• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Spreadcoin

Why is the genesis block the same as Darkcoins? I thought that wasn't possible.
What do you mean with "the same"?

Merkle root and hash is different, pszTimestamp too.

https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L3544
https://github.com/spreadcoin-project/spreadcoin/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L3288

upload_2015-1-9_12-51-52.png
upload_2015-1-9_12-52-50.png

How can the genesis block be changed to darkcoin's after it has been created when everything else is connected to it already?
The exployer still shows,
14dcedae9369344e0542270805a0cef3213f2b17f693d9b2acec76c1b7ed7fa3

How can the genesis block be changed to darkcoin's after it has been created when everything else is connected to it already?
The exployer still shows,
14dcedae9369344e0542270805a0cef3213f2b17f693d9b2acec76c1b7ed7fa3
I heard that that genesis hash isn't even used in the wallet because the correct one is somewhere else. So it didn't matter.

Yeah the darkcoin genesis hash string was unused in their wallet. Not a bug, simply dead weight.
Am wondering, if spreadcoin is a fork of Darkcoin, will El Spreado have to keep taking more upto date forks from version 11 and later in order to facilitate his proposed instant tx and/or masternodes, as its not debugged or completed yet, earlier versions would be unacceptable and also was on a litecoin fork before darkcoin core upgraded to bitcoin core or is he planning on staying with an early litecoin fork?

''Regarding DarkCoin features, good news for those who want them is that SpreadCoin is based on DarkCoin, I didn't remove DarkCoin related features from source code but disabled them. They are now outdated because they are from DarkCoin version from the time when SpreadCoin was launched. This still means that it would be easier to integrate latest version than it would be if SpreadCoin was forked from some other coin.
> They had some issues when introducing masternodes, this was probably fixed in latest versions, I didn't followed it very closely. I need to be 100% sure that any new features will be safe and won't compromise that level security that we already have. I will review their code and see if it can be integrated in SpreadCoin.
''
'! nRln3NihaE, why have you told him about darkkoin?'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Russian only consists of 1 word, but this does not sound promising on the google translate, can anyone explain better?
https://2ch.hk/cc/res/83780.html

must have lost something in the translation ;)

'ahaha this cock purchasing by Satoshi 20k at the start, and now in order to fight off the ass ryet loot.
for nyufagov: do not believe any of this nor huylu hohdu-cock virgin, which beckons from the very start of coins + 70% coin on the graphics card, while the coin positioned as CPU ONLY YOU, ONLY YOU which was reflected in the description of this Coin in the subject on the toilet which was subsequently renamed. now it Cudahy Truly DETSENTRALAYZD BUT PULSE. these two Laha try all soskamit but sosnuli to swallow, but it all a little. feed huyami these chmoshnikov and obossvayte until choke.

''Regarding DarkCoin features, good news for those who want them is that SpreadCoin is based on DarkCoin, I didn't remove DarkCoin related features from source code but disabled them. They are now outdated because they are from DarkCoin version from the time when SpreadCoin was launched. This still means that it would be easier to integrate latest version than it would be if SpreadCoin was forked from some other coin.
> They had some issues when introducing masternodes, this was probably fixed in latest versions, I didn't followed it very closely. I need to be 100% sure that any new features will be safe and won't compromise that level security that we already have. I will review their code and see if it can be integrated in SpreadCoin.
''
'! nRln3NihaE, why have you told him about darkkoin?'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Russian only consists of 1 word, but this does not sound promising on the google translate, can anyone explain better?
https://2ch.hk/cc/res/83780.html

must have lost something in the translation ;)

'ahaha this cock purchasing by Satoshi 20k at the start, and now in order to fight off the ass ryet loot.
for nyufagov: do not believe any of this nor huylu hohdu-cock virgin, which beckons from the very start of coins + 70% coin on the graphics card, while the coin positioned as CPU ONLY YOU, ONLY YOU which was reflected in the description of this Coin in the subject on the toilet which was subsequently renamed. now it Cudahy Truly DETSENTRALAYZD BUT PULSE. these two Laha try all soskamit but sosnuli to swallow, but it all a little. feed huyami these chmoshnikov and obossvayte until choke.
LOL...........
Light, help! lol

Am wondering, if spreadcoin is a fork of Darkcoin, will El Spreado have to keep taking more upto date forks from version 11 and later in order to facilitate his proposed instant tx and/or masternodes, as its not debugged or completed yet, earlier versions would be unacceptable and also was on a litecoin fork before darkcoin core upgraded to bitcoin core or is he planning on staying with an early litecoin fork?
They are still on the litecoin fork which is no longer followed by darkcoin. they would have to do a fresh fork if they want to keep up the pace with darkcoin.

I can't answer your question directed at spread devs, but their github does not really show much activity, so either they are developing in the dark or arent developing at all.

They are still on the litecoin fork which is no longer followed by darkcoin. they would have to do a fresh fork if they want to keep up the pace with darkcoin.

I can't answer your question directed at spread devs, but their github does not really show much activity, so either they are developing in the dark or arent developing at all.
Methinks they have bitten off more than they can chew. Did you notice the cyclical nature of their github updates, its happens in a monthly cycle.

Actually this is excactly what i was thinking of how to create a SPR pool: Create a private pool with registered users, who confirm to return their earnings to the pool.

To be fair, what prevents any pool from stealing your coins?

The only issues I have with spreadcoin are the Anonymous dev and the claim that it is decentralised and pool free. I do not believe that just by adding the requirement to sign a share with your private key will decentralise mining. If anything, it is on its way to being as bad as having multipools. No point mining with you 10MH/s rig with the difficulty as it is...

Spread isn't dead. Masternode testing starts tomorrow and ITX within a few weeks. :wink:

Back