• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Universal Dividend and Web of Trust for Dashcoin

Do you like a Universal Dividend and a Web of Trust to be incorporated in Dashcoin?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No they were not monkeys. They were amorph logical beings. The first ones, and all the rest spiritual or material logical beings, are the result of their existence.

wait! .. @demo, are you by any chance an indigo child, now young adult ?

wait! .. @demo, are you by any chance an indigo child, now young adult ?

I dont know. Nobody officialy ever called me an indigo child . Actually I dont know very well what indigo theory claims, but it seems to me that it is pseudoscience.

Last edited:
I dont know. Nobody officialy ever called me an indigo child . Actually I dont know very well what indigo theory claims, but it seems to me that it is pseudoscience.

There is absolutely no science behind it, because science has not evolved sufficiently to prove or deny it. That doesn't mean they don't exist. Sort of like a space-time asymmetry. Or a bananaless banana milk shake.

I think it's very probable you're an indigo child.

Last edited:
We are far away from the original subject of this thread.
It is ok for us to continue talking about everything into this thread, but at the same time we have to be rated as irrelevants.

So that people who are interested in universal dividend and WoT, to be able to filter this discussion, and read only the relevant messages.

So please add an "irrelevant" rating for posts.

Last edited:
Do you like a Universal Dividend and a Web of Trust to be incorporated in Dashcoin?
  1. yes for both 1 vote(s) 2.6%
  2. yes for Universal Dividend 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  3. yes for Wev of Trust 1 vote(s) 2.6%
  4. no 34 vote(s) 89.5%
  5. other 1 vote(s) 2.6%
  6. *Lets vote with numbers 1 vote(s) 2.6%

I would ask those 34 persons who voted an absolut "no" here, to change their vote to the option "Lets vote with numbers". And then let them vote 0% of the budget in that case. If you do this, and we extract the average of the votes, the universal divident will not exceed the 3%=(100*1+1*10+34*0)/36 of the total dash budget. Which is not a great number for you to give, in order to respect future dash users and newcomers.

So please dont vote no, dont be absolutist, and give a small chance to the universal dividend.

Thank you.

I vote 100% no.

universal divident will need to register wallet address to tie with your "proof of existence", even then some troll will register their sibling, their auntie and their pet. a faucet implemented into wallet still makes more sense, and it actually could boost Dash adoption.

1. yes for both 1 vote(s) 2.6%
  2. yes for Universal Dividend 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  3. yes for Wev of Trust 1 vote(s) 2.6%
  4. no 34 vote(s) 89.5%
  5. other 1 vote(s) 2.6%
  6. *Lets vote with numbers 1 vote(s) 2.6%

I would ask those 34 persons who voted an absolut "no" here, to change their vote to the option "Lets vote with numbers". And then let them vote 0% of the budget in that case. If you do this, and we extract the average of the votes, the universal divident will not exceed the 3%=(100*1+1*10+34*0)/36 of the total dash budget. Which is not a great number for you to give, in order to respect future dash users and newcomers.

So please dont vote no, dont be absolutist, and give a small chance to the universal dividend.

Thank you.

What is this "respect" you keep referring to? The way an economy works, in order to gain something of value, you have to produce something of value. Nobody is entitled to a dividend for simply existing. The only thing future DASH users will not be able to do to the same extent that early adopters can, is that the amount of risk for buying/mining and holding DASH as a speculative investment will not be as high, even though it will still be pretty darn high like it is for Bitcoin or any other crypto. Do you think it is unfair to people who invest in Apple for the first time today, just because there were earlier investors who happened to get in on the ground floor and made a riskier investment and had a higher ROI? I never had the opportunity to invest in Apple's stock when it was under a dollar -- and if I was around, maybe I would have invested, maybe I wouldn't have -- what does it matter? At the end of the day, the fact is, other people made something great and I didn't have a hand in it, so why should Apple give me money? All I can do is use Apple's goods and services, or choose to invest in it now if I want. This isn't disrespectful, it is simply the reality of how the economy works.

Last edited:
What is this "respect" you keep referring to? The way an economy works, in order to gain something of value, you have to produce something of value. Nobody is entitled to a dividend for simply existing. The only thing future DASH users will not be able to do to the same extent that early adopters can, is that the amount of risk for buying/mining and holding DASH as a speculative investment will not be as high, even though it will still be pretty darn high like it is for Bitcoin or any other crypto. Do you think it is unfair to people who invest in Apple for the first time today, just because there were earlier investors who happened to get in on the ground floor and made a riskier investment and had a higher ROI? I never had the opportunity to invest in Apple's stock when it was under a dollar -- and if I was around, maybe I would have invested, maybe I wouldn't have -- what does it matter? At the end of the day, the fact is, other people made something great and I didn't have a hand in it, so why should Apple give me money? All I can do is use Apple's goods and services, or choose to invest in it now if I want. This isn't disrespectful, it is simply the reality of how the economy works.

You compare dash with Apple company, as if dash has done something really innovative and usefull for people's everyday life. The truth is that dash has not done something innovative, neither has done something that can be used in people's real life and facilitate people's life.

No, money is not something usefull or innovative. Money is only based in the trust of the people, the only usefull property of money (that applies in real life and facilitates it) is trust. If you create money and you do not invest in trust (in the trust of today and especially in the trust of the future) then your money is a failure. Of course there is also another way for a money to be succesfull, and this is to be imposed using violence, but this alternative is out of discussion. So trust is your only road.

I am waiting patiently. You have two roads in front of you, either you will decide to invest in the trust of the future generations and that way live as a money object in the future, or you will perish like most of the other cryptocoins of today.

Last edited:
I vote 100% no.

universal divident will need to register wallet address to tie with your "proof of existence", even then some troll will register their sibling, their auntie and their pet. a faucet implemented into wallet still makes more sense, and it actually could boost Dash adoption.

I assume you want to add a faucet in the budget of dash. But a faucet is not respectful, because it is not a fair way to distribute money, because it gives advantage to computer geeks. How much does it costs, as a percentage of your budget, your faucet?

On the other hand, a universal dividend is respectful. The persons which will prove their individuality, all of them together, they will hardly earn 3% of the total dash budget, if you decide to vote with numbers and taking into account the spirit of your community.

Is this 3% of your dash budget a big deal for you to worry?
Doesnt worth to invest 3% of your budget in order for dash coin to be respected in the future?

Last edited:
I assume you want to add a faucet in the budget of dash. But a faucet is not respectful, because it is not a fair way to distribute money, because it gives advantage to computer geeks.

Geee... riiiighhttt... opening wallet and clicking faucet button is mooooar geeky than opening wallet and registering your proof of existence... YAYYYY....

You compare dash with Apple company, as if dash has done something really innovative and usefull for people's everyday life. The truth is that dash has not done something innovative, neither has done something that can be used in people's real life and facilitate people's life.

No, money is not something usefull or innovative. Money is only based in the trust of the people, the only usefull property of money (that applies in real life and facilitates it) is trust. If you create money and you do not invest in trust (in the trust of today and especially in the trust of the future) then your money is a failure. Of course there is also another way for a money to be succesfull, and this is to be imposed using violence, but this alternative is out of discussion. So trust is your only road.

I am waiting patiently. You have two roads in front of you, either you will decide to invest in the trust of the future generations and that way live as a money object in the future, or you will perish like most of the other cryptocoins of today.

Let's vote with numbers. I think I should get 100% of the budget. If this vote goes 99 to 1 against, then that means it is reasonable for me to receive 1% of the budget? That's absurd.

I was comparing Dash to Apple before Apple changed the world.

The reason people can trust money is because you can trade it for something of value. If you don't have to produce something of value in order to get it, it undermines the whole concept. So yes, let's invest in trust, which means getting more people to accept Dash in exchange for goods and services. It doesn't mean universal dividend.

Last edited:
Let's vote with numbers. I think I should get 100% of the budget. If this vote goes 99 to 1 against, then that means it is reasonable for me to receive 1% of the budget? That's absurd.

I was comparing Dash to Apple before Apple changed the world.

The reason people can trust money is because you can trade it for something of value. If you don't have to produce something of value in order to get it, it undermines the whole concept. So yes, let's invest in trust, which means getting more people to accept Dash in exchange for goods and services. It doesn't mean universal dividend.

In order for people to accept Dash in exchange for goods and services, they have to trust dash first. Trust comes first, then everything else (including exchange goods and services using dash) follows.

If you dont respect newcomers and future users, newcomers and future users will not trust you. The majority of people of today think that cryptocurrencies are a scam, and they are somehow right. Because what the cryptocurrency proponents are doing today, is that they are stealing money from the future generations, and this is written in the protocol of their cryptocurrency. And stealing from the future is a scam. Stealing money from future generations is a major flaw of cryptocurrencies, inherited by bitcoin itself.

Last edited:
Geee... riiiighhttt... opening wallet and clicking faucet button is mooooar geeky than opening wallet and registering your proof of existence... YAYYYY....

A faucet is not only more geeky, it is also unfair, because one person can have many wallets, and the more geeky that person is, the more wallets can have. Thats why if you want to distribute dash in a fair way, an anonymous or state issued proof of individuality is necessary.

Last edited:
In order for people to accept Dash in exchange for goods and services, they have to trust dash first. Trust comes first, then everything else (including exchange goods and services using dash) follows.

If you dont respect newcomers and future users, newcomers and future users will not trust you. The majority of people of today think that cryptocurrencies are a scam, and they are somehow right. Because what the cryptocurrency proponents are doing today, is that they are stealing money from the future generations, and this is written in the protocol of their cryptocurrency. And stealing from the future is a scam. Stealing money from future generations is a major flaw of cryptocurrencies, inherited by bitcoin itself.

Why do you think that newcomers are not being respected? You claim there is a theft involved, but where is there someone who is taking something that belongs to someone else? In order to have something stolen from you, it needs to belong to you.

Why do you think that newcomers are not being respected? You claim there is a theft involved, but where is there someone who is taking something that belongs to someone else? In order to have something stolen from you, it needs to belong to you.

Your argument is half right, and half wrong.

If dash does not belong to the future generations, then you are right, you are not stealing dash from them.

But If dash belongs to the future generations, then you are stealing dash from them, because your protocol allows you to mine almost all dash today, and you do not preserve some dash to be mined for the future. It is like earth, or like oxygen or like water. It does not belong to you, if you spoil all oxygen and all water and all earth today, and as long as future generations need them to survive, this is a theft.

You may consider that dash does not belong to future generations, in order to justify that mining almost all dash today is not a theft from the future. But if this is your position, and you think that dash does not belong to the future generations, then dash has no future.

Your argument is half right, and half wrong.

If dash does not belong to the future generations, then you are right, you are not stealing dash from them.

But If dash belongs to the future generations, then you are stealing dash from them, because your protocol allows you to mine almost all dash today, and you do not preserve some dash to be mined for the future. It is like earth, or like oxygen or like water. It does not belong to you, if you spoil all oxygen and all water and all earth today, and as long as future generations need them to survive, this is a theft.

You may consider that dash does not belong to future generations, in order to justify that mining almost all dash today is not a theft from the future. But if this is your position, and you think that dash does not belong to the future generations, then dash has no future.

Dash belongs to whoever buys it, or trades for it, or mines it. If you mine it then you are performing a service of securing the network. If you buy it then the money you bought it with is money that you earned by contributing to the economy. If you trade goods or services for it then you are producing something of value. Future generations or individuals who have not yet participated in this economy, are welcome to use it or not use it as they see fit, but no one is entitled to receive money for doing nothing. If Dash offers people something they want, then people will use it.

The only point I think you have in your favor is that people are more likely to use Dash and get involved if they actually have DASH. This is why I like to encourage giving away free tips and whatnot, but imo this should be left up to individuals.

A faucet is not only more geeky, it is also unfair, because one person can have many wallets, and the more geeky that person is, the more wallets can have. Thats why if you want to distribute dash in a fair way, an anonymous or state issued proof of individuality is necessary.

ya rihgtt bro... ppl cant get dozen of proof of individuality if they can make money out of it anyway riihht??? i do have to tell u, u are wery wery smarht. i adore you truly form my heard...

Dash belongs to whoever buys it, or trades for it, or mines it. If you mine it then you are performing a service of securing the network. If you buy it then the money you bought it with is money that you earned by contributing to the economy. If you trade goods or services for it then you are producing something of value. Future generations or individuals who have not yet participated in this economy, are welcome to use it or not use it as they see fit, but no one is entitled to receive money for doing nothing.

When mining cryptocoins, you do nothing positive for normal people. Mining has only a negative effect, you are adding polution to earth because of the heat of the computer.Mining means you are solving a useless mathematical quiz, and also you are not doing it by yourself so it is not your personal work or effort. It is the computer which mines, and not you. Mining is tottaly geeky. You are not considered to be worthy of respect when mining, it is just like bulding the babel tower, it is a useless act. If this is what you believe, that no one is entitled to receive money for doing nothing (positive), then the same applies to miners also.

Mining (and miners) is yet another flaw inherited by bitcoin. It is yet another failure in bitcoin's initial design. Future cryptocoins , they will use bitcoin's blockchain, they will use a mathematical form in order to become scarce (as it has been introduced in bitcoin), but they will not rely on the difficulty of mining, neither they will depend on miners. The digital coins of the future they will be produced instantly although being scarce, they will be distributed to their first proponents, and then a universal dividend and a basic income written in the protocol will distribute those coins among generations.

Last edited:
ya rihgtt bro... ppl cant get dozen of proof of individuality if they can make money out of it anyway riihht??? i do have to tell u, u are wery wery smarht. i adore you truly form my heard...

No.
People cannot get a dozen of fake proofs of individuality when those credentials are issued by states like US or EU. It is almost impossible to fake them, because on these credentials much more imporant things depend, and those states ensure that the digital credentials are reliable.

Also, people cannot get a dozen of fake proofs of individuality when a cryptoparty assembly takes place and people put their credentials in a physical ballot box. If it is considered almost impossible to fake a state's digital credential, in the case of cryptoparty assembly it is 100% impossible to fake the credentials.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back