• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.12.x RC4 Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK I got a fresh windows wallet. Got some tDRK from the faucet, HAVE NOT spent any coins and this is what I see on my wallet:

upload_2014-8-5_20-58-30.png

Is this normal?
Edit: now my wallet just got another Denominate and a Collateral payment.

Last edited by a moderator:
To avoid seeing -0,001, -0,01 etc numerous times, can the DS+ costs (if autodenomin') be wrapped in one single amount ?
To avoid many password prompts, can it be enter one time and stays valid for the 'predetermined-number' of rounds ?
No. I mean sure it could be - but it would be a lie, and people would complain about that too, and that is frankly worse because it is a lie.

On a transactional level, it is not possible. Sure, I have a workaround in my head that involves an upfront payment and master nodes issuing a private key or token of sorts which would mean only the first transaction in the series pays, the rest just provide the token. But that would require fundamental changes to the protocol, additional complications (aka more chances for things to go wrong) for the gain of not having a handful of transactions with .001 fees on them.

May I suggest that there be added in the GUI a visible notification of what the wallet is currently doing? Especially if funds are being denominated and you shouldn't close/disconnect your wallet. People are going to be very confused as it is, we need to make it clear what the wallet is doing at all times, in an easy to understand way.

Thank you thelonecrouton, I'll probably try it the easiest way, just upload new darkcoind, first. I'm lazy ;P If it works, great, if not... eh, back to work, LOL

Yes this needs to be made very very simple. Most people are still confused just from using normal BTC and DRK addresses. If the wallet needs to stay open, then it needs to pop up a window saying do not close until... if they try to close it. I like the idea of a little notification telling you whats happening at any given time. The easier this all is for the non-tech minded person, the easier it will be for them to adopt and use.

Need EASY mode and ADVANCED mode. EASY mode doesn't need to show much or whats happening. Just telling you to leave the wallet open. No talk about inputs or whats happening to the coins. Thats just confusing for the average person. Easy mode should just be like a normal wallet with an option for Darksend+. Advanced mode can show all the technical stuff that we understand.

OK I got a fresh windows wallet. Got some tDRK from the faucet, HAVE NOT spent any coins and this is what I see on my wallet:

View attachment 296

Is this normal?
Edit: now my wallet just got another Denominate and a Collateral payment.

Denominate fees are normal and they should be 0.001 DRK per round. This is so someone can't DOS the network or bloat up the blockchain for free by purposely causing a large number of pointless denomination transactions.

As for the collateral fee, so long as you didn't close the client or have your internet dropout during the denomination then the collateral fee should NOT be there. This bug has proven to be very troublesome. Hopefully Evan will get to the bottom of the issue soon.

Denominate fees are normal and they should be 0.001 DRK per round. This is so someone can't DOS the network or bloat up the blockchain for free by purposely causing a large number of pointless denomination transactions.

As for the collateral fee, so long as you didn't close the client or have your internet dropout during the denomination then the collateral fee should NOT be there. This bug has proven to be very troublesome. Hopefully Evan will get to the bottom of the issue soon.
Hi,
I have not closed the client and my internet hasn't been interrupted. The wallet is still getting more Denominate fees, and so far it has gotten 8 Collateral payments.

It took about 3.5 hours for my wallet to finish denominating 8000 tDRK. And here's what it looks like:

upload_2014-8-5_23-54-30.png

Same here, No collateral issues. (The last one collateral payment is version 10.12.12)
snapshot14.png

Edit:
oops, collateral appears:
snapshot16.png

You're right, this is all going to confuse the hell out of the attention-span-of-a-goldfish masses, maybe it could be made more obvious what's going on and why.

And if whole balances are getting re-anonanised regularly, maybe the fees need to be though about some more?

I'm starting to think that the way DS+ works is so fundamentally different to 'traditional' coins that the whole approach to the wallet needs a rethink.
This will have to be part of the new wallet design I guess. Are they going to be able to implement the new GUI with RC4? I mean, is that the plan?

Hi flare,
My errors said there was not sufficient funds but I had plenty of tDRK. Sorry I didn't take any pictures. Then I tried again by sending 300 tDRK to someone and the coins went through but my wallet kept getting denominated and it had one Collateral payment. Right now I am trying to start a fresh wallet and will do the testing again. Will keep you updated. Thanks.
When you DarkSend, you should choose the denominated amounts to use, so it doesn't mess up the whole balance. If this could be automated, that would be excellent. This has got to be made as easy to use as possible. I'm thinking maybe the user could put an amount from his balance that he would like denominated. So he doesn't have to pay for all of it to be denominated when he thinks he doesn't need it to be (and pay all the costs involved).

Try this: Create a new address. Send yourself most of your Drks to that new address within your wallet. Choose "no preference". Then wait for it to denominate. I think the client gets stuck.

When you DarkSend, you should choose the denominated amounts to use, so it doesn't mess up the whole balance. If this could be automated, that would be excellent. This has got to be made as easy to use as possible. I'm thinking maybe the user could put an amount from his balance that he would like denominated. So he doesn't have to pay for all of it to be denominated when he thinks he doesn't need it to be (and pay all the costs involved).
Hi Tante,
I got these 8000 tDRK from the faucet. I'm not sure how the faucet was set up to send the coins. I didn't do anything with my wallet, all I did was install the newest version of the windows wallet for testnet and then I got 8000 tdrk from the faucet, then watched the wallet get denominate and collateral fees...

Hi Tante,
I got these 8000 tDRK from the faucet. I'm not sure how the faucet was set up to send the coins. I didn't do anything with my wallet, all I did was install the newest version of the windows wallet for testnet and then I got 8000 tdrk from the faucet, then watched the wallet get denominate and collateral fees...
As I said, the denominate fee is normal (and it will happen on mainnet) and the collateral fee is a bug needing to be fixed.

Anybody want to play ping pong?

mkAaVbpFBHSEkmLrRLmsXhJR9kh63onQ9t

list your address so I can send back -

I am not sure if he still needs it, but you might want to send your log file to Evan.
Good idea. I saved the log if he needs to see it. Thank you.
Also, I'm wondering... After downloading the wallet, I ran it without the darkcoin.conf with "testnet=1" in the folder, I then stopped the wallet and added the conf file. Now i'm seeing another folder for that first run in the Darkcoin folder.. Not sure if this caused some conflicts. I'm going to clean the wallet again and try again.

Want to report :

After Update to V10.12.14 i did no longer receive MN payments ( over 6-7 h) . Node was listed with flag = 1 and all was green - https://test.drk.mn/masternodes.html
All i was able to see was fine after updated masternode darkcoind and hot darkcoin-qt that holds the 1k tDRK
I tryed to stop masternode from darkcoin-qt and started it again. It dissapers after "masternode stop" and comes up again after "masternode start"
After one more hour no MN payment.
After that i deleted the whole blockchain on hot and cold wallet, started masternode again and finally MN payments are back again.

I am sure on mainnet there are similar things going on. There are some nodes which do not receive payments more than 5 days or longer.
The last one mine was not payed for such a long timeframe ( and i didn'touch it wsince last payment ) i switched to another IP and within 24h i got payments again.

is it the reason that cause the denomination slow processing?
This time i run the darkcoin-qt with -darksendrounds=8 and the log shows many fails when join to the darksend entry. So many requests happens in this time? (or contrary, not enough?)

Code:
grep "entries is full" debug.log
2014-08-06 01:29:06 DarkSendStatusUpdate - state: 2 entriesCount: 0 accepted: 0 error: entries is full
2014-08-06 01:29:15 DarkSendStatusUpdate - state: 2 entriesCount: 0 accepted: 0 error: entries is full
2014-08-06 01:34:50 DarkSendStatusUpdate - state: 2 entriesCount: 0 accepted: 0 error: entries is full
2014-08-06 01:34:53 DarkSendStatusUpdate - state: 2 entriesCount: 0 accepted: 0 error: entries is full
2014-08-06 01:35:54 DarkSendStatusUpdate - state: 2 entriesCount: 0 accepted: 0 error: entries is full
2014-08-06 01:45:00 DarkSendStatusUpdate - state: 2 entriesCount: 0 accepted: 0 error: entries is full
2014-08-06 02:39:34 DarkSendStatusUpdate - state: 2 entriesCount: 0 accepted: 0 error: entries is full
2014-08-06 02:54:50 DarkSendStatusUpdate - state: 2 entriesCount: 0 accepted: 0 error: entries is full
2014-08-06 03:01:09 DarkSendStatusUpdate - state: 2 entriesCount: 0 accepted: 0 error: entries is full
2014-08-06 03:02:44 DarkSendStatusUpdate - state: 2 entriesCount: 0 accepted: 0 error: entries is full
2014-08-06 03:14:58 DarkSendStatusUpdate - state: 2 entriesCount: 0 accepted: 0 error: entries is full
2014-08-06 03:17:01 DarkSendStatusUpdate - state: 2 entriesCount: 0 accepted: 0 error: entries is full
2014-08-06 03:31:16 DarkSendStatusUpdate - state: 2 entriesCount: 0 accepted: 0 error: entries is full
2014-08-06 03:52:53 DarkSendStatusUpdate - state: 2 entriesCount: 0 accepted: 0 error: entries is full
2014-08-06 03:53:14 DarkSendStatusUpdate - state: 2 entriesCount: 0 accepted: 0 error: entries is full
2014-08-06 03:59:38 DarkSendStatusUpdate - state: 2 entriesCount: 0 accepted: 0 error: entries is full
2014-08-06 04:16:48 DarkSendStatusUpdate - state: 2 entriesCount: 0 accepted: 0 error: entries is full
2014-08-06 04:27:51 DarkSendStatusUpdate - state: 2 entriesCount: 0 accepted: 0 error: entries is full
2014-08-06 04:30:32 DarkSendStatusUpdate - state: 2 entriesCount: 0 accepted: 0 error: entries is full
2014-08-06 04:33:48 DarkSendStatusUpdate - state: 2 entriesCount: 0 accepted: 0 error: entries is full
2014-08-06 04:37:46 DarkSendStatusUpdate - state: 2 entriesCount: 0 accepted: 0 error: entries is full
2014-08-06 04:59:55 DarkSendStatusUpdate - state: 2 entriesCount: 0 accepted: 0 error: entries is full
2014-08-06 05:00:23 DarkSendStatusUpdate - state: 2 entriesCount: 0 accepted: 0 error: entries is full
2014-08-06 05:18:41 DarkSendStatusUpdate - state: 2 entriesCount: 0 accepted: 0 error: entries is full
2014-08-06 05:27:42 DarkSendStatusUpdate - state: 2 entriesCount: 0 accepted: 0 error: entries is full
2014-08-06 05:40:08 DarkSendStatusUpdate - state: 2 entriesCount: 0 accepted: 0 error: entries is full
2014-08-06 05:51:36 DarkSendStatusUpdate - state: 2 entriesCount: 0 accepted: 0 error: entries is full
2014-08-06 05:52:29 DarkSendStatusUpdate - state: 2 entriesCount: 0 accepted: 0 error: entries is full
2014-08-06 05:56:47 DarkSendStatusUpdate - state: 2 entriesCount: 0 accepted: 0 error: entries is full

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back