• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

URL Shortners

Which shortner would you trust?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scriptiee

Sup guys? Here is a question, I'm one of the admins on the #darkcoin irc channel of 'freenode', if you haven't yet I urge you to come over and join us there.

Due to length of some URLs it is quite hard to include a lot of information in the topic there and the one that is there can be easily missed. So my question is: Which shortner would you trust? bit.ly? gog.gl? Or a custom one made just for that purpose?

EDIT: if you have other suggestions to the ones mentioned fire away, if you feel this is a trivial issue feel free to scold me for it.

If we go that route I suggest using a .dk (Denmark) domain... too bad there is no top level rk... a d.rk would have been awesome :)

What are you thinking here? drk.dk? url.dk? (those are actually unavailable since 1998 and 1997 respectively .... :( )

short.dk? (pretty sure it will be taken too :( )

was thinking of drk.io maybe drkurl.io (these aren't that cheap but I could organise it i'd say. and would work nicely with darkcoin.io)
drkurl.pw? drk.pw? (no idea what the pw stands for in these)
.org? .net?

As well could maybe make it public if there is enough interest. Open to suggestions lads.

What are you thinking here? drk.dk? url.dk? (those are actually unavailable since 1998 and 1997 respectively .... :( )

short.dk? (pretty sure it will be taken too :( )

was thinking of drk.io maybe drkurl.io (these aren't that cheap but I could organise it i'd say. and would work nicely with darkcoin.io)
drkurl.pw? drk.pw? (no idea what the pw stands for in these)
.org? .net?

As well could maybe make it public if there is enough interest. Open to suggestions lads.
I had no specific ideas and I had not realized that Denmark has a huge internet penetration and any short domain is gona be registered

I think drk.io would be great if you can organize that... I won't ask :)

drk.io is actually taken as well :/ contacted the owner see if he is willing to sell it. Might deploy it on drkurl.pw for testing and see how the rest pans out.

I can create an A record for a very short subdomain or if you tell me which shortener backend you are using, I could set up one.

Back