• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

RC3: Hard Fork on June 20th!

I will try to add the masternode list as seen from the p2pool daemon (using compiled from source 0.9.x branch).

I did nothing except edit darkcoin.conf with darkcoind stopped.

tried running darkcoind and got this... wtf is this !?

localdarknode2@ubuntu:~$ darkcoind
EXCEPTION: N5boost16exception_detail10clone_implINS0_19error_info_injectorINS_15program_options14invalid_syntaxEEEEE
unrecognized line in '\'
darkcoin in AppInit()

There was... damn lag to Singapore playing tricks again... I have no clue why or how, I put a "/" with before the beginning comment.

Nooby question, but now that my node is running is it ok to delete the wallet file? (I have a backup).
Wallet in local machine ?
If you have a backup wallet.dat, you can delete the wallet.dat in local machine.
Before that, make sure darkcoind/darkcoin-qt is not running on your local-machine,
stop darkcoind/darkcoin-qt first,
check again backup is safe.

I'm worried that the fork is a bit on "autopilot" and we'll have many on the wrong forks. People won't just update because they are in sync with our own bubble-reality of DRKness where we monitor these things 24/7 - they have lives to run.

1. There's too little exposure on the fact that there will be a fork. The title of bitcointalk thread should be changed to something like "hardfork on 20th, please update..." until the fork is done.

2. The first post on bitcointalk must also change with the announcement and the proper link (.1 I presume)

3. If announcements have been sent out already to exchanges etc regarding .0, they must be re-notified about .1 - if the two versions are incompatible and create fork issues.

4. Whatever else needs to be done - you add it in the list.

3. If announcements have been sent out already to exchanges etc regarding .0, they must be re-notified about .1 - if the two versions are incompatible and create fork issues.

The versions .0 and .1 are not incompatible and will not create fork issues - nevertheless all miners/pools should be on .1 for the voting to be evenly distributed. Miners with .0 will cause unpaid blocks, since their votes have a higher a probabilty not to get confirmed by network.

Hi,
If a Hot setup is used and and encrypted wallet is uploaded to server, how risky is it?
The wallet is has a 25 characters encryption. Bash history is deleted.

Tried to do the hot cold, but could not make it run.
My local cold wallet is on windows xp (yeap old laptop).
Seen instructions on the forum, but they all use Linux cold pc.
Tried to use the Console in the Debug tab of the program...

When I setup masternode=1 it downloads the testnet3 info. I that okay? (the node is not for testing)

What windows version of the cold wallet?
Any info on how to do it on windows wallet would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Hi,
If a Hot setup is used and and encrypted wallet is uploaded to server, how risky is it?

If you can run a hot wallet then do it but after it's running just delete the wallet file (stop darkcoind, delete wallet, start darkcoind - as chaeplin helped me with earlier in the thread). Obviously have a backup of the wallet first.

Version should be 10.10.1

Hi,
Thanks!
Whatever you do, the moment you enter your wallet passphrase to start the masternode on the server an attacker might be able to steal the passphrase sniffing ps or proc.

Oh remote, delete it.
Remote should holding 0 DRK.
Stop darkcoind, detele the wallet.dat, start darkcoind.
Darkcoind will make a new empty wallet.dat.
So I could start the remote server and after that delete the remote wallet.
Stop it and restart it again ?

Restart with out wallet passphrase?

Sounds like a lot of people are running well with the cold wallet. I'm going to give that a try now on my next master node.

Similar as DrkMiner above I only have windows computers locally (apart from my mining rig, but don't really want to use that for this), I've yet to see anyone say they have started the cold masternode via a local windows computer......if anyone has, please chime in!

Right now, I'm thinking I'll install a live USB unbutu on my computer, and use that.

Yeah!
Managed to use a windows PC for the cold wallet.
Follow chaeplin's guide https://www.darkcointalk.org/threads/how-to-set-up-ec2-t1-micro-ubuntu-for-masternode-part-2-3.241/
For the commands in the guide:
darkcoind masternode genkey
darkcoind masternode start passphrase_of_wallet

Use the windows wallet. Open wallet then goto Help > Debug window > Console tab

Enter masternode genkey (omit darkcoind) click Enter.
Copy the key
Enter masternode start passphrase_of_wallet.

Nice! Appreciate that DarkMiner! Cheers :) That will save me some time :). I'll give this a try tomorrow (via windows :)). ... oh, I assume you used the beta version for the windows as well yeah?

Back