• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Spreadcoin

acidburn

Hello

Does anyone know much about it? It seems like. A clone of dark to be fair. The talks about MN networks, instantX and lack of mining pools.

The spreadcoin dev seems to be a "real" developer (not usual these days) as he discovered a bug in the darkcoin source code.

Not understanding his intentions, but wish him good luck with his coin. I hope one day he likes to work for the darkcoin core ;-)

The spreadcoin dev seems to be a "real" developer (not usual these days) as he discovered a bug in the darkcoin source code.

Not understanding his intentions, but wish him good luck with his coin. I hope one day he likes to work for the darkcoin core ;-)
Don't you think this coin can take DRK's thunder? MrSpread said,
DarkCoin code is pretty complicated, sometimes for no reason (if you are interested I can point you to examples). I want to make simpler and cleaner implementation which is easier to understand and easier to done right. I will prioritize instant transactions over anonymity since they are simpler to implement and I think they are useful for more people than DarkSend.
After new year I will have hell of a lot of free time, so I hope in the second half of January we will have some code for public testing, maybe sooner.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=715435.msg9905742#msg9905742

No. He is forking an old code base. While he is working on getting his own coin to rise, we will have something new in the pipe. Stay tuned for the next major release.
This sounds like you know something we don't. I was wondering where did those big buys come from :p

Looks like more and more darkcoiners are supporting Spreadcoin in their thread. I don't mind you guys invested but I think you forgot what they are up to? Implementing masternodes and instantX! Spreadcoin will be our competition very soon and some of you got really involved in their community. Where do you think a lot of money will flow from? It won't be new investors, it will be people selling DRK to invest in SPR. How can you be a darkcoin supporter while supporting a rival coin?

I question Mr Spread's motives. Getting masternodes to this stage has been an incredible amount of work for Evan and everyone else and the updates to github are breath taking so I have to ask whats in it for him and why now?
Q1) What does Mr Anonymous have to gain from setting up instant TX and wallet masternodes?
A1) i) early mining making him a large bag holder ready to dump at the right moment
ii) employed and paid by a competing coin or government in order to take darkcoin out before it gains too much acceptance

Q2) Why is 'he' recently anonymous, the account was registered in July 2014, but he quotes bitcointalk from 2011?
A2) i) has recently trawled through the millions of pages from the early days making him a very fast reader and learner
ii) was actually there during the heady period under a different user name and has a strong reason for hiding identity

Just compiled the wallet, it has no darksend. what are the masternodes for?
They said they don't want Darksend, just InstantX, because it is easier to implement.
After Darkcoin's success it might be easier now for a clone to setup a few hundred nodes or even 1000. The price now is 0.00048 so a masternode is not very expensive. People might invest in cheaper, spreadcoin masternodes, especially when their dev is promissing InstantX. That is why I think they will be our rivals in the near future.

I honestly doubt we've got much to worry over. At the minute it's all promises which have yet to be delivered. He certainly understands his code and he seems to know what he's talking about and doing

Has Evan thought about asking him to join the dev team?

They said they don't want Darksend, just InstantX, because it is easier to implement.
After Darkcoin's success it might be easier now for a clone to setup a few hundred nodes or even 1000. The price now is 0.00048 so a masternode is not very expensive. People might invest in cheaper, spreadcoin masternodes, especially when their dev is promissing InstantX. That is why I think they will be our rivals in the near future.
Without the masternodes I think they can`t have InstantX because it uses the MN network to procede.

I honestly doubt we've got much to worry over. At the minute it's all promises which have yet to be delivered. He certainly understands his code and he seems to know what he's talking about and doing

Has Evan thought about asking him to join the dev team?
looks like you`ve invested quite much on that coin.

looks like you`ve invested quite much on that coin.
Nope, Not invested a lot... Thrown in 30 drk to see what happens. I count it has a loss but we'll just have to see. In all honestly I'm wanting them to merge together and drk take on the developer.

Nope, Not invested a lot... Thrown in 30 drk to see what happens. I count it has a loss but we'll just have to see. In all honestly I'm wanting them to merge together and drk take on the developer.
Aha so that was the scope, ok... only time will tell, but without the army of MNs their IX will not work I suppose.

Aha so that was the scope, ok... only time will tell, but without the army of MNs their IX will not work I suppose.

Won't that be quite easy to achieve when the price of the coin is so low ? Looking at the thread, are MNs due next month?

Won't that be quite easy to achieve when the price of the coin is so low ? Looking at the thread, are MNs due next month?
Yes. Some of these guys have 50-100k spreadcoins so they can set it up. And buying a node is cheap at the moment. So I guess they can reach 1000 very quickly.

Back