• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Start trading on Darkbids.com

The help file for this is here: https://darkbids.com/shipping-help/. You can also find this help file under the orange "Help" button in your seller dashboard.

When in the product editor go to the shipping tab and click on the check box that says "Enable per-product shipping costs."
Shipping.png

• Insert two rows by clicking on the “insert row” button. The first row is for domestic shipping, the second for international.
  • If you are only shipping to one country do not add a second row, Darkbids will then block orders from other countries.
  • In the first row add the two letter code for your country to the “Country code” field. (US, UK, AU, etc.)
  • Add the domestic shipping cost in ”Line Cost” to the first row. This sets the rate for shipping to your country (local shipping).
  • In the second row just add a “Line Cost” for international orders. This will add that rate to all other countries not in the first line.
  • That’s it. You're done. See the example in the above picture.
"Item Cost" is generally used for handling charges. Add a cost here if you want to add handling charges per product/destination.

This method also allows you to add a different rate for every zip code, state, or country if you wish. Just add a new row and rate and add the country, state, or zip code to the appropriate box. Darkbids will automatically apply these rates based on customer location or the customer's shipping address.

This may seem a little complicated at first, but isn't really that hard. I have tried other methods that allow multiple international shippers to add rates to ship internationally and this is by far the best solution up to this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
The orange "Help" button in the dashboard looks as if it sticks out like a sore thumb on my end. Is this not the case for everyone? Is it showing a help menu to you? If not, I can add a "Help" page to the dashboard menu if vendors think it will help. If you would like for me to present help pages in a different way please let me know, I would like to make the site as easy as possible for vendors.

The orange "Help" button in the dashboard looks as if it sticks out like a sore thumb on my end. Is this not the case for everyone? Is it showing a help menu to you? If not, I can add a "Help" page to the dashboard menu if vendors think it will help. If you would like for me to present help pages in a different way please let me know, I would like to make the site as easy as possible for vendors.
when i sold my gridseeds i did try to add shipping costs, but they disapeared...(could be me not doing it correctly)

which reminds me, they are almost in his hands:
July 22, 2014 , 2:18 am

Depart USPS Sort Facility

BETHPAGE, NY 11714

when i sold my gridseeds i did try to add shipping costs, but they disapeared...(could be me not doing it correctly)

Be sure to hit the "update' or "save" button after adding shipping rates.
Hmm, try adding the asterisk (*) manually to the "country code" if this happens again, and if you have any more problems adding shipping rates please let me know.
If for some reason you still can't add them send me the rates and I will add them manually to your product.

I would really like to see some more items listed on Darkbids, so for the next couple of weeks (maybe longer) seller fees are cut in half for anyone adding items. There are never any listing fees on Darkbids, and you can add retail items as well as auctions. If you have any questions or need assistance adding items I am easy to contact; send me a pm here, use the contact page on Darkbids, or just send me an email: [email protected].

I think i will be selling some elemental copper and silver coins on darkbids soon if there is any interest.

I have a question though and i hope it's not a stupid one. how do you feel about "grey market" products on the site? I'm thinking something nice that can get you legally high. or perhaps some common ingredients that are not at all illegal on their own, such as mimosis hostilis rook bark.

I think copper and silver coins is an excellent idea and will most likely sell extremely well. You may even have a hard time keeping silver in stock ;)

I would prefer not selling anything in the "grey" area (on this site) as the Nanny State has this awful tendency of forcibly shutting down public businesses that sell legal ingredients like MHRB. I would suggest placing these products on a darknet market as Darkbids was made for a different purpose entirely.

Hey Centurion can you please comment regarding dispute resolution? I'd like to become a seller.

From your T&C: "Darkbids is not obligated to pay any seller/vendor if, in our discretion, we deem a product to be misrepresented by the seller, and Darkbids may at any time refund the purchase amount of any product to the buyer in lieu of sending the payment to the seller/vendor."

I guess as a seller this statement concerns me that all a buyer would have to say is something was not as they expected and get a refund. I'm assuming your intention is to not be so black and white on this, but would like to hear more if you can.

Hey Centurion can you please comment regarding dispute resolution? I'd like to become a seller.

From your T&C: "Darkbids is not obligated to pay any seller/vendor if, in our discretion, we deem a product to be misrepresented by the seller, and Darkbids may at any time refund the purchase amount of any product to the buyer in lieu of sending the payment to the seller/vendor."

I guess as a seller this statement concerns me that all a buyer would have to say is something was not as they expected and get a refund. I'm assuming your intention is to not be so black and white on this, but would like to hear more if you can.

This is used to protect the buyer from fraudulent listings. If someone reasonably expects to be sent a product, e.g., an iPhone and instead gets sent a photo of an iPhone I would send the payment back to the buyer. Buyer dissatisfaction with a product is another matter and any refunds would be under the discretion of the seller and his return/refund policy.

So far I have only had to invoke this term (on a different site) for someone selling counterfeit bullion while claiming it as genuine.

I would prefer not selling anything in the "grey" area (on this site) as the Nanny State has this awful tendency of forcibly shutting down public businesses that sell legal ingredients like MHRB. I would suggest placing these products on a darknet market as Darkbids was made for a different purpose entirely.

I read ya loud and clear. Thanks for running a great site : )

Hey guys, I sell ebooks (pdfs, etc.) and was wondering whether this interested people for Darkbids?

Back