• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Time to lower PrivateSend fee, pretty please -- it's up to ~$6 USD!

So if DASH goes up 10x to $7,500 private transactions will cost up to $60?

While I think the idea behind mixing is clever and cool, the short comings of how PrivateSend works overall are glaringly obvioius. Below is a list of things (there may be more) I can think of that makes PrivateSend an unviable solution for most people to use and is probably the biggest reason people actually don't use PrivateSend.

Coin mixing is inefficient on many levels

• places an unnecessary burden on users having to mix coins before being able to make private transactions
  • users incur fees to transact privately
  • users incur higher PrivateSend fees as Dash price appreciates
  • places an extra burden on masternodes to do the mixing
  • places and unnecessary burden on Dash Core as there is an ongoing decision making process and administrative overhead required to adjust the fee structure based on price fluctuations
  • relying on mixed denominations has caused problems for users previously where not enough mixed denominations were available to do a PrivateSend

People shouldn't have to pay for the priviledge of private transactions just because the system uses an inefficient mechanism to satify the need. Dash has done presentations touting that to be successful it must do things better than what the current fiat system offers - charging for the ability to transact privately is not an improvement on the existing system.

Most of these problems could be fixed by replacing the mixing mechanism of PrivateSend with a cryptographic solution like Zerocoin or zk-SNARKs. PIVX have managed to implement Zerocoin with a lot less resources than Dash. Dash core should be looking to remedy this before it becomes a bigger problem in the future.

Last edited:
And it's not available on any mobile wallet.

And when it's available in Evolution, it will still be unavailable in all other mobile wallets. Why must Private Send be a wallet specific function?

Privatesend collateral payment is also ~$0.8 (0.001 dash) now. I don't think it would much make sense to mix 0.001 denominations if the collateral payment stayed the same. And I guess lowering the collateral payment would make privatesend more vulnerable to sybil attacks...

given the budget,
@UdjinM6 is arguably one of our most knowledgeable developers, so on the hard-core tech side I would defer to his correction... however... it seems reasonable to me to expect that if the constraint is the number of denominations for performance purposes, then the value of a "10" mixer would predictably diminish as the "dollar density" of each denomination increases. Basically - shifting denominations would likely happen naturally as users shift downward and "regress toward the mean" (mathematically: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regression_toward_the_mean).

It would be valuable, and probably necessary, to account for these downward shifts in density as the market values of the denominations are pressed upward. The Dash system/platform will need to react in a number of ways like this in order to accommodate the incoming value. Otherwise, we'll be another overpriced currency too expensive to transact.

OTOH: While mixing & PS transactions may be more costly than regular transactions, I think it's safe to assume that people are willing to pay up to a certain reasonable amount for that privacy. How much? I don't know.... but it's worth accounting the "market rate" for privacy. The challenge here, though, is that most people don't value their privacy *at all* - until their identity is stolen, or some such mess. Market-pricing privacy will get easier, but right now it's nearly impossible, and I daresay almost futile, IMHO. Among urgent issues facing the Dash ecosystem - this is a rising one, but not in the top 5 issues - probably top 10.

My $0.02.

Who says people doesn't value privacy? Dash being first privacy crypto makes dash a #1 private crypto in the market.

I'd love to make private transaction if it wasn't so expensive, also make instant payment all the time if the price is even cheaper.

Offering more choices makes DASH strong. Is it not DASH motto still is private effortless transaction?

We all appreciate Core is working flat out on Evolution but please, we have people in HR so just give us the developers we need to make PS better. I'm sure the majority of MNOs would wholeheartedly welcome it.

Objection. Assumes facts not in evidence.

Show me one line of Evolution code (YOU CAN'T!). Show me one DIP >001 (YOU CAN'T!). Show me one peer-reviewed whitepaper (YOU CAN'T!).

Despite over a year of lavishly funded supposed development, we don't even have a specification for Evolution, so you have zero factual basis on which to assert Core is "working flat out" on it.

The only thing Core is *DEMONSTRABLY* working flat out on is moving Dash Core Group and Dash Foundation assets into hidden tax havens where Duffield can enjoy spending them far away from the IRS, SEC, and FBI.

Why are you here?

The only thing Core is *DEMONSTRABLY* working flat out on is moving Dash Core Group and Dash Foundation assets into hidden tax havens where Duffield can enjoy spending them far away from the IRS, SEC, and FBI.

Tax havens? - lol, how clueless you are. Crypto IS the tax haven. For you, me, Duffield, EVERYONE. Damn right that the IRS, SEC and FBI can, finally, no longer confiscate what inherently belongs to the people.

Another crummy attempt to derail the discussion by personalizing what should be an abstract, neutral, arms-length, and fact-based discourse.

Why do you so strenuously resist answering the simple question "Where is the evidence for the claim that Core is working flat out on Evolution?"

There is no "discussion" mate. You're a dickhead, through and through. Now fuck off.

Another crummy attempt to derail the discussion by personalizing what should be an abstract, neutral, arms-length, and fact-based discourse.

Why do you so strenuously resist answering the simple question "Where is the evidence for the claim that Core is working flat out on Evolution?"

I will give you a specific, respectful, neutral, arms-length fact-based answer. I predict you will ignore it, or trash talk about it, or insult me and/or the community, and/or move the goal posts and/or not respond to my specific points. It seems obvious that you are not really interested in a productive discussion. But let's test that theory.

1. To maintain our competitive edge, it would mortally stupid to work on our paradigm breaking software in public where our competitors could just copy/paste our work into their projects. Do you agree or disagree with that specific statement?

2. Historically, once we get a feature fully tested and functional, it becomes open source. This is how all robust trustless cryptocurrencies must work. If you can't see the code, you absolutely cannot trust the code. Why would Evolution be any different? You will see it then, just like the rest of the world. Do you agree or disagree with that specific statement?

3. Our devs are more accessible and transparent than the devs for any of the top 10 tokens out there. If you disagree, name a better one.

4. What other dev team does quarterly conference calls and responds to questions from the community, and then publishes the results where the whole world can see it?

5. I know and interact with a number of these people. I have seen evidence that I found convincing. Thus, I am a first hand witness. My testimony would be admissible in a court of law. You know, like evidence evidence. I'm not going to reveal a bunch of trade secrets and damage the Dash ecosystem because that would be foolish. See number 1.

@Dash News Network As predicted, you dismiss any counter argument and then proceed to waste your sorry life writing at length how terrible dash is. Why is that? What made you so hateful and useless in life that your only satisfaction is to be in a community you hate?

More so, you're so fucking clueless, you don't even know HD wallets exist for dash. For example, coinomi and trezor both have HD dash wallets.

You then go on to talk about "competitive edge" like you're the fucking expert. Fact, dash is number 5. Oh yeah, dismiss that also you fucking retard.

Oh no, sorry, I must be nice and polite to you, else I'm not making an effort to respond with factual discussion. That's right, I might simply be adding toxicity to your endless dribble.

I can only think of two possible scenarios; you're either paid to troll, or you're jacking off to anyone that feeds your hate. Either way, don't get too comfortable with your "anonymity".

...consensus/security critical FinTech software needs as many eyes on it as soon as possible for as long as possible, not the low-priority afterthought approach Dash takes (which puts Dash uses at unnecessary risk).
You should say:
...consensus/security critical FinTech software needs as many FREE eyes on it as soon as possible for as long as possible, not the low-priority afterthought approach Dash takes (which puts Dash uses at unnecessary risk).

Because the eyes of the salary_slaves/developers do not worth, and do not even count as eyes.... The slaves are usually blinded, either by accident/fate or on purpose.

And also, what a gabbling over here!!!! Stop talking! Only @UdjinM6 said something. Everyone of us, we should try to talk the way @UdjinM6 does.

Last edited:
OK Mr. Dash News Network, trolling it is.

But I find it amusing that you believe that we need or want Segwit.

Are you actually invested in Dash? If you are, I would recommend that you sell you holdings since you have such a low opinion of the Dash Core Team. Wouldn't your time be more productively spent helping some other token that you have more faith in? I'm sure it's just a fluke that we have become the #5 crypto in the world.

Just let us muddle along until Dash is worthless because our Dev Team is so bad. I don't know why you bother with us.

Last edited:
Turns out, two years ago he predicted that monero would overtake bitcoin by 2017. Seems he's a bit sore about that.

It's $8 on coinbase per $100 of BTC. $6 to buy, $2 to send. Ridiculous fees! The payback overtime is really high. But when the market settles, these fees are just too high.

I'm sure it's just a fluke that IOTA has knocked Dash out of the top 5 crypto in the world.

Want to bet Bitcoin mainnet will have instant Lightning transactions before Evolution has a public testnet?

Is 1 Dash too much for you to wager on Evolution's public testnet shipping before Lightning on Bitcoin mainnet?

Let me help you along, here is the IOTA forum:
https://forum.iota.org/latest

While you're there, ask them about snapshots and centralization.

Better still, sell your monero for IOTA.

But it's okay, I understand you feel such a loser. Two years ago you predicted monero would beat bitcoin. Am just wondering where you think you went wrong?

Back