• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Use cases for PrivacyProtect (ex-DarkSend)

tungfa

If we're talking about your average guy who only cares about his immediate needs, something like this could work. Dash could partner up with and/or provide for the privacy needs of these sort of people. Guess we could tackle this angle as well.

Ashley_Madison_logo.jpg

Quick someone write an article about how if they had paid thier fees for Ashley Madison in Dash, they would have never gotten divorced!

xD

tungfa

If we're talking about your average guy who only cares about his immediate needs, something like this could work. Dash could partner up with social networking sites like Ashley Madison with and/or provide for the privacy needs of these sort of people. Guess we could tackle this angle as well.

Ashley_Madison_logo.jpg

Uhhhhh
i am not sure if we wanna go that way honestly !
Use Dash = Have a 'save' affair ?
lol

Uhhhhh
lol

Yeah, sure is funny but this is a huge market. Social dating is growing like crazy these days, like it or not, it's a mega billion dollar industry.

Ashley Madison got hacked and lots of people were exposed, their lives ruined and so on, including lots of politicians who were screwing around. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashley_Madison_data_breach

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever we come up with, we have to do away with the "oppressive regimes" point (unless you are including the USA ;-) ). If we hammer it in, it would make it seem that if if you don't live under a "oppressive regime" you don't need privacy.

Yeah, sure is funny but this is a huge market. Social dating is growing like crazy these days, like it or not, it's a mega billion dollar industry.

Ashley Madison got hacked and lots of people were exposed, their lives ruined and so on, including lots of politicians who were screwing around. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashley_Madison_data_breach

I wasn't joking when I said someone should write an article about it lol, it would be a huge hit!

Proteus ? :p

Uhhhhh
lol

Yeah i think the same. If they added Dash, fair enough...but we shouldn't go chasing a site like that. I could be wrong, but I read ex-employee's saying a large percentage of the female users are bots.

f2000
It's just a use case for Dash. This was a very famous site where lots of people were spending lots of money. Details of how their operation ran are unimportant. Dating sites are becoming more and more popular, including ones targeting married couples. A multi billion dollar industry like I've said.

This is just an example of a potential use case when it comes to scenarios where you have the average Joe who's not politically or ideologically motivated but would prefer privacy even if she/he is in the "I have nothing to hide" camp.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was certainly big news when it got hacked, so yeah in that sense it's a use case for PrivacyX/Darksend. I just don't personally like that one.
Edit, I just checked the general forum...looks like I'm spamming the place

f2000
It's just a use case for Dash. This was a very famous site where lots of people were spending lots of money. Details of how their operation ran are unimportant. Dating sites are becoming more and more popular, including ones targeting married couples. A multi billion dollar industry like I've said.

This is just an example of a potential use case when it comes to scenarios where you have the average Joe who's not politically or ideologically motivated but would prefer privacy even if she/he is in the "I have nothing to hide" camp.

That's like saying the drug market is a huge opportunity and it doesn't matter if drugs are right or wrong. Associating Dash with cheating websites won't do much to improve our reputation, either.

Buy sex toys, gamble, hide your balance from criminals, support activism or political parties, pay for medical services (abortion, urologist, gynecologist, psychiatrist, etc), domestic violence victims...

That's like saying the drug market is a huge opportunity and it doesn't matter if drugs are right or wrong. Associating Dash with cheating websites won't do much to improve our reputation, either.

It's called a marketing ploy.

Noone ever said we should call up AshleyMadison.com and legit ask them to use Dash. But everyone knows what we are saying when we say they shoulda ditched Visa for Dash and this wouldn't have been a problem.

Nothing more.

Buy sex toys, gamble, hide your balance from criminals, support activism or political parties, pay for medical services (abortion, urologist, gynecologist, psychiatrist, etc), domestic violence victims...
Exactly. That's the idea here. Giving people a tool to use to protect their reputation and provide security. All these are excellent use cases.

Back