• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

RC4 Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
uSing the new .31
Still only able to anonymize 3.00000003 coins no matter how many i put in the preferences. It just stops after that amount.
Using mac os wallet running for over an hour or more.
Using 2 rounds and number of coins is set to 25.
The first 3 coins anonymized pretty quick and then nothing...
Any ideas how to make it anonymize more than 3 coins??

Last edited by a moderator:
Using .31 and its in sync (totally freaking stoked!). Sent a test to it and all is well. However, I can't seem to take my Drk that I just transferred (from crypsty non anonymous) and put it in my anonymous Drk. What am I messing up?

Using .31 and its in sync (totally freaking stoked!). Sent a test to it and all is well. However, I can't seem to take my Drk that I just transferred (from crypsty non anonymous) and put it in my anonymous Drk. What am I messing up?

How long has it been since the coins from cryptsy have been confirmed?

The fees where raised because the lower fees where part of the reason why Darksend never finished. Anyway try the new .31 -- lots of people reporting success on bitcointalk.

Updated to .31 and all of those DS rounds paid for earlier seem to have actually gone through. Excellent!

About 30 minutes... I didn't realize that was a factor.

It can take a while to start.

By the way, how have you set the "number of coins to be anonymized" setting? (In the options). Is your current anonymized balance greater than this number?

Version 31 - 8 Rounds fully denominated perfectly, no performance issues or lagging in Windows binaries!!!

CONGRATULATIONS Evan & Team
JaiSNfP.png

Pp3LoFc.png

It can take a while to start.

By the way, how have you set the "number of coins to be anonymized" setting? (In the options). Is your current anonymized balance greater than this number?

I think the wording of the option is off, it's working different from the way people are expecting:

My linux wallet set 2k but now have 4.8k anonymized. The variation is too large IMO. It should be addressed or people will get confused.

EDIT: My windows wallet set to 1500 and 2882 tDRK anonymized
So to clear up how this setting works. It's more of a lower boundary, whenever your client has more denominated inputs (of any amount of rounds) than that amount it switches into a mode that ONLY uses the denominated inputs. There's a better way to do this and it's on my list, but I figured this solution was better than the 5000DRK limit. It'll get within a few hundred, at most a thousand.

Well i give up.
Set to 500 coins through 2 rounds, and after having the wallet open for 7 hours i still only have 3.00000003 coins anonymized. Getting charged transaction fees and not getting any more coins anonymized.
Just says Darksend status (1/2 entries), waiting for more entries (1/2) and then it goes to Darksend status idle.
Turning Darksend off now to stop the fees from racking up.
Very frustrating.

did a backup. deleted my wallet and everything. installed fresh .31 wallet and downloaded block chain. Installed backup. Now it works. Weird. Glad its finally working though.

I still have 27 drk (of about 56) unconfirmed. tryed everything. I am on .31 now but still its not confirming. And i cant find the tx in my log :eek:

Now i tryed denonimizing with 2 rounds again (as somehow somebody made it on 8 rounds and the good talk on .31) its doing payments of 0,001 again. But i have to wait till the 27 coin show up as confirmed again i guess :(

Edit,

Deleted whole blockchain, redownloaded. Didnt work. Then is started with -salvagewallet and it worked. Its in the wallet as non-annonimized. Now its anonimyzed correctly on .31 :)

sucks to see the price falling :(. to all ppl that say invest after a RC bla bla, its only been going down after each new RC.....

Last edited by a moderator:
So we are talking about high CPU load, not a race condition.

Thanks for the report!

Don't know what its doing, but nothings changed.
It never finishes synching, was almost up to the actual height, but then started again at about 300 blocks earlier.

I'll remove the index now and start it again.

I still have 27 drk (of about 56) unconfirmed. tryed everything. I am on .31 now but still its not confirming. And i cant find the tx in my log :eek:

Now i tryed denonimizing with 2 rounds again (as somehow somebody made it on 8 rounds and the good talk on .31) its doing payments of 0,001 again. But i have to wait till the 27 coin show up as confirmed again i guess :(

Edit,

Deleted whole blockchain, redownloaded. Didnt work. Then is started with -salvagewallet and it worked. Its in the wallet as non-annonimized. Now its anonimyzed correctly on .31 :)

sucks to see the price falling :(. to all ppl that say invest after a RC bla bla, its only been going down after each new RC.....

Wait until DarkSend is open-source. This is the perfect time to invest now.

I bought at price of $12. I am still not letting my DRK go.

Wait until DarkSend is open-source. This is the perfect time to invest now.

I bought at price of $12. I am still not letting my DRK go.

Perfect lol, you lost like 2/3rd of your invest in drk. I'm not going away from dark, the low noise/heat in my bedroom is very nice. But what i'm saying is, it may be a little bubblecoin if you know what i mean till darksend is realy fully functional and no bugs on deployment. I dont get it why all of this buigs pop up when we got -testnet function o.o

BTW, it doesnt want to do a second denominating transaction, it has done 27drk now, but the other ~25 drk is not being anonymized.

Perfect lol, you lost like 2/3rd of your invest in drk. I'm not going away from dark, the low noise/heat in my bedroom is very nice. But what i'm saying is, it may be a little bubblecoin if you know what i mean till darksend is realy fully functional and no bugs on deployment. I dont get it why all of this buigs pop up when we got -testnet function o.o

BTW, it doesnt want to do a second denominating transaction, it has done 27drk now, but the other ~25 drk is not being anonymized.

I don't even use the RC versions. I am waiting for a stable & open-source release. I don't trust closed-source software.

Evan's latest post on ANN thread:

"Hello Everyone,

If you're running a larger than normal wallet and set "Amount to anonymize" to a really high amount, the client will prioritize money that has not been denominated, in effect denominating the entire amount ONCE (this could look like the round > 1 bug, but it's not). No input will reach 2 rounds before that amount is met. When the client detects you've reached the threshold you set, it will then start denominating round 2, then 3, etc.

From the looks of the thread all issues users are experiencing are not bugs at this point, just a misunderstanding of how Darksend works. All major bugs have been resolved and I'm going to move on to RC5 and other unique features of Darkcoin that we've had in the works for awhile (I'm going to wait till all of the weak hands have left the building then I have some really cool stuff to announce).

-Evan"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back