• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Slack Tipbot And Community Engagement

Seems that Dash chat is for sale - asking price 750 Dash... lol, approx. USD 8,900

A new public Dash slack can be started for free - and administered properly - be more popular than the previous effort. I suspect someone with initiative, maturity and responsibility will step up and do that.

hehe, I wouldn't expect any funding will be returned...

Seems that Dash chat is for sale - asking price 750 Dash... lol, approx. USD 8,900

A new public Dash slack can be started for free - and administered properly - be more popular than the previous effort. I suspect someone with initiative, maturity and responsibility will step up and do that.

Buster just raised the price to 1,000! lol.

God knows what price it will be 2mw!

One more "surprise" from "Dash Public Slack team"

(Quote from Dash Public Slack):
solarminer [11:53 PM]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This slack has grown into something bigger than Dash. The three owners, buster, solarminer and inthewoods have decided to convert it to an altcoin slack. We have offered to give control to the Dash core team but they didn't have interest. We would be open to selling for 750 Dash if one or more owners desire to keep this as a Dash only slack. Otherwise, we will proceed on converting the slack to include the most innovative coins with instant and anonymous features. We understand this might be a big change, but we feel it is the best option to keep up with new technology.

Maidsafe, Zcoin, and Zcash will be the first coins we add. The bot will remain up and we will attempt to add other cryptos to it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like a scam:

1. Have taken money from the Dash network on promotion of the community project,
2. Have used Dash community members for it's promotion, and ...
3. Then hijack grown project from the community.

@Solarminer Are you going to pay compensation to Dash network?

The DashChat public slack was created by community members and was run by volunteers for several months. We received two budget payouts that were used to pay moderators, provide promotions, etc. Read the last update here:
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/report-dash-slack-budget-month-two.10864/

The same moderators and owners paid for the Dash School video series that Amanda produced. The key is that the budget paid people and activities that increased membership and users for Dash. How many people had a question answered from a moderator on the slack? How many people enjoyed having the media feed in the slack? How many people enjoyed the Dashbot? These were all items that improved awareness and contributed to growing Dash.

It is inconceivable that you can even call this a scam. The funds went to promotion for Dash exactly what was put as a goal for the proposal.

If the slack is no longer funded, there is no expectation for it to continue. We first asked if the core team was interested in purchasing the slack (no minimum price was provided). Now that look alike websites like dashchat.org have been registered, it appears that they are not interested and would rather will create their own.

We are choosing to add other promising cryptos to give us the opportunity for advertising and a long term funding model. If you can't understand how the real world works, that isn't my problem. No funds will be returned.

Yea, I don't think this was a scam as such, rather a project that is now taking a different direction. As for returning the funding? hehe, that's water under the bridge. I say good luck to the fellas in their future endeavors.

Anyone is welcome to create a new slack. And it is true the plan is free, but the time to set it up, do integrations, come up with ideas to bring in members, find moderators you can trust and all that is a big task. 800 members is actually one of the larger crypto slacks. So I would say we were pretty successful in making it all work.

I was actually thinking the core team would just say they wanted to take it over and maybe change a few moderators. Actually, that still could happen if they act within the next couple days.

I would call it a scam if you take 2 payments from the network (450 dash), then when you dont get the next payment, throw your toys out of the pram and try to sell it for 1000 dash profit.

Especially when its a free slack channel that didn't cost anyone a cent.

Sorry, thats nothing but poor taste and points toward a greedy scam to me. You used the networks money to grow the slack channel, then when you had enough you try and sell it for even more money? If we dont pay you will transform it into a generic slack.....classy!

I wrote most of this up last night and finished it up today before the bottom fell out of slack. It summed up my feeling at the time so i'll go ahead and post it....

It's sad to see this proposal fail but maybe it's for the best right now. maybe it can be reborn and reorganized with a few changes in the mod department and a adjustment in the funding.

I've just recently gone all in on slack and really love it, minus all the anti-dash drama of course. Most of mods have been very helpful with tech questions and other questions. Initially I had some issues with itw who personally attacked me and censored me for simply asking a question about the dashbot, but besides that it's been fun and exciting. A little drama is good but a lot of drama is bad.

All that said I don't think slack is worth $2500+ a month just for a bunch of people to sit around and chat “most” of the time. Is it worth half that or more? Yes, I think so. It was very helpful to me and I saw ABJ and others come in a few times and immediately get lots of answers and help with questions. I think it was Evan that talked about a 24hr phone line and irl dash branch offices where people could come get help and stuff and I think slack is the online version of that. However changes need to be made to make it more friendly. One of my first real visits there was a bit unpleasant because of itw (and buster, but buster apologized when I called him out so I think we're cool?) and I remarked that “this place is scary”. I just recently saw another member say slack was scary too, that's not good folks, that's scary for the dash brand.

Thanks for all your help solarminer and please don't take my constructive criticism the wrong way, you created a great thing, it just needs a few tweaks is all. Rant off ;)

ghes [Yesterday at 9:24 PM]
I would like to see this channel be nicer for new comers and how dash is a great community. I joined yesterday and I am scared.
Posted in #dash_chat

Anyone is welcome to create a new slack. And it is true the plan is free, but the time to set it up, do integrations, come up with ideas to bring in members, find moderators you can trust and all that is a big task. 800 members is actually one of the larger crypto slacks. So I would say we were pretty successful in making it all work.

I was actually thinking the core team would just say they wanted to take it over and maybe change a few moderators. Actually, that still could happen if they act within the next couple days.
Why can't you just hand it over to someone like Amanda? Or another community member?

You guys did use network funds to build the channel, and it was another network funded project (dash detailed) that attracted most of the new users.

It feels like you are holding a dash community asset hostage.

I voted for for the slack channel on every occassion, but i did so in the reasonable expectation that the funds were building a community platform that would be around for a long time.

Not a platform that would be used for someones personal use whenever the current custodians didnt get their way.

I dont think u guys are scammers, but if u have had enough of the project then maybe u shud pass on the batton to someone else.

I would call it a scam if you take 2 payments from the network (450 dash), then when you dont get the next payment, throw your toys out of the pram and try to sell it for 1000 dash profit.

Especially when its a free slack channel that didn't cost anyone a cent.

Sorry, thats nothing but poor taste and points toward a greedy scam to me. You used the networks money to grow the slack channel, then when you had enough you try and sell it for even more money? If we dont pay you will transform it into a generic slack.....classy!

LOL. Get real. Most of the projects that are funded would need to do the same then. How about the Lamassu Compatible Software proposal? Now every machine needs to returned for the paid software version to payback the budget funds. Or TigoCTM - startup funded by the same project. Should they give over their assets to the foundation? Does Ira now need to return funds because he can now run a profitable business with the startup capital from the budget system?

You can try to call a real project a scam, but it is pretty obvious you are just spreading fud.

I have to agree that the comments in the slack channel lately have been very toxic and is not good for any community.

For newcommers to the slack it's like jumping in to a civil war on there and all you read is negative comment after negative comment. It's Just not a good vibe.

There's no value in reading negative comments day in day out and it's to the point where I have now signed off.

Having said that when I first joined it had a really great vibe about it and the people there were very helpful and the discussions people were having were of value. That has somehow deteriorated over that last 2 months which is a shame.

That goes to show that you gain votes and lose votes very quickly.

Last edited:
I wrote most of this up last night and finished it up today before the bottom fell out of slack. It summed up my feeling at the time so i'll go ahead and post it....

It's sad to see this proposal fail but maybe it's for the best right now. maybe it can be reborn and reorganized with a few changes in the mod department and a adjustment in the funding.

I've just recently gone all in on slack and really love it, minus all the anti-dash drama of course. Most of mods have been very helpful with tech questions and other questions. Initially I had some issues with itw who personally attacked me and censored me for simply asking a question about the dashbot, but besides that it's been fun and exciting. A little drama is good but a lot of drama is bad.

All that said I don't think slack is worth $2500+ a month just for a bunch of people to sit around and chat “most” of the time. Is it worth half that or more? Yes, I think so. It was very helpful to me and I saw ABJ and others come in a few times and immediately get lots of answers and help with questions. I think it was Evan that talked about a 24hr phone line and irl dash branch offices where people could come get help and stuff and I think slack is the online version of that. However changes need to be made to make it more friendly. One of my first real visits there was a bit unpleasant because of itw (and buster, but buster apologized when I called him out so I think we're cool?) and I remarked that “this place is scary”. I just recently saw another member say slack was scary too, that's not good folks, that's scary for the dash brand.

Thanks for all your help solarminer and please don't take my constructive criticism the wrong way, you created a great thing, it just needs a few tweaks is all. Rant off ;)

ghes [Yesterday at 9:24 PM]
I would like to see this channel be nicer for new comers and how dash is a great community. I joined yesterday and I am scared.
Posted in #dash_chat

Thanks for your constructive comment. Yeah, the price may not be right for a purchase, which is OK. But we do have another plan that we think will work better and have a little less negative environment. And the monthly value was what we felt was needed to actually keep mods and make it work. Going forward we will change things up a bit to make the funding work.

You did jump in at the wrong time, but like anything in slack, it is real time and sometimes conversations do turn people off at first. Actually, just joining any chat room is a little intimidating if you don't know anyone. We added a welcome channel and tip people to give a more positive start. There is more we can do I am sure, and will keep looking at ways to improve.

Keep in mind we did grow membership even with all the bantering and heated conversation. It actually attracts more interest than a moderated for positive comments place.

It may have been a real project, but the moment you let power & money get to your head, it became a scam. Holding the community hostage is great for your reputation.

I agree with @halso, hand it over to someone who can continue the work rather than being spiteful.

Edit: Just to clarify @Solarminer, my comments are mainly targeted toward InTheWoods and Buster. I never saw you make any unprofessional or bad comments. And its sad that its come to this. As I said in my previous comments, I loved slack when I first joined, the excitement was there and really showed how great the community was.

IMO they (ITW & Buster) were the ones that caused the constant day in day out negativity and push to be a us vs core team wall all the time. That eventually caused the rift with people getting sick and tired of the drama and negativity.

Last edited:
It is inconceivable that you can even call this a scam. The funds went to promotion for Dash exactly what was put as a goal for the proposal.

We first asked if the core team was interested in purchasing the slack (no minimum price was provided).

No funds will be returned.

1. Dash network (MN OPs) has invested money in the development of that Slack project, assuming that is will stay Dash community project, not your (Solarminer's) personal "All altcoins chat".
2. Dash community members have invested their time in the development of that Slack project, assuming that is will stay Dash community project, not your (Solarminer's) personal "All altcoins chat".
3. There was no need to extort a ransom from the Dash team - it is not their responsibility.
4. It is not you or Dash team who decide: whether invested funds has be returned to the Dash network. It is MN OPs who have to decide.
5. If you decide to hijack that developed Dash community (and by community) project - please publish all "appropriate calculations" and submit corresponding new Budget proposal with all exact numbers.
6. If MN OPs vote "YES", you are OK to hijack that project with "No funds will be returned" - it's OK. Otherwise you have stolen the project and money from community, so IT IS SCAM.

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

The new Dash Slack chat which represents Dash values is now active.
The link is: https://digitalcash24.herokuapp.com
Why it was done - I hope everyone understands it. I did not hear about another activities so I decided to do it by myself.

What I want to avoid to make two or more new chats and split the community. So in my opinion it must be only one chat - does not matter if it will be this one or another. I am ready to give the owning rights to other trustful people. Some well known people already got admin rights there.

So all comments are welcome.

Thread: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dash-slack-chat-with-dash-values.10946/

Hello everyone!

Why it was done - I hope everyone understands it. I did not hear about another activities so I decided to do it by myself.

What I want to avoid to make two or more new chats and split the community. So in my opinion it must be only one chat - does not matter if it will be this one or another. I am ready to give the owning rights to other trustful people. Some well known people already got admin rights there.

Thread: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dash-slack-chat-with-dash-values.10946/

i get "token_revoked"? :confused:

Hello everyone!

i get "token_revoked"? :confused:

TroyDash, myself, and itscrazybro are in the process of launching a Dash Slack as we speak. We are assembling a team and we will have an announcement today or tomorrow.

I was paid a total of 30 dash as a moderator on the previous slack. I spent 15 dash towards Amanda's Dash School series, and 9 dash was spent towards tips and the tipbot. The remaining 6 dash has not yet been spent but I will plan to use the remainder towards a constructive end.

I want to thank the owners of this slack for allowing me to join their team. It is unfortunate that the situation has led to this point, but I feel this parting of ways will work out for the better for everyone in the long run--

Back