• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

RC4 and price

acidburn

Given RC4 has been released, what do you think should happen to the markets? They're very quiet at the minute.

Dont think there will be much of an impact. The price will adjust long term when people realize we are not only announcing stuff "soon" but also delivering working software.

Given RC4 has been released, what do you think should happen to the markets? They're very quiet at the minute.

I guess people will first watch whether RC4 is technically reliable (means no unwanted forks and whatever else happened last time)) and after that the price will go up a bit.

Then the new features are tested by the general public, and if they work as designed and the first publications are written about that the price will finally go up.

Dont think there will be much of an impact. The price will adjust long term when people realize we are not only announcing stuff "soon" but also delivering working software.
Yeap, most people in crypto know nothing about Darkcoin and confuse most alts. Market will kill a few, we'll do more communication... it is gonna take time. Of course, if somewhere in the middle some whale goes shopping the price will raise, but it's gonna take time.

I agree, in the mean time I'm going to keep accumulating and setting up masternodes if Mr Market continues to offload DRKs at anything below $3-4. An average of 1DRK a day return on a 1000DRKs is a 30% annual return on investment (excluding capital gain/loss). VPS for MN costs less that $60 a year (12 DRKs). Peanuts.

Would love 3 or 4 MNs earning me a few DRKs a day when they are worth $200 in a few years time! :wink:

Haha. I wished I could add a few more to my collection. I've got 1.5. Would really love 10 but sadly the price will need to reach £1.

Well, you never know... If BTC and DRK keep tanking like this then we may see £1 a coin in the short term. There's a lot of sell pressure short term and the potential buyers are sitting on the sidelines for now to see how RC4 beds in. Could be an opportunity in the next few weeks to buy some really cheap DRKs. Then again, WTFDIK! :wink:

At the beginning, it was clear that darkcoin is one of the winner, because the darkcoin dev was (in february) the only one who developed his coin. All the other coins were clones. Now this has changed... more and more experienced people in the it sector try to accomplish an anonymous coin with different approaches. Now, after the enormous pump we as community have to push the coin to adoption. And my best guess to succeed is to try to implement darkcoin to openbazaar, or make an inside wallet open bazaar, because this is the real internet revolution which is coming in my opinion.

At the beginning, it was clear that darkcoin is one of the winner, because the darkcoin dev was (in february) the only one who developed his coin. All the other coins were clones. Now this has changed... more and more experienced people in the it sector try to accomplish an anonymous coin with different approaches. Now, after the enormous pump we as community have to push the coin to adoption. And my best guess to succeed is to try to implement darkcoin to openbazaar, or make an inside wallet open bazaar, because this is the real internet revolution which is coming in my opinion.
Are you involved with open bazaar or did you try out the test versions yet?
As far as I understand you can use any currency to pay with...

If you cast your minds back to when BTC and LTC were in the mainstream media there were dozens of articles being written online every day. There would be an article or report about BTC or LTC in every newspaper at least twice a week. Go and do a news search for Darkcoin.

Ok, we might be a little PR light...maybe a press release would be a good thing but the bottom line is that the media just aren't interested at the moment. This is why we aren't attracting the level of new adopters that we would like.

I guess the profile of DRK will increase as and when vendors begin to accept it for payment and also as soon as a bored hack of a journalist somewhere decides to write a bullshit "bombshell" sensationalist article about DRK being a money laundering machine.

Having said that, whilst we need publicity, the wrong kind of publicity will lead to market instability. 12 months ago, every time a positive article about BTC was published the price would go up. Every time a negative article was written, the price would suffer. That isn't necessarily what we want as a community.

The bottom line is if we can get open bazaar ported to DRK then its the first step on a very tall flight of stairs. Once people start paying for goods and services with DRK, the media will follow.

As for the whales, they haven't gone anywhere. They're biding their time. In my humble opinion the big pumps and dumps will be back soon enough. I think one of the concerns to the whales is the performance of BTC at the moment. There aren't too many places you can exchange DRK for FIAT at the moment which means that the whales have limited options for exit plans and are fundamentally tied to the DRK/BTC rate.

Hmm. I just noticed the price and it's gone right down south! I do wonder if it'll keep falling and if so, what can we do about it?

I believe in dark but as other have mentioned, there are other competitors lurking around and trying to win the game too!

I don't think it's just a case of gettin rc4 working and moving on, we need a voice. We need to make a stand.

This is perfect. I'd personally like to see btc sub 400. Many people wont like this but we need to go down until we can ride the wave when wall street comes in and gets us in the upper 2000 together with ebay and all the other corporations.

No, sadly not but my fear is we might loose a good few folks round here.

Let's hope not!
I agree, that is the only thing that worries me about the price. Some people will get disenchanted. We need to be united and stop looking at the price :)

Serious question? What is going on at the moment?

From where I am standing, major bugs have been fixed and we haven't even enforced yet.

Copy/Paste from BTT

Its not just the timing. Its the non-existing outlook. Markets always need something to look out for, some kind of phantasy. That's what makes them advance.

For instance if RC4 would have announced as a fixed date and time, we would have seen a much bigger price rally. People would have set up countdown timers, tweets about upcoming RC4 would have been made etc etc

THATS whats drives markets! You need always to deliver outlooks! At the moment we have no outlook BEYOND RC4. The market recognizes that we will soon have a working anon, nevertheless: "What comes next?"
No matter what comes next it should be communicated early.

OUTLOOK boys, thats all that matters in markets.

Outlook BEYOND RC4.

Back