Shorting ETH & buing Dash

myDice_co

Apr 15, 2015
It's incredible how much the price of ETH has risen. how many users do use ETH?
Dont kno. I think this is a bubble.

i shortet ETC on poloniex today. For every Satoshi i will earn i will buy DASH...
Hope the trade works for me and i will add annother masternode or two...

what do you guy think about it?

Reactions: Dunedoo

tungfa

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Apr 9, 2014
It's incredible how much the price of ETH has risen. how many users do use ETH?
Dont kno. I think this is a bubble.

i shortet ETC on poloniex today. For every Satoshi i will earn i will buy DASH...
Hope the trade works for me and i will add annother masternode or two...

what do you guy think about it?
i did the same some weeks ago
definitely a better time now ;)

raganius

cryptoPag.com
Foundation Member
Sure, it's tempting, with such uptrend, to make market moves, but for me it's impossible: I am sure there is a tap monitoring my computer, and this tap is wired directly to the markets... because whenever I see a good market trend, and decide to buy, sell, or make any speculative movement, the moment I press the button here in my computer.... boom, the market immediately reverts the trend, and my investment is always in the lose :sad:

...now, seriously, I really feel tempted to play, but my previous experiences where not the best... :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:

myDice_co

Apr 15, 2015
yes... we will see... hope this trade works for me.. :))
But ETH is very strong (the price and the demand these days)

what goes up must com down... only one question!! WHEN WILL THIS HAPPEND?

tungfa

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Apr 9, 2014
so what needs to happen to eth for you to take home a decent amount of cash by shorting it? I'm curious....
had it sitting there since presale
waited for a decent rise
and bye bye all into Dash !
nothing else ;)
Eth is good in speculation but as a real world currency / application i do to see it at all
i never managed to open my wallet myself , needed help from a tech pro for that
if i can not do it, nobody can = real world application ZERO (way too complicate)

myDice_co

Apr 15, 2015
yes! i dont like ETH.... hope i will make some dash from this trade and i will setup my 13th masterdode....
Doge is also going crazy today... market cap 36 million USD
any news?
Sure, it's tempting, with such uptrend, to make market moves, but for me it's impossible: I am sure there is a tap monitoring my computer, and this tap is wired directly to the markets... because whenever I se a good market trend, and decide to buy, sell, or make any speculative movement, the moment I press the button here in my computer.... boom, the market immediately reverts the trend, and my investment is always in the lose :sad:

now, seriously, I really feel tempted to play, but my previous exeperiences where not the best... :oops:
had it sitting there since presale
waited for a decent rise
and bye bye all into Dash !
nothing else ;)
Eth is good in speculation but as a real world currency / application i do to see it at all
i never managed to open my wallet myself , needed help from a tech pro for that
if i can not do it, nobody can = real world application ZERO (way too complicate)

TheDashGuy

Dec 16, 2015
yes! i dont like ETH.... hope i will make some dash from this trade and i will setup my 13th masterdode....
Doge is also going crazy today... market cap 36 million USD
any news?
13th?!?!1

Here I am working my way back up to 5 dash....

I need to stop slacking... HAHA.

Reactions: raganius

fuzzyduck

Feb 19, 2015
I doubled my btc on ether. Sold at 660k.happy I did looking at the latest graph. And with my extra btc I bought dash of course as 0.01 seems like the stable baseline.

Sub-Ether

Mar 31, 2014
Sure, it's tempting, with such uptrend, to make market moves, but for me it's impossible: I am sure there is a tap monitoring my computer, and this tap is wired directly to the markets... because whenever I see a good market trend, and decide to buy, sell, or make any speculative movement, the moment I press the button here in my computer.... boom, the market immediately reverts the trend, and my investment is always in the lose :sad:

...now, seriously, I really feel tempted to play, but my previous experiences where not the best... :oops:
Haha, tell me about it-yes how do they know? I shorted a bit of etherium and got burned, the loans are monitered so when the shorts go up there will be an attempted short squeeze and margin call by the bullish longs, caution is advised those guys know how to play the market and play psychological games.

Reactions: raganius

guster

Sep 22, 2015
DASH price is not bad for masternode setting,
I will add a MN. Thanks to dash dumper.
ETH pumping is good for ETH holder.

dark_wanderer

Nov 12, 2014
DASH price is not bad for masternode setting,
I will add a MN. Thanks to dash dumper.
ETH pumping is good for ETH holder.
It seems, the DASH price might be more optimal for setting up additional masternodes if one could afford waiting a couple of weeks...

As of today, the 0.01 support is breached. I don't know for how long. May be, the recent January rally into the 0.015+ territory is out of steam. And a dump could follow.

Some people explained this rally with 1) Soda machine or 2) Evolution (prototype) or 3) Craptsy's dump is over. If the price would go down back to 0.005-0.007, what would those people conclude?

Or are our crypto-oligarchs cashing out?

Edit: added 3) craptsy item

Last edited by a moderator:

InTheWoods

Foundation Member
Oct 12, 2014
The ethereum sellout will be fast and brutal. Some articles confirm it's mainly traders trading on the latest hype - big banks, microsoft and such news.

What all these big companies are doing is copying the technology and building their own private chains. There's no big company or bank willing to use their public chain and buy Ether coins to do it.

Jeztah

Oct 9, 2014
The ethereum sellout will be fast and brutal. Some articles confirm it's mainly traders trading on the latest hype - big banks, microsoft and such news.

What all these big companies are doing is copying the technology and building their own private chains. There's no big company or bank willing to use their public chain and buy Ether coins to do it.

I just wish I didn't listen to my self when I said....... "Self, .0045 for ETH is too expensive, you will lose your ass when it tanks".

FML

InTheWoods

Foundation Member
Oct 12, 2014
I just wish I didn't listen to my self when I said....... "Self, .0045 for ETH is too expensive, you will lose your ass when it tanks".

FML
Hype can last a while. Just look at the Counterparty hype that lasted on bs news after overstock recruited the devs. Hype needs to run its course.

Speaking of shorthing though; professional shorters won't just short ethereum just like that. They will buy some negative press articles exposing this ether scam in order to build a strong downwards momentum.

dark_wanderer

Nov 12, 2014

FML
Yeah. FOMO is a bad adviser, and FOMO in a vast majority of cases crystallizes into losses :( Every time my fingers are itching to buy/sell, I try to relax, recall the last mistakes, and ... do the opposite :)

Now, I wonder how many people are about to buy DASH at a "good" price of 0.0093? How many of them had the same thoughts at 0.011? FOMO: tomorrow the price will be 0.02, don't miss out!!!

Reactions: TheDashGuy