• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.16 - Onyx v2

Code:
$ darkcoind masternode list | sort | uniq -dc
      2     "104.131.236.114:9999" : 1,
      3     "108.61.172.141:9999" : 1,
      2     "108.61.192.159:9999" : 1,
      3     "108.61.193.102:9999" : 1,
      2     "108.61.252.127:9999" : 1,
      3     "108.61.252.210:9999" : 1,
      2     "178.62.171.227:9999" : 1,
      2     "178.62.171.56:9999" : 1,
      2     "178.62.171.69:9999" : 1,
      2     "178.62.183.183:9999" : 1,
They are growing...:confused:

PS. And I'm learning :tongue:

Some of those are mine, and they have multiple entries even though I never attempted it. They disappear quickly. This is a mess... After hundreds of start-over-from-scratch attempts, I finally got 1 masternode to "stick" to the network. No idea why since I did nothing differently. MNs just halt comms and disappear. At least for me... Hundreds of attempts doing the exact same thing, and only one stuck...

I'm about to try adding a second one, but I'm pretty sure start-many is going to kick the working one off by switching pubkeys for no reason, and leave me with nothing.

EDIT: as suspected, any attempt to start another MN results in the previously working MN going into 70min fail.

Clearly, there is something very important missing from the "guides." MNs just don't stay on the network. I'm not wasting any more of my time until there is a solution to the problem. Something is very, very broken here.

Last edited by a moderator:
eduffield Since you are pushing mandatory updates to masternodes, thoughts on reducing the 500 denomination?

I think removal will cause a lot more bloat if they're ever used more in the future.
Some of those are mine, and they have multiple entries even though I never attempted it. They disappear quickly. This is a mess... After hundreds of start-over-from-scratch attempts, I finally got 1 masternode to "stick" to the network. No idea why since I did nothing differently. MNs just halt comms and disappear. At least for me... Hundreds of attempts doing the exact same thing, and only one stuck...

I'm about to try adding a second one, but I'm pretty sure start-many is going to kick the working one off by switching pubkeys for no reason, and leave me with nothing.

EDIT: as suspected, any attempt to start another MN results in the previously working MN going into 70min fail.

Clearly, there is something very important missing from the "guides." MNs just don't stay on the network. I'm not wasting any more of my time until there is a solution to the problem. Something is very, very broken here.

Send me both of the debug.logs and I'll check it out

I think removal will cause a lot more bloat if they're ever used more in the future.
Send me both of the debug.logs and I'll check it out
I've terminated the VMs and moved back to a single wallet. I just don't have time for this fooling around. Only one of them ever worked, and there is no explanation why it worked.. Nor explanation why trying to set u- a second one caused the 1st one to stop pinging. I've got too many other problems to deal with, like all my websites being blacklisted from every major search engine.... Can't be dealing with this.

Would have loved to get some MNs up, but they just plain do not work. I've read and re-read every "guide" done my best to sort out the ADHD unrelated talk... I'm not doing anything wrong. They just don't work and I'm not going to bother talking about it anymore. Too many double standards I'm dealing with already. I don't need this to add to the pile.

It's got a "me detector" It works for everyone else, but not for me... Same old thing I'm always dealing with. I'm getting sick of hodl for nothing. My DRKS should be working for me, but MNs are broken.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've terminated the VMs and moved back to a single wallet. I just don't have time for this fooling around. Only one of them ever worked, and there is no explanation why it worked.. Nor explanation why trying to set u- a second one caused the 1st one to stop pinging. I've got too many other problems to deal with, like all my websites being blacklisted from every major search engine.... Can't be dealing with this.

Would have loved to get some MNs up, but they just plain do not work. I've read and re-read every "guide" done my best to sort out the ADHD unrelated talk... I'm not doing anything wrong. They just don't work and I'm not going to bother talking about it anymore. Too many double standards I'm dealing with already. I don't need this to add to the pile.

It's got a "me detector" It works for everyone else, but not for me... Same old thing I'm always dealing with. I'm getting sick of hodl for nothing. My DRKS should be working for me, but MNs are broken.

No offense but you sound like a troll.

Could be something as simple as deleting peers.dat

Create a new thread so people can help you!

darkcoind getinfo:

1. "version" : 101612: this is the software version you use
  2. "protocolversion" : 70046: this is the version of the protocol for communication
As long as protocolversion stays the same you only need to restart your hot Masternode when you install a new version.
If it changes you have to start the Masternode via the cold wallet with 'darkcoind masternode start "<your_passphrase>" ' .

Awesome, this is what I needed to know. Thanks!

No offense but you sound like a troll.

Could be something as simple as deleting peers.dat

Create a new thread so people can help you!
I've done the delete peers.dat... I've done everything. They just cut comms and disappear from the network. I've been fighting it for 72 hours and it just plain doesn't work.

Go ahead and call me a troll... That's what everyone does when they hear something they don't like. No one can help because I've done it all already. They just plain will not stick to the network. Period.

Clearly, there is something very important missing from the "guides." MNs just don't stay on the network.

That could explain what's going on actually... Scenario for them to appear twice+ could be something like this (just an example):
1. You started all you have at the moment by start-many
2. Then you added few at the end of masternode.conf or some of started masternodes failed so you have to restart them
3. You issued start-many again (?) but this time few vins are already locked by previous start-many so for the first IP+masternodeprivekey wallet will choose another vin and fire dsee message to the network.
4. Because you have correct masternodeprivkey on your remote masternode it will not spawn "ghost" masternode (so it's not the result of a bug I suggested before - that would be the issue if someone else was trying to use your IP providing his own masternodeprivkey) but instead it will override vin on remote masternode starting to send dseep with new signature
5. As you MNs now sending new signatures with dseep old ones will surely fall out of list

What to do now:
1. I would wait ~2 hours until none of them are displaying twice (not everyone is updated so "masternode drift" bug still could have some effect and maybe you'll have to wait more)
2. Then find out which one of them left on the list and clean them out from masternode.conf (temporarily, backup original file somewhere)
3. Issue start-many with new masternode.conf containing only stopped MNs

If I get scenario and "to do" right you should have full list of running MNs at the end

Damn, I was writing too long....
And I totally forgot you are not using start-many.... :( Sorry no idea so far then :(
Have to thing on this more...

Anyway I guess the scenario I wrote could be real so I'll keep it here just in case anyone will hit it

I am using start-many. Or I was... I've given up, for now... Too much wasted time, no docs... That which works for everyone else, does not work for me, etc...

I did try starting them all at once a while ago. They all just fell off the network, no pings... Startup, never communicate again. Doing a few here and there is just a thing I started today...

I wouldn't imagine it would be any worse than the 1s and 10s. Do you have any statistics on how often the 500s have been used? They seem to be rare as is causing the lag in waiting for DS to complete. From that standpoint, the pool of suitable peers round after round would be slim and easier to narrow to addresses involved, would it not?

I am using start-many. Or I was... I've given up, for now... Too much wasted time, no docs... That which works for everyone else, does not work for me, etc...

I did try starting them all at once a while ago. They all just fell off the network, no pings... Startup, never communicate again. Doing a few here and there is just a thing I started today...
I repeat: start-many is alpha and does not work at the moment - it will select any 1000DRK vin it finds in your wallet, get a line from the masternode.conf and send out a dsee-message to the network. The selection is random and will mess up your setup on the next start-many command.

You may even end up with multiple vins associated with one IP, which is not supported by the masternode --> entries drop off the network.

Because of the above there is no official doc and i discourage usage of this feature at the moment. It does more harm and frustration than good...

The selection is random and will mess up your setup on the next start-many command.

And with the clue that it can only be issued once and you better be ready, all nodes are active and pinging inside of 10 minutes. No more drops.

People who actually know because they wrote it == as close to docs as we can get right now... Of course, no sense documenting something that is intended to have major changes made to it by the time it is officially supported...

And with the clue that it can only be issued once and you better be ready, all nodes are active and pinging inside of 10 minutes.
Actually this is the only use case of start-many in its current version i can think of: Initial startup of many nodes. Never ever use the command twice on already running nodes.

I fu**** up my own setup that way and had a wonderful time, sorting what vin went to what IP - and ended up doing it from scratch with new IPs.

There is a cause why its not officially supported yet: Its utterly not ready for production!

Back