• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

RC4 issues, bugs & feature requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still getting

2014-08-16 01:49:51 DoAutomaticDenominating : No funds detected in need of denominating (2)

I have rounds set to :1 and amount to keep anon :20

I have deleted old wallet, made a new one, sent coins to new wallet and still i get the same msg

Edit: Got it to move along by increasing the amount you want to keep anon, over the total amount you have in the wallet.

I think the wording of the option is off, it's working different from the way people are expecting:

My linux wallet set 2k but now have 4.8k anonymized. The variation is too large IMO. It should be addressed or people will get confused.

EDIT: My windows wallet set to 1500 and 2882 tDRK anonymized
So to clear up how this setting works. It's more of a lower boundary, whenever your client has more denominated inputs (of any amount of rounds) than that amount it switches into a mode that ONLY uses the denominated inputs. There's a better way to do this and it's on my list, but I figured this solution was better than the 5000DRK limit. It'll get within a few hundred, at most a thousand.

I second that. eduffield on darkcointalk so many users are following your work and helping you testing and debugging and supporting the bigger thing. Why are you stopping to post updates here?

In addition, following the ANN-thread on bitcointalk is a fulltime job. Could you maybe create a locked thread in here where you only post development updates and release notes, without any discussion allowed?
A big +1 for creating a locked thread with the latest development updates! That will definitely make it easier for anyone to follow development instead of watching 4 threads..

updated to .31 on testnet... went to check rounds... -3 ?

WZD86Ci.png

I think the wording of the option is off, it's working different from the way people are expecting:

OK, so increased the amount of coins u want to stay anon to over the amount i have in my wallet.

My coins have denominated more than 2 times.

But when i go into coin control it shows coins are locked, and will not enter into another round?

Edit: coins will just not enter for another round, they are currently on 2 rounds, but the 3rd just will not happen.

Is this even going to be looked at?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have just posted a reminder in the bitcointalk forum that if somebody thinks they have a problem, report it here.

I'm trying to see if we can separate the FUD from the real issues.

I have just posted a reminder in the bitcointalk forum that if somebody thinks they have a problem, report it here.

I'm trying to see if we can separate the FUD from the real issues.
Good one, so far there seems only to be a issue with wrong vin payed out masternode. Darksend+ works for me, tried denominating my 300DRK wallet several Times with different rounds. Never got in loop, never got locked. If you encounter different behaviour please put it in jira (screenshots, debug.log, steps to reproduce)

Thanks!

Any time I'm on there (shudder) I'll be sure to remind people to report their bugs.

Perhaps other darkcointalk people could do the same?

So much FUD its horrendous but then again we don't want an important bug to pass us by if we ignore that thread...

Mine got stuck after 2 rounds. Trying to do a third but didn't take a payment for a third. So not a recurring fees issue a didn't take the fees issue.

Mine got stuck after 2 rounds. Trying to do a third but didn't take a payment for a third. So not a recurring fees issue a didn't take the fees issue.

What do you mean "got stuck"? Did you set it to 2 rounds, wait for the coins to show up as anonymized, and then switch to 3 -- or set it to 3 from the beginning and it never finishes?

What do you mean "got stuck"? Did you set it to 2 rounds, wait for the coins to show up as anonymized, and then switch to 3 -- or set it to 3 from the beginning and it never finishes?

3 rounds left overnight. Took payments for two rounds completed two rounds. Tried to do a third but hadn't taken payment so keeps going. Changed rounds to 1 - stops trying anon amount unlocked. Change back to 3 and it keeps trying without having taken the third payment.

EDIT: Ok mine resolved itself eventually. Turned darksend off. Restarted client renenabled darksend. An hour or so later it took the missing transaction fee finally. 3 rounds complete.

3 rounds left overnight. Took payments for two rounds completed two rounds. Tried to do a third but hadn't taken payment so keeps going. Changed rounds to 1 - stops trying anon amount unlocked. Change back to 3 and it keeps trying without having taken the third payment.

Hmm. Seems like the Darksend never finishes issue still plagues some. Camo of bitcointalk is complaining about the same.

Does anyone succeed to anonymize smaller amount of coins than the total balance?

I haven't but check out post #81 above. In the worst case the number you set will lead to a few thousand more being anonymized. It is a min value not a cap.

I visit BTCtalk quite often (enjoy the to-and-fro and chaos :p ) but only come here for updates and important info I need which is not that often, so I'll make sure to remind them to post problems here.

EDIT: Ok mine resolved itself eventually. Turned darksend off. Restarted client renenabled darksend. An hour or so later it took the missing transaction fee finally. 3 rounds complete.
That's the way: the client is currently caching the rounds setting (which is a flaw), so you need to restart it once to take effect.

I second that. eduffield on darkcointalk so many users are following your work and helping you testing and debugging and supporting the bigger thing. Why are you stopping to post updates here?

In addition, following the ANN-thread on bitcointalk is a fulltime job. Could you maybe create a locked thread in here where you only post development updates and release notes, without any discussion allowed?

Thanks, vertoe, for this suggestion, it's a good idea to have a thread called "From Evan's Desk" or something like that, and no discussions allowed, only Evan's updates and instructions. :)

Thanks, vertoe, for this suggestion, it's a good idea to have a thread called "From Evan's Desk" or something like that, and no discussions allowed, only Evan's updates and instructions. :)

I agree that new updates in darkcointalk should be posted by a verified darkcoin developer (it would be ideal if Evan posted new updates himself but I can understand if he is busy). If any registered user is allowed to copy Evan's update from bitcointalk and post it in here, then it might encourage a malicious user to add a phishing or virus link and post it in darkcointalk as Evan's original post at bitcointalk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back