• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

RC5 Launch (MANDATORY UPDATE)

How does the enforcement work with the pools that are on the right version but are choosing to pay 10%. Will it automatically bump payouts to 20% or orphan their blocks?

Sidenote, I'd love to see that switch flipped at 80%. I don't think we've been >90% compliant in a while, trickled back to 78-84ish iirc.

Sidenote, I'd love to see that switch flipped at 80%. I don't think we've been >90% compliant in a while, trickled back to 78-84ish iirc.
The max was 92% if I remember good when there was dedicatedpool as a good actor...what last not much ;)

eduffield -- I hate to keep reporting the same errors, but if I may, could I ask for your attention to the following things that bother me (and I'm sure others as well). This is windows wallet, v0.10.13.15. I started out trying to anonymize 50 DRK, 2 rounds. After waiting for a while, nothing happened so I decided to try different amounts to look for denominating peers. So I changed to 10, 20, 30, then finally 40 (same 2 rounds each). Here's the result:
  • My wallet finally got 38 DRK anonymized (and not 40 DRK as specified),
  • but the progress bar says 100%.
  • The wallet is done with the anonymization by looking at Darksend Status: disabled, the "Start/Stop" button, and no more Denominate fees,
  • but the encryption is still unlocked.
  • I was charged with not 2, but 3 Darksend Denominate fees (I don't mind because the fees are still cheap, but why 3 fees for 2 rounds?)
  • It seems by changing the settings (amount, rounds), it confuses Darksend (?), which shouldn't happen because users will change their settings often. (Note: I turned off the "Start/Stop Anonymization" button before changing the settings and then turned it back on every time, but to me it doesn't seem matter whether you turn it off or not before you change the settings as I've seen during testnet.)
  • Good thing: there's no endless "Payment to yourself" fees this time! :smile:
Here's the screenshot of the wallet:

upload_2014-9-24_12-18-36.png

Transaction screen:

upload_2014-9-24_12-23-7.png

and Coin Control screen:

upload_2014-9-24_12-25-2.png

Thank you, Evan, for all your great work! If I need to submit this to JIRA, please let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Transaction confirmations on Mainnet have been slowed down for some reason. Has anyone else experienced this?

Doesn't seem to work for me; I've tried a couple of times to anonymize just 2 coins/2 rounds...
Progress bar stuck at 50%, message display doesn't change from "Darksend is idle"

Doesn't seem to work for me; I've tried a couple of times to anonymize just 2 coins/2 rounds...
Progress bar stuck at 50%, message display doesn't change from "Darksend is idle"
Let's try this: settings: 10000 drk to keep anonymized, 8 rounds. I know you don't have 10000 drk, but that's what i'm doing with another person, so if you change your settings to that, let's see if it can work for you. :)

Let's try this: settings: 10000 drk to keep anonymized, 8 rounds. I know you don't have 10000 drk, but that's what i'm doing with another person, so if you change your settings to that, let's see if it can work for you. :)

I'll give it a try... Thx!

Still sitting with "Darksend is Idle"
Lol... but at least that progress bar looks different (1/8) 12%
It will take some time, so just wait for a little while and see if it will anonymize for you. Have you got any Denominate fee yet?

It will take some time, so just wait for a little while and see if it will anonymize for you. Have you got any Denominate fee yet?

Got "Payment to self" .001 and "Darksend Denominate" .0125 payments out... I'll be patient
Actually had this exact same scenario last night... Stuck @ 1 round, same 2 payment amounts out... for probably 6 hrs before I gave up

Got "Payment to self" .001 and "Darksend Denominate" .0125 payments out... I'll be patient
Actually had this exact same scenario last night... Stuck @ 1 round, same 2 payment amounts out... for probably 6 hrs before I gave up
Oh, that happens when there're not many people mixing their coins.
So far I've got 5 Denominate fees. We're supposed to get at least 8 Denom fees, one for each round.

Oh, that happens when there're not many people mixing their coins.
So far I've got 5 Denominate fees. We're supposed to get at least 8 Denom fees, one for each round.

No worries, I'll leave it sit a while. I don't really need to denominate any coins, just wanted to see how it works.
Thx moli for your help!

No worries, I'll leave it sit a while. I don't really need to denominate any coins, just wanted to see how it works.
Thx moli for your help!
Hm.. so your coins didn't anonymize at all? I've got my 69 DRK anonymized and i'm done. If you want to start over, i can pair with you, just give me a few minutes.

Hm.. so your coins didn't anonymize at all? I've got my 69 DRK anonymized and i'm done. If you want to start over, i can pair with you, just give me a few minutes.

Right, none anonymized... As it went through 1 round, status would change from Sitting idle, Waiting in queue, Awaiting more inputs, etc... I figured it was needing input to pair with. But now it just sits there "Idle", doesn't contact MN or wait in queue.

I'll just transfer my coins back to regular wallet. Again, thanks for your help

Back