• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Shorting ETH & buing Dash

Sure, it's tempting, with such uptrend, to make market moves, but for me it's impossible: I am sure there is a tap monitoring my computer, and this tap is wired directly to the markets... because whenever I see a good market trend, and decide to buy, sell, or make any speculative movement, the moment I press the button here in my computer.... boom, the market immediately reverts the trend, and my investment is always in the lose :sad:

...now, seriously, I really feel tempted to play, but my previous experiences where not the best... :oops:
Haha, tell me about it-yes how do they know? I shorted a bit of etherium and got burned, the loans are monitered so when the shorts go up there will be an attempted short squeeze and margin call by the bullish longs, caution is advised those guys know how to play the market and play psychological games.

DASH price is not bad for masternode setting,
I will add a MN. Thanks to dash dumper.
ETH pumping is good for ETH holder.

DASH price is not bad for masternode setting,
I will add a MN. Thanks to dash dumper.
ETH pumping is good for ETH holder.
It seems, the DASH price might be more optimal for setting up additional masternodes if one could afford waiting a couple of weeks...

As of today, the 0.01 support is breached. I don't know for how long. May be, the recent January rally into the 0.015+ territory is out of steam. And a dump could follow.

Some people explained this rally with 1) Soda machine or 2) Evolution (prototype) or 3) Craptsy's dump is over. If the price would go down back to 0.005-0.007, what would those people conclude?

Or are our crypto-oligarchs cashing out?

Edit: added 3) craptsy item

Last edited by a moderator:
The ethereum sellout will be fast and brutal. Some articles confirm it's mainly traders trading on the latest hype - big banks, microsoft and such news.

What all these big companies are doing is copying the technology and building their own private chains. There's no big company or bank willing to use their public chain and buy Ether coins to do it.

The ethereum sellout will be fast and brutal. Some articles confirm it's mainly traders trading on the latest hype - big banks, microsoft and such news.

What all these big companies are doing is copying the technology and building their own private chains. There's no big company or bank willing to use their public chain and buy Ether coins to do it.

I just wish I didn't listen to my self when I said....... "Self, .0045 for ETH is too expensive, you will lose your ass when it tanks".

FML

I just wish I didn't listen to my self when I said....... "Self, .0045 for ETH is too expensive, you will lose your ass when it tanks".

FML

Hype can last a while. Just look at the Counterparty hype that lasted on bs news after overstock recruited the devs. Hype needs to run its course.

Speaking of shorthing though; professional shorters won't just short ethereum just like that. They will buy some negative press articles exposing this ether scam in order to build a strong downwards momentum.

FML
Yeah. FOMO is a bad adviser, and FOMO in a vast majority of cases crystallizes into losses :( Every time my fingers are itching to buy/sell, I try to relax, recall the last mistakes, and ... do the opposite :)

Now, I wonder how many people are about to buy DASH at a "good" price of 0.0093? How many of them had the same thoughts at 0.011? FOMO: tomorrow the price will be 0.02, don't miss out!!!

Yeah. FOMO is a bad adviser, and FOMO in a vast majority of cases crystallizes into losses :( Every time my fingers are itching to buy/sell, I try to relax, recall the last mistakes, and ... do the opposite :)

Now, I wonder how many people are about to buy DASH at a "good" price of 0.0093? How many of them had the same thoughts at 0.011? FOMO: tomorrow the price will be 0.02, don't miss out!!!

Needless to say the shorting strategy presented in this video I've linked also applies in reverse. Video actually mentions the reverse, creating bubbles, driving up the price. I wouldn't trust what's going on on Poloniex right now. Someone is pulling a savvy pump, done over the course of a few days. It will be painful once he pulls out the rug from underneath suckers who bought into it.

Sure, it's tempting, with such uptrend, to make market moves, but for me it's impossible: I am sure there is a tap monitoring my computer, and this tap is wired directly to the markets... because whenever I see a good market trend, and decide to buy, sell, or make any speculative movement, the moment I press the button here in my computer.... boom, the market immediately reverts the trend, and my investment is always in the lose :sad:

...now, seriously, I really feel tempted to play, but my previous experiences where not the best... :oops:
I'm connected to the same network

Back