Time to lower PrivateSend fee, pretty please -- it's up to ~$6 USD!

solarguy

Mar 15, 2017
Another crummy attempt to derail the discussion by personalizing what should be an abstract, neutral, arms-length, and fact-based discourse.

Why do you so strenuously resist answering the simple question "Where is the evidence for the claim that Core is working flat out on Evolution?"
I will give you a specific, respectful, neutral, arms-length fact-based answer. I predict you will ignore it, or trash talk about it, or insult me and/or the community, and/or move the goal posts and/or not respond to my specific points. It seems obvious that you are not really interested in a productive discussion. But let's test that theory.

1. To maintain our competitive edge, it would mortally stupid to work on our paradigm breaking software in public where our competitors could just copy/paste our work into their projects. Do you agree or disagree with that specific statement?

2. Historically, once we get a feature fully tested and functional, it becomes open source. This is how all robust trustless cryptocurrencies must work. If you can't see the code, you absolutely cannot trust the code. Why would Evolution be any different? You will see it then, just like the rest of the world. Do you agree or disagree with that specific statement?

3. Our devs are more accessible and transparent than the devs for any of the top 10 tokens out there. If you disagree, name a better one.

4. What other dev team does quarterly conference calls and responds to questions from the community, and then publishes the results where the whole world can see it?

5. I know and interact with a number of these people. I have seen evidence that I found convincing. Thus, I am a first hand witness. My testimony would be admissible in a court of law. You know, like evidence evidence. I'm not going to reveal a bunch of trade secrets and damage the Dash ecosystem because that would be foolish. See number 1.

GrandMasterDash

Grizzled Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Jul 12, 2015
@Dash News Network As predicted, you dismiss any counter argument and then proceed to waste your sorry life writing at length how terrible dash is. Why is that? What made you so hateful and useless in life that your only satisfaction is to be in a community you hate?

More so, you're so fucking clueless, you don't even know HD wallets exist for dash. For example, coinomi and trezor both have HD dash wallets.

You then go on to talk about "competitive edge" like you're the fucking expert. Fact, dash is number 5. Oh yeah, dismiss that also you fucking retard.

Oh no, sorry, I must be nice and polite to you, else I'm not making an effort to respond with factual discussion. That's right, I might simply be adding toxicity to your endless dribble.

I can only think of two possible scenarios; you're either paid to troll, or you're jacking off to anyone that feeds your hate. Either way, don't get too comfortable with your "anonymity".

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address
XnpT2YQaYpyh7F9twM6EtDMn1TCDCEEgNX
...consensus/security critical FinTech software needs as many eyes on it as soon as possible for as long as possible, not the low-priority afterthought approach Dash takes (which puts Dash uses at unnecessary risk).
You should say:
...consensus/security critical FinTech software needs as many FREE eyes on it as soon as possible for as long as possible, not the low-priority afterthought approach Dash takes (which puts Dash uses at unnecessary risk).
Because the eyes of the salary_slaves/developers do not worth, and do not even count as eyes.... The slaves are usually blinded, either by accident/fate or on purpose.

And also, what a gabbling over here!!!! Stop talking! Only @UdjinM6 said something. Everyone of us, we should try to talk the way @UdjinM6 does.

Last edited:

solarguy

Mar 15, 2017
OK Mr. Dash News Network, trolling it is.

But I find it amusing that you believe that we need or want Segwit.

Are you actually invested in Dash? If you are, I would recommend that you sell you holdings since you have such a low opinion of the Dash Core Team. Wouldn't your time be more productively spent helping some other token that you have more faith in? I'm sure it's just a fluke that we have become the #5 crypto in the world.

Just let us muddle along until Dash is worthless because our Dev Team is so bad. I don't know why you bother with us.

Last edited:

GrandMasterDash

Grizzled Member
Jul 12, 2015
Turns out, two years ago he predicted that monero would overtake bitcoin by 2017. Seems he's a bit sore about that.

redstar0

Dec 3, 2017
It's $8 on coinbase per $100 of BTC. $6 to buy, $2 to send. Ridiculous fees! The payback overtime is really high. But when the market settles, these fees are just too high.

solarguy

Mar 15, 2017
It's $8 on coinbase per $100 of BTC. $6 to buy, $2 to send. Ridiculous fees! The payback overtime is really high. But when the market settles, these fees are just too high.
The fees are going down in a couple days when 12.2.1 is turned on. Down by 10x.

Reactions: CryptoEdge

GrandMasterDash

Grizzled Member
Jul 12, 2015
I'm sure it's just a fluke that IOTA has knocked Dash out of the top 5 crypto in the world.

Want to bet Bitcoin mainnet will have instant Lightning transactions before Evolution has a public testnet?

Is 1 Dash too much for you to wager on Evolution's public testnet shipping before Lightning on Bitcoin mainnet?
Let me help you along, here is the IOTA forum:
https://forum.iota.org/latest

While you're there, ask them about snapshots and centralization.

Better still, sell your monero for IOTA.

But it's okay, I understand you feel such a loser. Two years ago you predicted monero would beat bitcoin. Am just wondering where you think you went wrong?

camosoul

Grizzled Member
Sep 19, 2014
fixed by replacing the mixing mechanism of PrivateSend with a cryptographic solution like Zerocoin or zk-SNARKs. PIVX have managed to implement Zerocoin with a lot less resources than Dash. Dash core should be looking to remedy this before it becomes a bigger problem in the future.
Each has pros and cons.

While I agree with your criticisms of DarkSend, it fails to consider the shortfall of the cryptographic "solution." Since blockchains are meant to be perpetual, infinity becomes reality. An encrypted chain is a ticking time bomb. It is not a matter of if, but when. It will be exposed.

I'd rather contend with the failings of the steganographic approach, than the cryptographic.

I'd prefer to work on more ways to improve DarkSend, than scrap it in favor of a time bomb that we pretend isn't a time bomb...

DarkSend is certainly clumsy. But, clumsy is better than nothing at all. On a block chain, where time is nil, cryptography is nothing at all.

camosoul

Grizzled Member
Sep 19, 2014
I'm sure it's just a fluke that IOTA has knocked Dash out of the top 5 crypto in the world.

Want to bet Bitcoin mainnet will have instant Lightning transactions before Evolution has a public testnet?

Is 1 Dash too much for you to wager on Evolution's public testnet shipping before Lightning on Bitcoin mainnet?
Call him a troll if you want... He raises valid points.

DASH is waayyy behind on this.

GrandMasterDash

Grizzled Member
Jul 12, 2015
You freely choose to bring up Dash's (now former) position as "#5 crypto in the world" as a dishonest way to falsely imply DashCore is competent and actually working on Evolution.

So it's fair game to point out that your preening about market cap rank didn't age very well. You have to accept the judgement of the market when it cuts both ways, not just the upside.

You don't get to brag about being in the Top 5 then cry troll when the very next day another coin blows Dash the fuck out by $2 billion dollars.

Using your own logic, this massive demotion makes a powerful statement about what the market thinks about DashCore and the (non-existent) pace of Evolution development.

I know all about that other coin's snapshots and centralization. It's no worse than Dash's misleading Decentralization Theater, and better in the sense that at least IOTA is honest about currently being controlled by centralized servers/checkpoints (unlike Dash which is in deeeeep denial about being Evan's centralized vanity project and having a spork backdoor/masterkey/override that is the laughingstock of /r/cryptocurrency).

So are you going to bet me 1 Dash that Evolution's public testnet will ship before Lightning on Bitcoin's mainnet? I'll use escrow and donate my winnings to charity if that helps sweeten the deal. Come on, don't be a chicken. Put your money where your mouth is and show the world you really believe DashCoreGroup are better developers than Evil BlockstreamCore!
And by your logic, for how shit dash is, you shouldn't be here.

GrandMasterDash

Grizzled Member
Jul 12, 2015
You should worry less about little old me and worry more about why we see zero progress on PrivateSend improvements and Evolution. No whitepaper, no DIPs, no code. Not even a proper formal specification.

If I didn't come here, how would I ask you to bet me 1 Dash that Bitcoin's devs will get Lightning on their mainnet before Dash's devs get Evolution on a public testnet?

Stop pretending you don't see this offer to make a wager. Man up and take the bet. Prove me wrong and take my money. Unless you are too much of a chicken and know Evolution is vaporware....?
But you don't care, you was telling us how wonderful IOTA is, better than that useless dash without DIPs and so on. So yeah, I don't care about little old you. Nor do I care about your tiny and irrelevant bet.

AjM

Foundation Member
Jun 23, 2014
Finland
Guys, dont bother with poor iceytroll, icey go back to bitcointalk, hush...

GrandMasterDash

Grizzled Member
Jul 12, 2015
Can barely imagine how twisted and sad he is. But I do know he's very sore that dash stole moneor's limelight. His butt so sore after predicting monero overtaking bitcoin by 2017. Am sure he'll overlook that.

UdjinM6

Official Dash Dev
Core Developer
Dash Core Team
May 20, 2014
Guys, can you please stop feeding him and helping him to derail the thread?
Thank you.

Reactions: chaeplin

camosoul

Grizzled Member
Sep 19, 2014
bet 5 Dash ... that Bitcoin mainnet will have Lightning before Dash can even put up an Evolution testnet.
Why would I bet against my own assessment?

I agree with your assessment. DASH is waayyy behind on it's own ideas. Other coins are doing it because DASH spent years resting on "It'll be great, someday, in the distant future!" Focusing on the wrong things. Infighting and backstabbing. Scamming their own SuckerNodes. Willing to sink their own ship just to make sure nobody else was involved "If I can't have it no one can!" DASH failed to sack up and make the necessary moves. Snatched defeat from the jaws of victory 2.5 years ago. Ignored the outside world. Listened only to the yes men in the echo chamber...

Anyone who points it out is a sexist, misogynist, homophobic, transphobic, ageist, cis, white, male, patriarchal, shitlord! Mark all posts as troll/dumb! Ignore all feedback that isn't blind, mindless ass-kissing!

Fuckin' nerds...

It's not so much derailed, as the OP touched on a symptom of a larger problem. That problem now being aggravated...

Last edited:

camosoul

Grizzled Member
Sep 19, 2014
masterkey
Uhmmm... With so many legitimate criticisms available, why trot out "the ciphered solutions'" other Achile's Heel?

You know, the problem DASH doesn't have, but every ciphered block chain does.

This is the second reason the clunky-but-superior DS/PS thing was created; it's not encrypted, so there is no key at all. No masterkey. No greatkey. No centralkey. No key to rule them all and in the darkness bind them, in the land of butthurt where the shadows lie...

Yes, "lie" is double entendre. The metaphor... it's so... Precious...

camosoul

Grizzled Member
Sep 19, 2014
The manner in which Dash was Instamined, the manner in which Dash emission was subsequently slashed to exaggerate the Instamine, and the manner in which Darkcoin was rebranded without Masternode consent certainly make Dash feel centralized.
I think you're using the wrong Pepe...

camosoul

Grizzled Member
Sep 19, 2014
progress on PrivateSend improvements and Evolution.
This concerns me as well. I posted a request for an update on the 12.3 roadmap. Just a ballpark clue. Not the whole roadmap.

126 reads, not a single reply. It's been a while... I've been very patient. Return of the "Fuck the plebs, back to hookers and blow." attitude...
Evolution is vaporware....?
The Playstation 12 is currently vaporware, too. I guess Sony is doomed and Atari is destined to take over the world because it's not new...

camosoul

Grizzled Member
Sep 19, 2014
I tried to do some iotas...

I installed the Linux client. It doesn't work.

I installed the mobile wallet. It, also, don't work.

I'm sure MicroShaft will fix everything... Just like they fixed the Zune, XBox, Windows Vista, Windows Me, Windows 10, etc...

This Tangle business does sound kinda interesting. I've been saying for years that Blockchains are cumbersome and can't last forever... There's got to be a better way. But, since nothing works, not sure what to do with it...

I guess you can ponzi trade it...

wackyD

Jun 11, 2014
Sorry you lost your iota right before the coin mooned and blew Dash out of the Top 5 by a huge margin. No wonder you are so bitter and resentful about people mentioning iota and especially sensitive when its resoundingly dominant new position vs Dash is discussed.

DAG is less "uncharted" than Evolution because the former actually exists while the latter is still vaporware.

The manner in which Dash was Instamined, the manner in which Dash emission was subsequently slashed to exaggerate the Instamine, and the manner in which Darkcoin was rebranded without Masternode consent certainly make Dash feel centralized.
Hello iCEBREAKER, how are you doing?

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address
XnpT2YQaYpyh7F9twM6EtDMn1TCDCEEgNX
Last edited:

AnCapitol

Dec 1, 2017
Soooo... after reading more than one page of, well Offtopic, I would like to re-adress the question. Is PrivateSend and/Or InstandSend going to get lower fees?
I tested Instant Send from my android wallet, and it cost me about 0,5 €.
My train of thought here is whether it will discourage people to use Dash for transactions in a day-to-day basis or not?
Paying 1,50€ instead of 1,05€ is a major difference imho.

strophy

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Dash Support Group
Feb 13, 2016
Thanks for getting this discussion back on track! I have recently documented all current fees, so you can be clear where and how your InstantSend and PrivateSend transactions fees are calculated. See here: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DOC/pages/135070042/Fees

An InstantSend transaction from a single input should currently cost about 7 US cents. I can't speak to any plans for further fee reductions in the future.