• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

v0.10.12.x RC4 Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, keep it testnet related only please!

Mr.Collateral playing the blues again, right after updating...

uYosEHi.png

In my opinon, do not give these speculators that only wait on a announcement a chance for short term profits on a pump & pump.
If it is technical possible to announce a update without a warning with all wallets available - do it.
All really in DRK interested people will update within 24hours and all will be fine.
We know darksend is working, so let us find the real price of DRK and release RC4 like a bomb - without a speculating pump like - is it working or not, let us pump and dump ???

How the market behaves should be of nobody's concern. If there is a pump then so be it -- if there is not then who cares.

My point is that this release is just like a hardfork for masternodes (whether they recieve payment is dependent on them updating) and it is really bad form to launch something like that without warning. By your logic then we shouldn't have bothered announcing the past hardforks either becuase "all of the people that really care will all update quickly anyway". (Btw, I am aware that multiple forks (caused by people not updated for a hardfork) on the network can be dangerous, but that is besides the point.)

Another issue: Always after updating my masternode to the new version and i type "masternode start" i get: not a capable masternode.
How's that possible? After each upgrade I need to resend 1000 DRK to accountaddress 0.
If this happens on main net, I'll be screwed.

Another issue: Always after updating my masternode to the new version and i type "masternode start" i get: not a capable masternode.
How's that possible? After each upgrade I need to resend 1000 DRK to accountaddress 0.
Possibly, you need to wait for your daemon to catch up to correct block height.

Never had this issue - updating masternodes since 0.10.12.0

- darkcoind masternode stop
- darkcoind stop
- rm darkcoind ; wget darkcoind ; chmod u+x darkcoind
- darkcoind ; sleep 30
- darkcoind masternode start

Can we get back on topic? This is the RC4 testing thread, not the speculation thread.

Sorry for derailing. I didn't think that was off topic (as my points had nothing to do with speculation but how to handle things when the latest test version goes live) but I will apologize anyway.

Carry on. :smile:

This said, I do not feel comfortable with only testing Linux builds of the masternode/darksend client on testnet. I believe we should finalize testing with windows and mac clients as well before releasing to mainnet.

flare : Are there any plans to provide windows/mac builds for use on testnet? I assume they will all be available at the same time for mainnet use anyways?
I agree :)

Evan provided me with the tarball of the 0.10.12.8 source some days ago, and i successfully compiled it for windows and Mac OSX as well. I will ask Evan for the latest source today and then i will provide the full sets of builds ;-)

I agree :)

Evan provided me with the tarball of the 0.10.12.8 source some days ago, and i successfully compiled it for windows and Mac OSX as well. I will ask Evan for the latest source today and then i will provide the full sets of builds ;-)

Looking forward to the windows version. Haven't found the time to get linux set up, but I have been itching to see autoDenom in action. :grin:

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't like monotonic sine waves? Will have a look :D

well, the transactions are not intensive yet, maybe that's why I didn't find the sound pleasant. As the transaction intensifies, we might get a pleasant meditation song :) Suggestion about the visual effect: Can we show every transaction with a water ripple instead of a bar? As if a raindrop fall on a pool of water. When transactions intensifies, we would have not only a nice music but also a pleasant view of "a lake on a rainy/stormy day" )) Something like a digital version of this video:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back