• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

RC4 Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried v29 on an i3 @ 3.4 GHz running Mint 17, none of the monster CPU usage as on my i5 laptop running Xubuntu 14.04, no appreciable UI lag even when it was generating the thousand pubkeys, which took all of about 45 seconds. Both machines have oodles of RAM, only diff is the OS (both variants of Ubuntu 14.04) and the laptop has an encrypted filesystem (both are EXT4) - the i3 box synced up about 100x faster as well, same internet connection.

Will now send some coins to it and see how it works...

I've downloaded the full blockchain several times today (setting up a few wallets to test things using -datadir) and I haven't felt that it goes slower. I haven't measured times, though.
Well, I'm using Windows 7, 64 bit (in case it matters) with the 32 bit version of darkcoin-qt and it's constantly going non-responsive and it's also very slow to download the block chain. I'm using version 10.12.29 still same problem and I have my darksend disabled because I wanted to get the wallet's blockchain updated before I do anything else. I haven't started denominating yet, been updating my masternodes, but will get on that :)

Windows Server 2012 R2. Had a 9x wallet I had completely emptied out. Went to 10.12.27, but 10.12.28 came out as I sent myself 9.996 DRK. Let it confirm, then turned on darksend. Began asking for my password and started to get payments to myself and darksend denominates. During the second payment to myself, as the 2nd denominate awaited first confirmation, I saw 29 was out and downloaded, then switched.

At that point, stopped seeing movement altogether. My total wallet balance was down to 9.987 DRK, but I had not anonymized anything. 7 hours after the last denomination, I restarted 29. It asked for my pw again and did another denomiation. Still no anon currency, still just loosing DRK. Oddly, my transaction details show a slew of -1.00000001 darkcoin debits and then more 1.00000001 darkcoin credits, but my wallet history does not (and shows no anonymized currency). Turning off Darksend until this is fixed.

Hate that prices plummeted after news of bugs yesterday and today. (I'm sure that bitcoins skydive hurt in that regard, but this certainly didn't help). Still holding my DRK. Darksend truly will be a game changer... once it works properly.

Windows Server 2012 R2. Had a 9x wallet I had completely emptied out. Went to 10.12.27, but 10.12.28 came out as I sent myself 9.996 DRK. Let it confirm, then turned on darksend. Began asking for my password and started to get payments to myself and darksend denominates. During the second payment to myself, as the 2nd denominate awaited first confirmation, I saw 29 was out and downloaded, then switched.

At that point, stopped seeing movement altogether. My total wallet balance was down to 9.987 DRK, but I had not anonymized anything. 7 hours after the last denomination, I restarted 29. It asked for my pw again and did another denomiation. Still no anon currency, still just loosing DRK. Oddly, my transaction details show a slew of -1.00000001 darkcoin debits and then more 1.00000001 darkcoin credits, but my wallet history does not (and shows no anonymized currency). Turning off Darksend until this is fixed.

Hate that prices plummeted after news of bugs yesterday and today. (I'm sure that bitcoins skydive hurt in that regard, but this certainly didn't help). Still holding my DRK. Darksend truly will be a game changer... once it works properly.

I think the soft release of RC4 has been very wise, bugs are a part of life with a new release especially one as meaningful as this and with each fix we are gaining confidence in the reality being realised.

The market hasn't rejected RC4 or Darkcoin it is simply cautiously waiting to see the material issues addressed.

It might in fact be doing Darkcoin a favour, no matter how great the release of Darksend is, the Lawsky cloud combined with the Wild West comments have cast a cloud of all coins.

This will pass as Lawsky reveals the lack of detail behind his proposed Bitlicense and the weaknesses are revealed. It will drag on and maybe some time next year there will be a regulation we will have to adapt to but it won't be the end of alt-coins as we know it, the worst result will be NYC puts a wall around it's own progress in the field but I guarantee Singapore and London, even Hong Kong won't pass up the chance to be leaders in digital money, you only need one financial centre to be reaping the rewards and NYC will eventually come to their senses.

As this realisation comes to pass the market will buy back in and prices will respond. My guess is we are very close to this happening, we might see more of a dip but I suspect if we do it will be a tremor just before it starts returning to normal.

If we see this happen just as the bugs get cleaned up, then will be the time to SCREAM DARKSEND ROCKS.

After installing .29 and doing salvagewallet all my wallet addresses are gone. My wallet shows only one address for receiving DRK. On transactions it shows only the address in brackets but no names anymore. Can I still receive DRK on these addresses or do I have to use new addresses at pools, exchanges etc.?

Edit: I had 63 transactions of denomination and payments to myself with a total of 0.066 DRK for anonymizing 17 DRK!

Last edited by a moderator:
After installing .29 and doing salvagewallet all my wallet addresses are gone. My wallet shows only one address for receiving DRK. On transactions it shows only the address in brackets but no names anymore. Can I still receive DRK on these addresses or do I have to use new addresses at pools, exchanges etc.?

Edit: I had 63 transactions of denomination and payments to myself with a total of 0.066 DRK for anonymizing 17 DRK!

First change Darksend rounds to 1 in the settings. That will stop the never ending denomination. As for the addresses, making new ones would be best.

First change Darksend rounds to 1 in the settings. That will stop denomination. As for the addresses, making new ones would be best.

Also, why did you use savagewallet in the first place?
I have changed DS rounds to 1 yesterday and disabled DS for now. And I used salvagewallet because Evan recommended it on BCT:
eduffield said:
If you have a long standing unconfirmed transaction, simply right click the transaction, copy the txid. Then execute the command "erasetransaction txid" in the console. After that reopen the client with the command -salvagewallet, and the money should be back.

No. After I updated to RC4 and denomination began I had 58 transactions, 57 x -0.001 DRK, 1 x -0.004 DRK, but no anonymized balance. Then I have changed DS rounds to 1 and got another 5 denomination fees. 1 transaction got stuck. So I have updated to .29, deleted the stuck txid and started wallet again with -salvagewallet.

Now I have 17 DRK anonymized and a few not. And I have disabled DS for now because I think there is still a problem with the denomination process. Because 63 times a fee for one DS round of only 17 DRK seems to be a lot. And if I set DS rounds to 2 again as the default is the whole game starts again.

No. After I updated to RC4 and denomination began I had 58 transactions, 57 x -0.001 DRK, 1 x -0.004 DRK, but no anonymized balance. Then I have changed DS rounds to 1 and got another 5 denomination fees. 1 transaction got stuck. So I have updated to .29, deleted the stuck txid and started wallet again with -salvagewallet.

Now I have 17 DRK anonymized and a few not. And I have disabled DS for now because I think there is still a problem with the denomination process. Because 63 times a fee for one DS round of only 17 DRK seems to be a lot. And if I set DS rounds to 2 again as the default is the whole game starts again.

Ok. Got it now.

It is fine to have 1.1 or so coins not denominated. If you have more then that it is a problem.

Also, it is fine to turn DS on if you leave the rounds to 1. The reason why you got so many fees before is because there is a issue with rounds > 1.

Race conditions in what area? Please be more specific about the problem :)
I launched it yesterday night and it worked fine, after some hours it started to race again, to 100 + % (i7).
Its not completely unresponsive, but nevertheless the process seems to spawn something unnecessary.
I got Darksend turned off.
http://pastebin.com/MSQPu348
---
I just launched it again and it settled to ~5%.
When it starts again I'll sample it.
--
It started again fast, heres a sample
http://pastebin.com/EwewsJz8

Hmm. Apparently 10.12.30 still very rough around the edges. Happily eating 0.0125 fees for a wallet holding only approx 4 DRK. Two Darksend rounds configured, but not reaching them.

drk8.JPG

Hmm. Apparently 10.12.30 still very rough around the edges. Happily eating 0.0125 fees for a wallet holding only approx 4 DRK. Two Darksend rounds configured, but not reaching them.

Yes, I'm having this same problem with .30 and 2 DS rounds selected. My transaction history looks just like yours.

I've just changed the settings back to 1 round... we'll see what happens.

EDIT: With regard to fees, perhaps they should be kept very low until we have DS working flawlessly.

2ND EDIT: After switching back to 1 round in settings, funds have shown back up in my wallet as anonymized and coin control shows that they went through one successful round of denomination, even though it charged .0125 five times.

I'm using the .30 Mac build.

I launched it yesterday night and it worked fine, after some hours it started to race again, to 100 + % (i7).
Its not completely unresponsive, but nevertheless the process seems to spawn something unnecessary.
So we are talking about high CPU load, not a race condition.
http://pastebin.com/MSQPu348
---
I just launched it again and it settled to ~5%.
When it starts again I'll sample it.
--
It started again fast, heres a sample
http://pastebin.com/EwewsJz8
Thanks for the report!

Yes, I'm having this same problem with .30 and 2 DS rounds selected. My transaction history looks just like yours.

I've just changed the settings back to 1 round... we'll see what happens.

EDIT: With regard to fees, perhaps they should be kept very low until we have DS working flawlessly.

2ND EDIT: After switching back to 1 round in settings, funds have shown back up in my wallet as anonymized and coin control shows that they went through one successful round of denomination, even though it charged .0125 five times.

I'm using the .30 Mac build.

The fees where raised because the lower fees where part of the reason why Darksend never finished. Anyway try the new .31 -- lots of people reporting success on bitcointalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back