Votes: 16 76.2%
  • No

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Abstain

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters

TroyDASH

Jul 31, 2015
This is part of why we need to move away from the pay and pray and more towards legal contracts with a legal entity. I'm not questioning the proposer's intentions at this point, but in most other professional environments, the employer has much more leverage in situations like this than the masternode network currently has.

akhavr

Oct 11, 2014
This is part of why we need to move away from the pay and pray and more towards legal contracts with a legal entity.
Won't work in my case. By limiting to legal contracts with a legal entities you're severely limiting the available project options.

TroyDASH

Jul 31, 2015
Won't work in my case. By limiting to legal contracts with a legal entities you're severely limiting the available project options.
What do you mean by that? It sounds to me like it would be limited to only good, agreeable options...

akhavr

Oct 11, 2014
What do you mean by that? It sounds to me like it would be limited to only good, agreeable options...
No. You would be limited only by projects, that are capable of registering a legal entity in an established regulated environment of first world countries.

TroyDASH

Jul 31, 2015
No. You would be limited only by projects, that are capable of registering a legal entity in an established regulated environment of first world countries.
What places are you referring to where individuals can't even have contractual agreements? As a general rule I don't think it is a good idea to make agreements where all the money is paid up front for a service, with no recourse at all if the service is not delivered or not delivered on time. The way that this is handled may be different from country to country but I think in most cases there should be something..

akhavr

Oct 11, 2014
What places are you referring to where individuals can't even have contractual agreements?
Enforceable agreements? Through litigation? ;)

As a general rule I don't think it is a good idea to make agreements where all the money is paid up front for a service, with no recourse at all if the service is not delivered or not delivered on time. The way that this is handled may be different from country to country but I think in most cases there should be something..
Escrow?

TroyDASH

Jul 31, 2015
Enforceable agreements? Through litigation? ;)

Escrow?
Yes, exactly. The escrow agent does not even have to be in the same jurisdiction. An enforceable contract can govern the release of funds

akhavr

Oct 11, 2014
Yes, exactly. The escrow agent does not even have to be in the same jurisdiction. An enforceable contract can govern the release of funds
Then you don't need a legal entity - just another escrow parties on a multisig address.

TroyDASH

Jul 31, 2015
Then you don't need a legal entity - just another escrow parties on a multisig address.
Multisig could be used but even if you use multisig, a contract can bind the escrow party to govern when they can sign to release the funds,...etc

akhavr

Oct 11, 2014
Multisig could be used but even if you use multisig, a contract can bind the escrow party to govern when they can sign to release the funds,...etc
I was commenting re "legal contracts with a legal entity" part. Escrow party can easily be anonymous or even not a human.

demo

Apr 23, 2016
Dash Address
XnpT2YQaYpyh7F9twM6EtDMn1TCDCEEgNX
I was commenting re "legal contracts with a legal entity" part. Escrow party can easily be anonymous or even not a human.
Yet the job is not done that way, and the money may rest for ever unused.
Thats why you should incentivize others to do that job in case of a deadline.
This will blow fear to the proposal owner and will force him to do the job as fast as possible.

Lomkerp

Nov 14, 2017
Any reason we're choosing a for profit corporation whose software was designed for banks over Stellar's platform which is nonprofit and focused more on individuals?

What about openledger?
What is his personal software ?

Jan 12, 2018
Caracas, Venezuela
dashyouth.org
Dash Address
Xcu6uQQ2DoAgV6Q2G5jhN8pCNhtKdNLFVA
Hey guys, I was wondering if you have considered all the FUD that would come from associating with ripple. Just for risk assessment.

But,
In my opinion, this is one great propasoal.

You have my support!

Cheers,

Santos