• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.13.x RC5 Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
evan82@klaus:~$ darkcoind getinfo
{
"version" : 101310,
"protocolversion" : 70038,
"walletversion" : 60001,
"testnet" : true,
"keypoololdest" : 1409778965,
"keypoolsize" : 1001,
"paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
"mininput" : 0.00001000,
"errors" : "Warning: Displayed transactions may not be correct! You may need to upgrade, or other nodes may need to upgrade."
}

Any thought's as to what would be causing this?

just found out how to run multiple darkcoin clients on one PC for Windows users:

- make seperate folders for both darkcoin-qt.exe and the datafolders
- place shortcuts from each seperate darkcoin-qt.exe to yr desktop
- in each shortcut add following in the target field: -datadir=yrspecificdatadirectoryfolder -listen=0

voila... you can now run multiple darkcoin clients on one PC .. increasing the chance of finding pairs for all testers.

For non-windows users who want to try this see if you can do something with these parameters (-datadir & listen=0)

i have been running 2 darkcoin clients all night without problems, denominations coming in regarly.

just found out how to run multiple darkcoin clients on one PC for Windows users:

- make seperate folders for both darkcoin-qt.exe and the datafolders
- place shortcuts from each seperate darkcoin-qt.exe to yr desktop
- in each shortcut add following in the target field: -datadir=yrspecificdatadirectoryfolder -listen=0

voila... you can now run multiple darkcoin clients on one PC .. increasing the chance of finding pairs for all testers.

For non-windows users who want to try this see if you can do something with these parameters (-datadir & listen=0)

i have been running 2 darkcoin clients all night without problems, denominations coming in regarly.
Do you mind putting this in the documentation wiki? --> http://wiki.darkcoin.qa/display/DRK/Darkcoin+Administrator+Guide

The sybil attack issues will be fixed, but the snooping attack will be fixed later, it's a bit more involved than it seems. However, for snooping to work you would need to control all masternodes that a specific input went through(8 rounds = 8 separate masternodes). So it's not a very feasible attack anyway.

Thank you ! This cleared the picture for me .
It looks like this hard to solve issue "sybil attack" is not that hard for you :).
Its pretty difficult to find the information about the advantages of Darksend. Every user here should make some effort to spread the word !

LOL I was waiting for the image to load.

I would prefer a text label with counting dots:

"Doing stuff ."
"Doing stuff .."
"Doing stuff ..."
"Doing stuff ...."
"Doing stuff ....."
"Doing stuff ."
"Doing stuff .."
"Doing stuff ..."
LOL !!! I believe there's a hidden message from Evan in every dot! :)

Thank you ! This cleared the picture for me .
It looks like this hard to solve issue "sybil attack" is not that hard for you :).
Its pretty difficult to find the information about the advantages of Darksend. Every user here should make some effort to spread the word !
I think eduffield should write a new paper about the fixed darksend implementation, the old one is very outdated.

Guys i really want to help in development, i have >10 years experience but not in C (C is fine with me, but i never had a working IDE setup) if anyone can help me in setting up an IDE and how to compile and test on Ubuntu i will be able to do some stuff on darkcoin :)

I go away for a week, come back, and read 25 pages about the damn progress bar... :tongue:

Using a one dimensional graphic to represent a multidimensional process is always going to be a kludge. And most folk don't understand what a vector is, much less a tensor or anything higher-dimensional...

Proposed 'solution' - use two progress bars! :eek: One representing the progress of that particular round, the other the total progress. Plenty of examples in other software of this, shouldn't be too confusing. Or put more detailed information in the mousover text.

Personally I'd be happy (and I think most users would be too) with a spinning smiley face telling me that everything is absolutely tickety-boo!, and some text with '234 of 456 DRK anonymised!' or something. Anyone who wants more has coin control to gawp at.

Anyway, great news and progress generally, look forward to hopping back onto testnet later today!

with a spinning smiley face
office.gif

Solved with option "disablesafemode"

I have this error
"errors" : "Warning: Displayed transactions may not be correct! You may need to upgrade, or other nodes may need to upgrade."

and this

darktest@sv1:~> darkcoind masternode list
error: {"code":-2,"message":"Safe mode: Warning: Displayed transactions may not be correct! You may need to upgrade, or other nodes may need to upgrade."}

Last edited by a moderator:
Windows wallet v.10 has a strange error:

upload_2014-9-16_10-3-6.png

getinfo
{
"balance" : 1000.00000000,
"anonymized_balance" : 0.00000000,
"blocks" : 32440,
"timeoffset" : 7,
"connections" : 11,
"proxy" : "",
"difficulty" : 0.01029224,
"keypoololdest" : 1410852157,
"keypoolsize" : 1000,
"unlocked_until" : 0,
}

I would think he is testing the rejecting of certain wallets but it doesn't make sense why the 13.10 client is throwing that error. I'm not choosing to not pay blocks. This wallet does run some of my testnet tools though so now that its offline so its the p2pool node and the faucet.

Problem is I can't get that wallet to do anything. Doesn't matter if its a new wallet.dat file, old or new version of the wallet, it's just stuck like that with that error can't send or receive coins.

Awesome.

Not sure what you will do with the status bar jira tickets http://jira.darkcoin.qa/browse/DRK-87 and http://jira.darkcoin.qa/browse/DRK-82 but it sure would be nice if those little nuisances were ironed out. But, please do leave the status bar in!

Also, I still noticed the typos on the last message area of the overview screen. It still says "Wll Retry" instead of "Will Retry".

Otherwise it's been working flawlessly for me! Nice work.

I would think he is testing the rejecting of certain wallets but it doesn't make sense why the 13.10 client is throwing that error. I'm not choosing to not pay blocks. This wallet does run some of my testnet tools though so now that its offline so its the p2pool node and the faucet.

Problem is I can't get that wallet to do anything. Doesn't matter if its a new wallet.dat file, old or new version of the wallet, it's just stuck like that with that error can't send or receive coins.

I have found a option '-disablesafemode'.

I have relaunched a node with the option.

Windows wallet v.10 has a strange error:

View attachment 461

getinfo
{
"balance" : 1000.00000000,
"anonymized_balance" : 0.00000000,
"blocks" : 32440,
"timeoffset" : 7,
"connections" : 11,
"proxy" : "",
"difficulty" : 0.01029224,
"keypoololdest" : 1410852157,
"keypoolsize" : 1000,
"unlocked_until" : 0,
}

Can I get someone to zip up their whole .darkcoin directory for testnet and send it to me? This could be something with enforcement. Send to [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back