• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.15.x Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. I'm turning into a tDrk mining maniac. Why haven't I mined any tDrk yet? I WANT MOAR TDRK! GRRRAAAAAH!

So am I setting up a normal masternode with a testnet wallet & chucking testnet=1 in the darkcoin.conf file? Port 9999 or 9998?

So am I setting up a normal masternode with a testnet wallet & chucking testnet=1 in the darkcoin.conf file? Port 9999 or 9998?

RPC port can be anything. Your firewall needs to be open to 19999 though.

Normal masternode except that you can run with a hot wallet without fear.

i.e from remote terminal

darkcoind getaccount address 0 (send 1000 tDrk to that address)
etc etc

i.e from remote terminal

darkcoind getaccount address 0 (send 1000 tDrk to that address)
etc etc
Easy tiger, you guys are on another level.

I stop my wallet in windows, rename the wallet.dat, let it create a new wallet, send 1000 DRK to that wallet and FTP it into my VPS then change permissions...

All my Masternodes are hot wallets, I just use a long password...

I don't have a static IP and I wanna use AWS for remote for setting up MNs. Is it OK to set IP at "Anywhere" (0.0.0.0 or somehting like this) instead of "My IP"? Can this be used to steal the coins in my local wallet? Or as long as the local wallet encrypted, I shouldn't worry about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

I stop my wallet in windows, rename the wallet.dat, put testnet=1 in the conf file, let it create a new wallet, send t1000 DRK to that wallet and FTP it into my VPS then change permissions...

Added missing step in case of unaware.

I stop my wallet in windows, rename the wallet.dat, let it create a new wallet, send 1000 DRK to that wallet and FTP it into my VPS then change permissions...

Sorry mate. I might be on another level but that level is probably below most people. I'm half informed, loaded, safety off and ready to fire off bad advice.

I don't have a static IP and I wanna use AWS for remote for setting up MNs. Is it OK to set IP at "Anywhere" (0.0.0.0 or somehting like this) instead of "My IP"? Can this be used to steal the coins in my local wallet?
No, that's fine, it just means your VPS can theoretically be accessed by someone else. Your local wallet is safe.

If you know the IP range(s) your ISP hands out, you can put those in to at least limit access to your own ISP's users... but for testnet I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I don't have a static IP and I wanna use AWS for remote for setting up MNs. Is it OK to set IP at "Anywhere" (0.0.0.0 or somehting like this) instead of "My IP"? Can this be used to steal the coins in my local wallet? Or as long as the local wallet encrypted, I shouldn't worry about it.
Are we still talking about testnet? You don't need to fear theft of testnet coins - i run every testnet node as hot :D

Are we still talking about testnet? You don't need to fear theft of testnet coins - i run every testnet node as hot :D

nope. I am not worried about test coins ;) I was asking that about mainnet MNs setup.

edit: Right now I am setting up testnet MNs to learn and once I feel comfortable will switch to mainnet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back