• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.15 - Onyx Release

This has nothing to do with confirmations. The protocol version was changed. Older daemons are not able to receive the current masternode list.
Some people (with the update) already have their MNs showing up on those sites. At this point like flare said, give it 24 hours. Also this is a new protocol and it takes a lot of confirmations, not 6 anymore. We went over this on testnet. Evan needs to confirm this.

I think required confirmations = masternode count, so currently about 350. Setting up another MN today, so I'll find out I suppose.

Got trouble running the Github version of Edans p2pool.

Heres the output http://pastebin.com/DJhfmqT5

(it doesnt find any valid peers..)

I tried the fresh version directly from github (https://github.com/darkcoin/p2pool-drk).
Also i tried to patch my old running client on my own (also increased the version number).

Always the same output.

I downgraded to 'old' running p2pool again, works fine

Any idears how to solve the issue?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello community,

I am a long time DRK bag holder first time posting on thread(I do read for updates often). It seems as if I have made an error updating my DRK client last night. I have made numerous client updates without a problem and at least 2 client updates where I was stuck on wrong chain but I was able to resolve any past updating issues. I downloaded new wallet and it wouldn't sync(I usually create new folder on desktop for new wallet folder and wallet.dat file when I back my wallet up). So I found the appdata folder and deleted it. I did not make a copy of my wallet.dat file because I had a copy in my DRK folder this is on my desktop. I downloaded latest client and it did sync but my DRK are nowhere to be found. I then restored original appdata folder and I've tried numerous combinations opening client with my old wallet.dat file. I made various copies of this wallet.dat file and put them in the appdate folder as well. Not sure if I completely fucked up by not copying wallet.dat file in appdata folder(because I had a copy in another folder on desktop already). Could the wallet.dat file I had on desktop get overwritten by new client download that goes to appdata folder? Any ideas? I'd really appreciate any sort of help or input, Thank you...

Was it a bad idea to upgrade to ONYX fast? If these data is correct, RC5 is paying 1.3 DRK/day which is pretty damn high :)

r0Fz0m5.png

Hello community,

I am a long time DRK bag holder first time posting on thread(I do read for updates often). It seems as if I have made an error updating my DRK client last night. I have made numerous client updates without a problem and at least 2 client updates where I was stuck on wrong chain but I was able to resolve any past updating issues. I downloaded new wallet and it wouldn't sync(I usually create new folder on desktop for new wallet folder and wallet.dat file when I back my wallet up). So I found the appdata folder and deleted it. I did not make a copy of my wallet.dat file because I had a copy in my DRK folder this is on my desktop. I downloaded latest client and it did sync but my DRK are nowhere to be found. I then restored original appdata folder and I've tried numerous combinations opening client with my old wallet.dat file. I made various copies of this wallet.dat file and put them in the appdate folder as well. Not sure if I completely fucked up by not copying wallet.dat file in appdata folder(because I had a copy in another folder on desktop already). Could the wallet.dat file I had on desktop get overwritten by new client download that goes to appdata folder? Any ideas? I'd really appreciate any sort of help or input, Thank you...

Why you did those crazy things with wallet.dat?
Well if you dont have an wallet.dat which is working anymore your drk seems to be gone.

The best thing is you have a valid backup of your wallet.dat on a usb drive or something like that, so you are able to recover easylie..

Hello community,

After successfully syncing new client, there's a new (EMPTY) wallet.dat in APPDATA folder. You only need replace this new wallet.dat by copying the old wallet.dat you saved in that Desktop folder. Hope this helps.

After successfully syncing new client, there's a new (EMPTY) wallet.dat in APPDATA folder. You only need replace this new wallet.dat by copying the old wallet.dat you saved in that Desktop folder. Hope this helps.
That is what I have been doing. My old wallet.dat file must have been overwritten, IDK. I have an even older wallet.dat file on a USB drive. I've tested both older wallet.dat files in new empty appdata folder and I still get same result. I'm sure it's user error, but I do update wallets for various coins often without to much of an issue. I appreciate the response.

That is what I have been doing. My old wallet.dat file must have been overwritten, IDK. I have an even older wallet.dat file on a USB drive. I've tested both older wallet.dat files in new empty appdata folder and I still get same result. I'm sure it's user error, but I do update wallets for various coins often without to much of an issue. I appreciate the response.
Sorry, that's all I could suggest... good luck

The miner(XhBLSR1HhoaWrdGgrjCHxJkCWWiFFhveHs) that recently only paid his own masternode, has it now even easier... He just has not to pay any node and earns the full block reward nice... How is this even possible are we going backwards :/

Vyr8m2q.png

The miner(XhBLSR1HhoaWrdGgrjCHxJkCWWiFFhveHs) that recently only paid his own masternode, has it now even easier... He just has not to pay any node and earns the full block reward nice... How is this even possible are we going backwards :/

Vyr8m2q.png
Sure, because:
Immediately: Enforcement will be turned off, allowing for pools to update their software without risk of orphaned blocks

I'm seeing a few IPs duplicated regularly and consecutively in the master node list since I updated. Is this expected behaviour?

For example ( and I know they aren't all active)

Code:
"89.248.164.64:9999" : 1,
"89.248.171.41:9999" : 0,
"94.102.63.10:9999" : 0,

I cant say the same. I got 7inmlist because the MN not updated should have been paid by pool updated soooo I'm happy :)

One of my masternodes hasn't been paid for 6 days now. wtf?

And now it suddenly dropped from drk.mn list. Only after I re-started the masternode it showed up but as a brand new masternode (7 minutes active life). So all these 6 days of non-payment was for nothing?

F9PuyAs.png

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my masternodes hasn't been paid for 6 days now. wtf?

And now it suddenly dropped from drk.mn list. Only after I re-started the masternode it showed up but as a brand new masternode. So all these 6 days of non-payment was for nothing?

F9PuyAs.png

I don't check chaeplins site (too slow), but my Masternodes switch to status 0 all the time.
It's that annoying that I had to reduce the time-out for an automatic restart of the Masternodes from 60 minute to 10 minutes to have them (most of the time) running.

I already reported that to JIRA: http://jira.darkcoin.qa/browse/DRK-104

Back