- Mar 23, 2018
Thank you very much for taking the time to read our proposal and commenting. Now, responding to your inquiry:Amazing oportunity and proposal. Is your offline payment solution something similar to Festy?... It would be great to have that technology in an event like this.
I have a few of concerns:
You are well organized and the opportunity is there. I hope Dash community supports your proposal.
- Do you think the time is enough to the NFC app developement?
- Do the merchants have the experience using not only NFC technology, but blockchain transactions? It would be nice to include some workshops previous to the event. (although I guess you have it somewhere in you plan).
- Many attenders will know Dash by first time. To use a cryptocurrency and exchange could be a bottleneck. What is the plan to avoid this?
It is similar to Festy however much simpler. Festy is a very complete platform that controls many variables within an event, however it is not exactly open for interaction since we have been trying to reach them for over a month with no response on their part whatsoever. Therefore our plan is to develop an easier solution specifically designed for the NFC data-exchange that will ultimately be available for the Dash Community to whomever requires this technology in future events, hence its name DashTicket.
As for the other questions:
1) Since the beginning of this project we have carefully analyzed the time tables set to develop this app by researching key variables that might ease the process, many of which are open source and will be much faster to integrate. Also we have put together a great team that is ready to work 100% on this development within the first university blockchain lab established in Venezuela led by a Technology Manager that has more than 6 years of experience with SCRUM-managed projects. All things considered we believe that we can deliver our milestones on the established time.
If some extraordinary circumstances make it impossible to deliver on time than we have also considered a Plan B that involves a dedicated internet connection specially installed for the day of the event to support normal dash exchanges with the users’ mobile devices.
2) Absolutely, all the merchants that will participate in the event would have previously been involved with the merchant program of our Dash PLC community and are already using Dash in their businesses. On the other hand the merchants that are from other regions of the country will have the opportunity to learn and live the experience first hand during what we call “Road to Sunset”, which consist in a Dash Conference & Fair that will simulate the conditions we are going to have on the day of the event.
3) This is a very important matter, so first of all the initial experience they will have with Dash is to purchase the Entrance Ticket and as part of our proposal we will give a discount to those that purchase with Dash so that it might incentivise them to learn or figure out how to purchase through cryptocurrency. Second we are currently in conversations with other Dash funded initiatives such as Colibit, CriptolifeX and other exchanges, our vision is for them to manage the coin acquisition process supporting the ticket sales and also having a physical presence during the event to enable immediate access to crypto funds for the attendants and in that way channel the non-cryptos with their fiat money towards Dash and live the experience first hand.
To avoid the bottlenecks we plan to give every attendant a public key before the event preloaded with the giveaway credit (also described in our proposal). By handing this over to them with anticipation they can also transfer their own funds if they wish. It is also important to remember that there will be many meet-ups, conferences, media coverage and multimedia content available to guide the entire process.