• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

SendChat and Darkcoin

Should Darkcoin be integrated into SendChat?

• Total voters

sendchat

Hey Darkcoiners, here below is a quick overview of what SendChat is:

What Is SendChat?

SendChat is a messaging app built on top of Telegram an open source messaging app. SendChat has all the features of a normal messaging app with the added feature of sending Bitcoin, Sendcoin & (possibly) Darkcoin & Dogecoin.

SendChat’s mission is to aid the adoption of cryptocurrency into the mainstream. The SendChat team believes that one of the barriers cryptocurrency has is the technical know-how needed to use them. SendChat makes it very easy to send and receive these cryptocurrency coins; just click on the option to send coins while chatting with any of your contacts. No technical know-how needed.

We feel this simple and easy to use feature will aid the adoption of Bitcoin and the other cryptocurrencies into the mainstream. The SendChat and Telegram networks are shared; this network already has 50 million people. The users of both of these messaging apps are able to send and receive messages, files, images and videos from each other. The only thing that SendChat users can’t do is send Bitcoin to Telegram users. We believe that the added benefit of sharing the network with Telegram helps us reach our goal of aiding mainstream adoption much quicker.

When a SendChat user sends a Bitcoin to a Telegram user, SendChat will automatically send an automatic message to the Telegram user. This notification will state ‘[Insert SendChat user name here] wants to send you 1 bitcoin, download SendChat to accept!’

SendChat will be available for Android, iOS, Mac, Pc, Linux and Smart Watches. We will release the Android version first.

In furthering our aim to bring the use of cryptocurrency to the mainstream, we also have some other exciting features available for SendChat. These are: SendChat fiat exchange, the Creators Market, SendChat Store and a personalized News Section.

So the question is, should we accept Darkcoin? What does the community feel about this!?

Look very much forward to your responses, thank you.

SendChat team.

I think a yes. Any help to get darkcoin into the masses. How would privacy work though? I guess it's an opt-out using this service?

I think this sounds very interesting
i really like Telegram and use it a lot (Chat Rooms and Encrypted pm)
this would definitely simplefy the process for mass adoption.

it will be interesting to hear about security and privacy

Will all my friends have to quit using Telegram and start using Sendchat?
Anyway, I need to make my contacts to quit using Whatsapp first :p

No, that's the best part if your friends use Telegram, you can still chat with them, the only thing you can't do is send them Bitcoins or Darkcoins. If you do try and send them coins it will notify them that you are trying to send them X amount and to download SendChat!

As far as privacy and security is concerned please refer to the blog post on our site titled : SendChat uses strong encryption.

I can't post the link, haha.

Not a rhetorical question :) Just wanted to know if the community backs the idea, and if they are any concerns or comments

No, that's the best part if your friends use Telegram, you can still chat with them, the only thing you can't do is send them Bitcoins or Darkcoins. If you do try and send them coins it will notify them that you are trying to send them X amount and to download SendChat!
What happens if they don't? do you send me the coins back (or they never leave my wallet until they do) or are they lost forever?

Btw, yes, please, do integrate!!

Sendchat is looking pretty rad. You can check out the crowdfunding project at blocktrust.org, https://blocktrust.org/#/offeringFeature/SendCoinbySendChat - I quoted a portion of the TOS below for those of you who don't want to visit the link.

How Does the SendCoin Distribution Work?
The CCO is offering a total of 21,000,000 SendCoins.

The SendCoins will be distributed based on your deposit total relative to the total CCO deposits received (percent distribution).
Entitlement is computed by the following ( your deposit total / (CCO total deposit / number of coins available in CCO) )

Example:

CCO Completes and has received 2500 BTC in deposits. If you invested 1 BTC then you will receive 1 BTC / (2500 BTC/21000000 SEND)= *8400 SEND
Team Member CCO Participation
The development team has communicated that they will not purchase any of the blockchain rewards at the initial offered BTC conversion rate for the duration of the CCO.

Back