• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.16 - Onyx v2

eduffield, you might need v.14 next because oblox and I don't like the denominate amount 500 (seems very traceable) and you might have to increase the pair number to 4 or more....

Last edited by a moderator:
eduffield, you might need v.14 next because oblox and I don't like the denominate amount 500 (seems very traceable) and you might have to increase the pair number to 4 or more....
Yeah, hard to really say being that we did the test on testnet where two parties are involved, but the 500 seems rare as is and even from an initial denominating standpoint, breaking the 500 into five 100s makes sense. Nothing says 500 can't be added back in the future but right now, it would fix the speed and the narrowing of parties to reduce the 500 into the 100s. As for the increasing pairs to 4 or more--I wouldn't worry about that right now, especially with the usage as is. When more people are denominating, it would be worth looking into again at that time.

will this be a protocol version update (meaning restart MN from cold wallet) or not ?
Doesn't look like any change in protocol. I won't be able to update until after work in a few hours but from what I am seeing on github, no bump.

Yeah, hard to really say being that we did the test on testnet where two parties are involved, but the 500 seems rare as is and even from an initial denominating standpoint, breaking the 500 into five 100s makes sense. Nothing says 500 can't be added back in the future but right now, it would fix the speed and the narrowing of parties to reduce the 500 into the 100s. As for the increasing pairs to 4 or more--I wouldn't worry about that right now, especially with the usage as is. When more people are denominating, it would be worth looking into again at that time.
Good point, i agree.

v0.10.16.15 is available!

- Fixed dsee timestamp drift (thx UdjinM6)
- 90%+ reduction in collateral charges, should happen every 20+ mixes.
- Changed ping time to 5m (would have to have 14 bad propagation events to fall off the list)

https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin

* In the process of compiling it

My friends sort and uniq still think there are 2 duplicates with v0.10.16.15, in this case Masternode 108.61.172.141 exists 2x.

Maybe a simple check of the existing Masternodes before adding a new one would be a good idea.

Back