v0.11.0.3 is doing fine for me

suQtx8V.png

I don't understand what the "Try Mix" and "reset" buttons are, can anyone explain? It seems like my wallet didn't start mixing until I hit that button, is that so? (said suddenly something, then waiting in queue )

...I thought the same - its not self explanatory.
To be honest I never tried darksend on mainnet because I had the feeling I make something wrong with my drk.
The denom has to be foolproof and really easy to use, without knowing the technical details.

Question. My darksend balance is 994. Is there a reason I could not send 800drk? 400drk would work.

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2015-01-03 12:04:08.png
    Screenshot from 2015-01-03 12:04:08.png
    88.5 KB · Views: 95
  • Screenshot from 2015-01-03 12:04:47.png
    Screenshot from 2015-01-03 12:04:47.png
    67.7 KB · Views: 98
got a wallet stuck on ''no funds detected in need of denominating (2)''
i tried ''stop darksend mixing'', ''reset'', ''start darksend mixing'', ''try mixing''
it just hangs in that status.

edit 1 : almost forgot, i changed the amount to mix from 922 to 722 .. maybe the wallet still thinks its on amount 922 to mix ... i changed it with all my wallets and
this is the only wallet that got stuck.The rest of my wallets just updated the amount to mix to a lower amount without problem and are trying to mix.

edit 2 : a second wallet of my 6 wallets is giving the same status now.

Starting the mixing with amount higher then yr available / total balance and then changing the amount to mix to a lower amount then yr available / total balance while wallet is already mixing get you stuck in that status ''no funds detected in need of denominating (2)'' in some cases .. appearently. It effected 2 of my 5 wallets. I suspect the only way to get out of that status then is to bundle all yr input amounts and make a selfpayment transaction.

edit 3 : unlocking the ''unspend amounts'' through coin control makes it possible to mix again without having to do a selfpayment...

DqG23O8.jpg

* all darksend denominations are still without ''type'' in my wallets.
* mixing seems to go a lot more smoothly for me then yesterday
* when running multiple wallets on Testnet (with listen=0) they dont seem to pair with each other as much as they did before, from a security view thats good ofcourse.
edit : they do seem to pair more with each other then i first thought... after more observation .. but still less then on previous updates. Kinda hard to tell, more a feeling.

...I thought the same - its not self explanatory.
To be honest I never tried darksend on mainnet because I had the feeling I make something wrong with my drk.
The denom has to be foolproof and really easy to use, without knowing the technical details.

Question. My darksend balance is 994. Is there a reason I could not send 800drk? 400drk would work.

try selecting them (800 tDRK) manually through coin control .. same message ?

My first wallet just reached 100%, reached the exact amount to mix, reached the set rounds (8) but unfortunetely
found it still necessary to mix a bit further .. had to manually stop the mixing.
Total time for mixing : 2 hours 44 minutes (very, very fast !!)
Total denomination fees : 9
Total collateral fees (0.1) : 0

alc2HKN.jpg

sneaky bastard put another mixing round at it right after i stopped it :what:, it has now some round 9's in my input amounts and
exceeded my set amount. It also has a locked input amount of 5.37179931

7vtM5Vc.jpg

Okay another wallet finished and this one finished perfectly (reached the amount set very close, all input amounts are at set round 8) :
Total time for mixing : 2 hours 40 minutes (very, very fast !!)
Total denomination fees : 11
Total collateral fees (0.1) : 0

You can see at the status msg that it has finished mixing, nice feedback towards users !!

edit : bundling all change amounts (with no rounds behind them) through coin control and making a selfpayment i got it to mix another 10
which should raise my Darksend Balance to 724.2 once it get paired. This comes as close to my set amount as possible.
6zxRTa1.jpg

I like the feedback towards users that you can see in the status messages, the increased speed of the mixing and how up to date this wallet became with latest bitcoin wallet. There is still some bugfixing to do but .. well done darkcoin development team

I'm using onetime's video tutorial on youtube - on line 45, what do I name the testnet build in place of darkcoin-0.10.16.16-linux? I tried naming it gitian-linux-darkcoin-bin and darkcoin-0.11.0.3-linux, but no luck.

This is the line:
sudo cp ~/darkcoin/darkcoin-0.10.16.16-linux/bin/64/darkcoind /usr/bin/darkcoind

I'm very inexperienced with linux and using the linux 64bit darkcoind build from this page, thank you for your help!

the reset button : reset the current status of darksend.

Maybe it could be handy if pressing that resetbutton not only reset current status of darksend but also unlock any locked input amounts so users dont have to use
coin control to unlock it there if something went wrong during mixing or they just want a full reset ?

btw, i like how you can now lock / unlock input amounts with this new update, gives you a lot more control.

For everyone asking about the "Try Mix" and "Reset" buttons.

Try Mix: Will try to manually submit a Darksend round.
Reset: If Darksend wants to wait or runs into a problem, you can reset it. This will make the "Try Mix" button work. However, if you reset while you're "waiting in queue" or signing, you could be charged collateral for interrupting a Darksend.

To make everything easier to understand, what should those buttons be called? And what should the tooltips say? Should I just remove them altogether? Maybe they should just be preset on testnet?

Thanks

the reset button : reset the current status of darksend.

Maybe it could be handy if pressing that resetbutton not only reset current status of darksend but also unlock any locked input amounts so users dont have to use
coin control to unlock it there if something went wrong during mixing or they just want a full reset ?

btw, i like how you can now lock / unlock input amounts with this new update, gives you a lot more control.

Agree with the unlocking of any inputs via the reset button.

Not sure why inputs are getting locked/stuck in the first place, but given that it has happened to me several times a one-click way to get the client to resume mixing would be a good feature.

If I learned one thing in design, it is to keep things simple. There should only be one button for anonymizing. Call that button what you want, but what you're trying to with the three buttons should all be done with software automatically in the background. Meaning if darksend, "wants to wait" or "runs into a problem" the software should automatically reset it in the background without the normal user ever knowing. If we want wide adoption, a single, "Anonymize Coins" or like-named button should be the only thing people see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back