• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Seeking for information.

anon42

Hello community,
am i blind or haven't i found a Q&A section on this forum?
Besides that i have a question which applies to many altcoins.

Since there is a maximum supply of coins which helps to prevent an inflation, how does it help the deflation problem?

Thanks!
Do you also have some information regarding my 2nd question?
I think it's better when problems are found early so they can be fixed soon rather than becoming an unfixable problem later

Thanks!
Do you also have some information regarding my 2nd question?
I think it's better when problems are found early so they can be fixed soon rather than becoming an unfixable problem later

u 2nd question comes down to economics
miners payouts / masternode payouts /....

how does it help the deflation problem?

Essentially you are asking about price stability, and how is price stability maintained in a cryptocurrency. In the world of fiat, maintaining price stability is the primary function of a central bank. In crypto, there is no central bank, so there is no institution that has the mission to maintain price stability.

I think the hope is that once a crypto has a wide and deep market that is trading at a high volume, market forces will stabilize prices. A robust futures market will help to stabilize prices. Free market ideologues believe the market will be more effective at stabilizing prices than central banks. We shall see. That's why this is such an interesting experiment from an economics standpoint.

Since there is a maximum supply of coins which helps to prevent an inflation, how does it help the deflation problem?

Deflation in a cryptocurrency like Dash is a very different phenomenom than deflation in a fiat currency. Here is why...

This is a slight simplification, but perfect for this discussion. The only time we see deflation (rising buying power of a currency) in the fiat universe is when there is a large scale and very broad drop in demand for goods and services. The only time we see this is when the economy is in trouble, unemployment rates are rising (usually quickly) and people are hoarding their cash to try to survive the recession or depression. During the great depression, prices on goods and services dropped dramatically, and people still purchased goods and services at very reduced rates.

But with Dash, we see deflation for very different reasons. It's not the reduced demand for goods that makes the buying power go up, it's the restricted supply of money and money creation. So, totally unlike fiat deflation, you can and will see Dash deflation even in a booming economy. In a cryptocurrency it's a good thing. In a fiat currency, it's a bad thing, because it's a symptom of an economy that's in deep trouble.

Dash (and bitcoin) is not a coin. Dash (and bitcoin) is a collectible item, like gold, diamonds, stamps, paintings of a dead artist, or the underwears of princess Diana (may God forgive her). Do not compare Dash to coin! In Dash there is just a maximum supply of collectible items, in order to create a fake scarcity and thus become attractive to the stupid slaves.

A coin is a social convention, and something used for everyday transactions by ordinary people.
There is no cryptocoin that fullfills these requirements.

Those who believe that the greedy Dash generation of 2014-2016 deserves to hold most of the Dash money and most of the Masternodes.
Those who believe that money should be space and time dependant.
Those who believe that money belongs to the old generations and the new born should be enslaved to the old ones in order to gain it.
Those who believe that money is a religion or a property issued by a king, priest, president, god or satoshi.
Those who do not understand that money is a social convention.

Those are the born to be slaves, or the uneducated barbarians.

Dear @anon42, leave this place now! Join a hard fork!
This place is full of (masternodes's) slaves!

Last edited:
There are many resources but if you look at coinmarketcap's page and then browse the links on the left from Dash, there are many resources for you to look at that will probably have the answer to your question.

Well i'm worried because Crypto currencies aren't treated like currencies but more like a stock.
Even if they evolve to become currencies i see a problem in their max supply.
After every last coin is mined, the price might rise and rise and nobody wants to pay with his coin because everyday it could be worth more

Well i'm worried because Crypto currencies aren't treated like currencies but more like a stock.
Even if they evolve to become currencies i see a problem in their max supply.
After every last coin is mined, the price might rise and rise and nobody wants to pay with his coin because everyday it could be worth more

If their other option is the Venezuelan Bolivar (or a hundred other crappy fiat currencies), they won't have any problem using Dash. And enough people will be earning incomes in Dash, they won't have anything else to spend. And the merchants will recognize Dash as the preferred currency to accept, and will offer discounts if the customer uses Dash. People who hold any significant amount of Dash will win so hard financially, they will start to feel like they can afford things they could not afford before.

Trust me, it will work out.

Back