• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

"RC5 POOL COMPLIANT POLICE" - DONE! WE ARE ON 100% COMPILIANT POOLS NOW!

Will we arrive @ more than 90% of compliant pools before 19 days past?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

splawik21

Yeah, it's me....
Staff member
Dash Core Group
Foundation Member
Dash Support Group
Hi drk community,

I was asked on BCT to try again and inform in a good and friendly way the non-compliant pools to update to the RC5 binaries so Evan can enforce the network on >90% compliant pools and before 3 weeks time.

Saying this I`ve already did the work and as I said before, took all bad actors and RC4 pools from https://drk.mn/blocks.html

nicehash - INFORMED BY TWITTER
ghashio - INFORMED BY TIWTTER
darkcoinoboxru - INFORMED BY POOL CONTACT FORM
coinkingio - INFORMED BY TWITTER
minepit - INFORMED BY TWITTER
trademybitcom - INFORMED BY TWITTER - OK
switchercoincom - INFORMED BY TWITTER
x11greenpool - INFORMED BY IRC
wafflepool - INFORMED BY BCT, REDDIT - OK
xhashnet - INFORMED BY MAIL - OK

There are still some solo miners and p2pools on RC4 ver who I can`t get in touch.

NOW I`M WAITING THE RESULTS AND WILL REINFORM FRIDAY AGAIN IF WE`LL SEE THAT THE 1ST ATTEMPT FAILED
wink.gif

GO GO GO DARKCOINERS!

Last edited by a moderator:
After 15h these have step to the darkside ;)

trademybitcom 2531.57 6 1.2 Xcvpc9j11wPsUi1f9p7vDdXpqbYUCe3JQ8 RC5 (0.10.13.14+)
wafflepool 2887.06 5 1 XjFqzJDDQBgTJpQiGiVwWUTcnWJM65zqnE RC5 (0.10.13.14+)
xhash.net 2827.3 5 1 Xg1CAA8FeqQZcPPbw8YCrJJ8JaSi43niHt RC5 (0.10.13.14+)

Total supply for last 24h: 2,824.48288 DRK (422.38353 DRK for masternodes, 86.84% blocks payed, 60.51% of total blocks payed correctly [20% and latest protocol version]).

Reactions: jpr
Current: 60%
Goal: 90%
We won't hit 90% and frankly we won't get much more than 65% being that x11ltc1btccom refuses to pay more than 10%. As I mentioned on BCT, they are aware of the situation as they are running RC5. If they would do 20%, we'd be at low-mid 80's. Knowing that, is there really any reason to wait to turn on enforcement? The largest block finder isn't changing and hasn't changed since they went to RC4. Just curious on everyone's thoughts. I understand the 3 weeks or 90%, but there isn't enough of the smaller pools not paying that will get us to 90% even if they opted to. Nicehash doesn't matter because they are a proxy for renters (renters are using non-compliant pools).

eduffield What say you? Perhaps we ride out the weekend for stranglers and enforce on Monday with the open source.

I think x11ltc1btccom will not do it even 5 min before enforcment. I also think we will not get 90%. I was asking in the other thread what is the safe % to flip the switch but got no answer. I think 80 is too risky otherwise we would not be waiting for 90%, right?

This is a really tough decision to make. If nicehash and x11ltc1btccom played ball, we'd hit 90 or thereabouts. I have no faith that they will.

The question is, how many pools out there are playing nicely but don't know about impending enforcement yet? I guess we just have to keep the community push going to notify the pools.

As the owner of a fair few masternodes, I would be comfortable with early enforcement but that is only because I'm over 50DRK down because of nicehash and x11ltc1btccom and that makes me an angry panda. A position of anger is never a good position to make a decision.

This is a really tough decision to make. If nicehash and x11ltc1btccom played ball, we'd hit 90 or thereabouts. I have no faith that they will.

The question is, how many pools out there are playing nicely but don't know about impending enforcement yet? I guess we just have to keep the community push going to notify the pools.

As the owner of a fair few masternodes, I would be comfortable with early enforcement but that is only because I'm over 50DRK down because of nicehash and x11ltc1btccom and that makes me an angry panda. A position of anger is never a good position to make a decision.

They did get the info/email. They know about the update and they don't give a shit. Maybe we should start begging?
It is a simple rebellion and we should stop asking for something that will never happen.

It doesn't matter on nicehash... they, like betarigs and any of the rental hashing places just act as proxies for the renter's pools. They have no control over whether or not a renter uses a compliant or non-compliant pool.

As such, we can write them off. That really leaves X11 as the main one carrying a large percentage of found blocks. I just don't see the point in waiting an arbitrary deadline for something they clearly have desire to comply with. Further, 90% is a great target to shoot for, but knowing X11 isn't going to comply, there isn't enough of the smaller pools left in non-compliance to make up the difference.

What will happen if we don't get them onboard? Will it fork?
The majority right now (65%) is compliant so in theory, the compliant pools should be the longest chain due to any blocks coming from non-compliant pools being rejected from being added to the blockchain. Lets be realistic, we aren't going to get them on board. They chose to use 10% even with the knowledge of RC4 being released and opted to only update protocol version to RC5. I'm actually surprised they even pay 10% since all they do is dump whatever they mine to get LTC out of it.

Two things:

1) I don't want to hurt the pools that just haven't realised they need to update.
2) x11ltc1btccom don't deserve to be given any more payments
3) Can anybody show what percentage of the blocks mined x11ltc1btccom covers?

Two things:

1) I don't want to hurt the pools that just haven't realised they need to update.
2) x11ltc1btccom don't deserve to be given any more payments
3) Can anybody show what percentage of the blocks mined x11ltc1btccom covers?

1. Do you really believe X11 isn't aware they need to update to 20% payouts? They updated to RC5. Certainly they were informed pre-RC4 that 20% is the new masternode reward.
2. No argument there.
3. https://drk.mn/blocks.html however, the percentage is lower being that the site hasn't been updating correctly (about an 8-9 hour window). Normally their pool finds around 20-25% of the blocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back