• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Ratings @demo received

Since when is all i say is a good idea something someone else has to do?
That was not my question. Why does someone has to write the code to add the rate limit (or the captcha) feature?
Yes of course someone must do it. All good ideas must be implemented. And all bad ideas must be hidden.

I said its a good idea - it is not supported by our forum software though.
Thats why someone should add a proposal to the budget system, and if the proposal gets voted then code the idea and make the forum support the feature.

If the idea is finally implemented, then, according to the agrement, the code can be sold by the developer or by the community, to the Xenforo forum company (similar to what @Solarminer did, who sold his work, as long as no pre-agreement took place with the community regarding who owns the work.)

Last edited:
A script would rate 30 messages in less than a second so I don't buy your conspiracy theory. "bomb rating" as you call it may not be pleasant but it's a free world (hence your ability to post on here without censorship), the flip side of that is that you're going to get other members of the community disagree with you. Let's face facts, it's not a conspiracy, nobody is "bomb rating" you blindly, it's just that the majority of the community clearly disagree with your view point..

There's nothing wrong with that intrinsically, but you just have to accept it... Either that or take a more positive approach and engage in friendly, positive and constructive debate with community members and try and convince them that your view is the best one..

Creating threads like this where you're basically challenging members and trying to "shame" them over their audacity to disagree with your position will do you no favours around here and will just serve to alienate you further within the community.

I urge you to reflect on this and take appropriate action.

Walter

"bomb rating" as you call it may not be pleasant but it's a free world (hence your ability to post on here without censorship),

If this is how you define censorship, let me tell you that I am delayed when posting messages.
Recently I received a message saying that my post should be delayed for 3 minutes.
So bomb-rating is allowed, but bomb-posting is not allowed so your above argument is invalid.

Last edited:
There's nothing wrong with that intrinsically, but you just have to accept it... Either that or take a more positive approach and engage in friendly, positive and constructive debate with community members and try and convince them that your view is the best one..
I am not trying to convince them. You cannot convince the stupid.
I am trying to shake them.

I am not trying to convince them. You cannot convince the stupid.
I am trying to shake them.

Again, not a helpful post... They're not stupid, they just disagree with you & they don't want (or need) to be shaken either. They need to be engaged in healthy debate with convincing facts and arguments supporting your opinion/view.

Again, not a helpful post... They're not stupid, they just disagree with you & they don't want (or need) to be shaken either. They need to be engaged in healthy debate with convincing facts and arguments supporting your opinion/view.

Have you ever saw @ceti or @Macrochip to be engaged in a healthy debate?
They are just stupid, they have nothing to answer to my arguments, or to any other's arguments.
The only thing they are doing, is to abuse the rate system.

So maybe they are not stupid, they are just sockpuppets used to bomb-rate.

Last edited:
@demo Why did you stop? I am sure it would be very informative for everyone to see how everyone you listed has rated your posts.
Don't forget the <rating history></rating history> too. Because remember that anyone can change their ratings at any time. If you don't, then there will be no record of what happened.
Rate with numbers

@demo Why did you stop? I am sure it would be very informative for everyone to see how everyone you listed has rated your posts.
Don't forget the <rating history></rating history> too. Because remember that anyone can change their ratings at any time. If you don't, then there will be no record of what happened.
Rate with numbers

It is a waste of time to do it manually.
I have to create the script for doing it.
Do you have any idea how I login to xenforo forum using a script?

Code:
#!/bin/bash

#First Login to https://www.dash.org/forum/login/
curl --user name:password https://www.dash.org/forum/login/ -v
#or maybe this?
wget --save-cookies cookies.txt --keep-session-cookies --post-data="username=foo&password=bar" "https://www.dash.org/forum/login/"
#or use  PhantomJS or Selenium ?

Which of the above ways is the more suitable? Or do you have any idea or any "ready to go" script that can do the login job?

If I manage to login into xenforo, then it is easy for me to get the stats and post them.

Rate with numbers

Although it is not a bad tactic to keep the rate history, It is not a priority. Because those ratings have to do with individuals.

The vote history on the other hand it is important to be kept, because the vote refers to the whole community (and not to individuals).

It is important to keep the vote history of the community, because the decisions the community takes are not irrelevant eachother, they depent eachother.

Here follows an example of interdependant votes:

Vote1:Lets go to bed (yes/no/other)
Vote2:Lets wear our shoes (yes/no/other)

It is important to keep the history of the above votes, because if we vote "yes" to the Vote1, in the same time we have to vote "no" in the Vote2. And this can be seen in the vote history. So the vote history shows whether the community is a logical community, or a community of fools.

So when we keep the vote history, we preserve the consistency of the decisions of the community. And also, whithin the examined time frame, we can say whether someone's actions were against the will of the community or not.

Last edited:
Back