• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.13.x RC5 Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm testing 20.000 wallet (amount 19000 / 8 rounds) .. its all going very smoothly so far. This might be the update at which all works as planned.

one small note : one of the darksend status messages mention ''Darksend request incomplete: no matching denominations found for mixing. Wll retry...'' instead of ''Will retry...''

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone know the meaning of the new values displayed in the completion status bar mouseover? Example:

"Inputs have an average of 3.48148 of 4 rounds (87.037/0.385554)"

p.s. the completion bar shows 33% with the above mentioned numbers.

i'm testing 20.000 wallet (amount 19000 / 8 rounds) .. its all going very smoothly so far. This might be the update at which all works as planned.

one small note : one of the darksend status messages mention ''Darksend request incomplete: no matching denominations found for mixing. Wll retry...'' instead of ''Will retry...''

Fixed thanks

3.48148 / 4 = 87%
thanks. any idea on the 0.38554?
also status bar shows 33% not 87%. 33% looks closer to the truth

Oh wait: 87.037 * 0.38554 = 33%

why?

edit: appears the overall status takes the coins having >0 rounds of darksend and compensates for coins still in the n/a status. In my case, 38.554% of my coins have 1 round of darksend or greater. Those coins have completed average 87% of 4 rounds. So my overall completion is 87% * 38.554% = 33%

Got it!

Reactions: AjM
I'd guess stratum+tcp://54.91.95.14:3333
Since evan is too lazy to make dns records:

stratum+tcp://test.mpos.masternode.io:3333
http://test.mpos.masternode.io/

evan82@klaus:~$ dig test.mpos.masternode.io
;; ANSWER SECTION:
test.mpos.masternode.io. 299 IN A 54.91.95.14

Also don't forget to register and account and add a worker that was the part that was getting me. I was treating this like a p2pool.

Seems like maybe he just bumped the pool I'm not getting a response from it's IP any more but the dns records will (should) still be valid.

thanks. any idea on the 0.38554?
also status bar shows 33% not 87%. 33% looks closer to the truth

Oh wait: 87.037 * 0.38554 = 33%

why?

edit: appears the overall status takes the coins having >0 rounds of darksend and compensates for coins still in the n/a status. In my case, 38.554% of my coins have 1 round of darksend or greater. Those coins have completed average 87% of 4 rounds. So my overall completion is 87% * 38.554% = 33%

Got it!
Ok, good to know.

Having some time to kill, I tried to think of a way to explain the completion status bar calculation to newbies. This is what I came up with, I hope it is accurate and understandable:
upload_2014-9-12_21-15-38.png

FYI, I've started a series of wiki pages for darksend on the qa site (http://wiki.darkcoin.qa/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=1015857), not sure if this will become part of the production site or not but really hoping we can get the prod wiki going!!!

FYI, I've started a series of wiki pages for darksend on the qa site (http://wiki.darkcoin.qa/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=1015857), not sure if this will become part of the production site or not but really hoping we can get the prod wiki going!!!
Thanks for your effort, much appreciated. The wiki will be the official (technical) documentation of Darkcoin. If someone wants to join in and contribute: the registration is open ;-)

Anyone testing large amounts right now? I'm testing 5000 tdrk, 8 rounds.
I've been trying since last night on three nodes to do 15,000/8 rounds. 2 mac nodes one windows node. No luck as of 13.7 wallet. Just restarted them all with 13.8 wallet.

Evan Duffield,
Thanks for implementing the Start/Stop button.

Quick comment I wanted to make: In the case of anonymization process being active, and user closing the wallet, there should be a pop-up, something along the lines of: "Client is still anonimizing. Exiting the client will stop anonimization. Please note that anonymized coins will remain anonymized. Are you sure you want to exit? [OK] [Cancel]"

(I typed this very quickly and I'm not a native English speaker, so exact message should be optimized)

Please note that pop-up would not show if Anonimization is not active.

Using the analogy of a virus scanner: Same would happen if you'd attempt to exit virus scanning application while scan is still active.

Why is this pop-up necessary?:
1) To teach user that stopping the process will not affect coins that were already anonimized
2) To teach the user that closing the client will not continue the anonimization process (some users may think that it happens on the blockchain or something).
3) To inform the user that anonimization is not finished yet.
4) Closing the client changes the state of an important process in the wallet. Important state changes as a result of an action that does not specifically change the state (state change is simply the side effect of the action) should always be confirmed by the user. This is standard behavior in UI/UX.

I can't test RC5 myself, so you might already have implemented this. If not, please consider this.

Thanks,
Diirk (coinzcoinzcoinz on Bitcointalk)

Hi, I'm trying to anonymize 16,000 with 8 rounds and my wallet is struggling to get past 2,600. Can we get a couple more people to test large amounts?

Thanks,

Tao

Having some time to kill, I tried to think of a way to explain the completion status bar calculation to newbies. This is what I came up with, I hope it is accurate and understandable:
View attachment 448

Pretty close:

Code:
void OverviewPage::updateDarksendProgress(){
    int64 balance = pwalletMain->GetBalance();
    if(balance == 0){
        ui->darksendProgress->setValue(0);
        QString s("No inputs detected");
        ui->darksendProgress->setToolTip(s);       
        return;
    }

std::ostringstream convert;
    //Get average rounds of inputs
    double a = ((double)pwalletMain->GetAverageAnonymizedRounds() / (double)nDarksendRounds)*100;
    //Get the anon threshold
    double max = nAnonymizeDarkcoinAmount;
    //If it's more than the wallet amount, limit to that.
    if(max > (double)(pwalletMain->GetBalance()/COIN)-1) max = (double)(pwalletMain->GetBalance()/COIN)-1;
    //denominated balance / anon threshold -- the percentage that we've completed
    double b = ((double)(pwalletMain->GetDenominatedBalance()/COIN) / max);

double val = a*b;
    if(val < 0) val = 0;
    if(val > 100) val = 100;

ui->darksendProgress->setValue(val);//rounds avg * denom progress
    convert << "Inputs have an average of " << pwalletMain->GetAverageAnonymizedRounds() << " of " << nDarksendRounds << " rounds (" << a << "/" << b << ")";
    QString s(convert.str().c_str());
    ui->darksendProgress->setToolTip(s);
}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back