• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.5.x Masternode Payments Testing (RC2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you telling me to set difficulty to zero? Actually the issue might be we hadn't put 1000 real DRK into the wallet. Will know soon...oops I see now. Delete testnet3

Are you telling me to set difficulty to zero? Actually the issue might be we hadn't put 1000 real DRK into the wallet. Will know soon...oops I see now. Delete testnet3
and you have to stop the darkcoind and restart it after you received the 1000DRK then you should be a capable masternode

danbrun, You sound like you're trying to set up a real masternode? Is that so? Or did you want to do the testnet testing?

Another thing is, before you can start the masternode, you must start darkciond. So something like ./darkcoind then ./darkcoind masternode start mycrazylongpassphrasehere Then you can check your balance ./darkcoind getbalance or how many masternodes we have running on testnet ./darkcoind masternode list etc... If you set your masternode up as chaeplin showed, you don't have to do the ./ in front of the darkcoind command :)

Can i mine while my masternode is running? and can we now darksend more than 10 coins? And can I send coins from ./darkcoind while running a Masternode and will it automatically be darksent?

I was thinking about setting up a real masternode. But it seems prudent to run testnet first, yes?

Ok, so we need some new testnet coins please anyone. Developer comments below. If someone could send more than 1000 coins that would be good for testing purposes. thanks.

mjPKS6mCPzu9cZZAY5y4EDbyMggfwLDjpt

Wallet has changed after deleting testnet3 folder.

darkcoin@ks4010437:~$ ./darkcoind getbalance
We need exactly 1000 coins on that address.

God dammit... 3 days straight, doing nothing else with my life except trying to get this running.
donho and Lariondos have been helping through chat, but nothing goes! I am a linux noob, but can follow instruction like the best trained monkey on planet earth.

First, EC2 only has Ubuntu 14.04, no more 12.04. Tried every single region.

First time ssh into instance gives me this warning

D3X3Beq.png

so as suggested I ran the fixes, one works, the other doesn't

7Azh9IA.png

On chaeplin's RC1 guide, skipping the compile of course, straight to wget RC2 (update, upgrade, swap, dependancies) , step 6 - I get this error

bqgrWLy.png

apparently you can't "edit" in ubuntu 14.04, so I used nano which works ok...

ePgHLLz.png

And HERE is where everyone's at lost. Even jumping through hoops...

HkV4Kef.png

seems to be a locale.gen issue, which I did address right when I ssh'ed in. Googled like crazy, tried numerous "fixes". Yesterday I managed to get it going, somehow, donho helped, but I did it all from root, which is not a good idea I know... I'd like to get it right! help! have 1.5k ready at testnet pool wallet !

If someone would take the time, I will make a idiot's proof tutorial for RC2 !! I don't want to wait for the AMI image, I want to get dirty and nasty with linux :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone please send us 1000 drk testnet coins + plus a few more for testing. Thanks.

I just tried it with 14.04, no warning whatsoever - darkcoind runs like a charm. Could you try a fresh instance and ssh with putty?

done.
sudo darkcoind sendtoaddress mjPKS6mCPzu9cZZAY5y4EDbyMggfwLDjpt 2000
68725375f7bf491a0fdb1443829210b7a8ed1c3d35ebca5d38f080c223562bc2

I just tried it with 14.04, no warning whatsoever - darkcoind runs like a charm. Could you try a fresh instance and ssh with putty?

yeah, when I was with you on chat, I had just started and fresh new instance...
I'm on OSx, ssh through Terminal

AMI ID
ubuntu-trusty-14.04-amd64-server-20140416.1 (ami-018c9568)

We lost our test coins when deleting testnet3. Her is our new address. Can you send 1000 plus a few extra for testing sends?

Oh, maybe it's the same address but we lost the coins when we did the reinstall of testnet3. Let me check email...Yep email from him this A.M.

Current test address is mjPKS6mCPzu9cZZAY5y4EDbyMggfwLDjpt.

Regards,
Dmitry

Oh, maybe it's the same address but we lost the coins when we did the reinstall of testnet3. Let me check email...Yep email from him this A.M.

Current test address is mjPKS6mCPzu9cZZAY5y4EDbyMggfwLDjpt.

Regards,
Dmitry

You have the private key to this address in your wallet, so you can spend the balance. It's not redeemed yet.
Would need to mine some more testnet coins to send you enough. Any volunteers?

Can anyone help us? We cannot send coins for some reason.

I've got wallet with 50000 testcoins but I can spend it.
Darkcoin software doesn't establish any network connection.

I don't have public IP at home, it can be the cause.

Can you help me out here? We've got the testnet masternode set up, but we cannot send coins. Per my developer:

I've got wallet with 50000 testcoins but I can spend it.
Darkcoin software doesn't establish any network connection.

I don't have public IP at home, it can be the cause.

darkcoind sendtoaddress mgrPzE4Ubg2jWdjiinB1Zi7bSuSCm535iP 2000
9c2c3b4b83d2f2fa09f68dbf80b71d7e5ae9a6ccd0662f92195280cc13d8a10b

Anyone want testnet coin ? Reply with testnet address !!

Ok guys! FYI

So I did everything though OSx... when time come to run darkcoind, I got those errors. Following Lariondo's advice, I ssh'ed in via another machine (VM Ubuntu inside OSx) and wham, darkcoin server starts without issues! So to troubleshoot, I rebooted, went to OSx terminal, logged in and ran darkcoind... error. Reboot, VM Ubuntu terminal, server starts no problem.

Another issue I had, was I generated an address, and got 3x 1000k

Code:
darkcoind getnewaddress

This will not permit the masternode to start. Thank you InternetApe !

For the masternode to start, you MUST generate from account 0

Code:
darkcoind getaccountaddress 0

If you've made this mistake like I did, you can simply generate address 0 , and send yourself to that address.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back