• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal: DashTreasury.org - Taking Dash to #1

Hello fellow MNO's -

After a couple months of discovery and development, we are ready to launch DashTreasury.org, a site which aims to vastly increase the benefit Dash derives from its treasury fund. The treasury system is Dash's engine for growth that will give it the power to blast to #1. We believe that if the treasury fund is spent professionally, aggressively, and wisely, that Dash will continue to overstep its competition until Dash is accepted as the transactional currency of choice around the world.

We have all witnessed missteps that the treasury board has taken, but we consider those to be growing pains and learning experiences. Going forward, it is our goal that the treasury funds be used to increase the price of Dash in an aggressive, strategic manner. While Dash's retail product, Evolution, is not yet here, the cryptocurrency market is in a land-grab funding stage. It is in this stage that we need to garner as much funding and positive attention as possible.

At this time, we are not asking for any funding, except to reimburse us for this 5 Dash fee. In the future, as we add features and staffing, we will post separate proposals for funding as needed. This proposal is to gauge support and accept suggestions for additional features.

DashTreasury.org aims to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of the Dash treasury fund by accomplishing several goals:

-Holding past proposal owners accountable. Following up to make sure services are provided and goals are met.

-Increasing the amount of high quality pre-proposals received. Let's see a bigger slice of what's for sale, then pick from the very best.

-Subsidizing "Open Bounties" which have specific strategic benefit to Dash.

-Collecting expert analysis of specific Dash proposals.

-Publicizing Dash Success Stories to win mainstream press attention.

-Proactively soliciting updates from funded proposal owners and offering professional assistance when needed.

-Helping to launch "micro proposals" for small jobs with high ROI.

-Thorough vetting of new proposals to help separate the wheat from the chaff.

Thanks very much for your support. We are completely open to any suggestions that this community has to offer. If you would like to contribute to these goals, please contact us. We're building a team.

We will not stop until Dash is #1. You can count on that.

dashtreasuryscreenshot.png

OK.... Let's look at this from another angle. What are the actual risks we are faceing if this guy/site is being set up as some type of Long Con?
He has no keys, so direct vote fraud is not possible.
He does have the ability to fake MN ownership for accounts that he controls. That is the only weak point that I see.
So my question is... If it is possible to cross confirm accounts and MN ownership in such a way that this threat could be removed?

-Thorough vetting of new proposals to help separate the wheat from the chaff.
We still don't know who you are which is kind of ironic.

What I mean is that I guess to vet proposal you would try to check the identity of the proposal owner right ? Would you mind answering to the many requests about who you guys are ???

Last edited:
Hi, everybody.

Just passing by to tell you all that, so far, my user experience in Dash Treasury has been really nice.

It is a good looking site, and the pre-proposal and, afterwards, proposal submitting was so easy that at first I thought I must have overlooked some part of the process. But I had not. It was THAT easy.

Also, the funding they (and other spontaneus contributors... THANK YOU ALL) gave me was crucial for me to be able to submit my proposal on time.

After @abob54 suggestion, @rango tried to help me claim proposal ownership on Dash Central using my proposal payout adress (they made a feature improvement to enable this ), but it has not been posible because I have it on Jaxx, and it does not support signing verification message.

Well, that has been my experience so far, I hope me sharing it hepls :)

I'm a new member to the DASH community and even I can tell this is shooting red flags like 4th of July beach bananza.. @abob54 you can't just assume everyone is going to be ok with you not revealing your identity when you are proposing the opposite to everyone else. Even if your site is the bee's knees, it's truly nothing without the reassurance and accountability of knowing who runs it and who to point the finger at if things go sour. If you want this proposal taken seriously by anyone here (MNO or not) I suggest you show some transparency and let the poking and investigating begin. Otherwise what ever you have invested so far into this project will be as washed up as Bitcoin will be when DASH takes over. :)

Salud

I'm a new member to the DASH community and even I can tell this is shooting red flags like 4th of July beach bananza.. @abob54 you can't just assume everyone is going to be ok with you not revealing your identity when you are proposing the opposite to everyone else. Even if your site is the bee's knees, it's truly nothing without the reassurance and accountability of knowing who runs it and who to point the finger at if things go sour. If you want this proposal taken seriously by anyone here (MNO or not) I suggest you show some transparency and let the poking and investigating begin. Otherwise what ever you have invested so far into this project will be as washed up as Bitcoin will be when DASH takes over. :)

Salud

I had the same criticism, although for what it's worth, unless I am mistaken I do not think we know the real-world identity of @rango, the longtime dash community member and operator of dashcentral.org, either.

I had the same criticism, although for what it's worth, unless I am mistaken I do not think we know the real-world identity of @rango, the longtime dash community member and operator of dashcentral.org, either.

Hey TroyDASH, I can't confirm or deny that information as I was not present in the DASH community during the time DASH Central was initiated. However, what abob54 is suggesting is a bit more personal and at a much higher security risk IMO. That being said I am only as good as the knowledge and wisdom I have obtained and choose to use. I can't in good conscience see this as a good proposal without someone with a proven identity at the helm of the project.

Since this proposal was created, more than a dozen formal proposals have been submitted through DashTreasury.org, all receiving subsidies from DashTreasury.org to offset the burdensome 5 Dash proposal submission fee. DashTreasury.org has spent over 25 DASH in proposal fees and subsidies, none of which have been reimbursed.

The site is unfunded by the Dash community, and remains self-funded, as a service to enhance Dash.

It's the only purely web-based submission service for proposals and the only place where proposal owners can receive automatic subsidies on every proposal. As opposed to the other submission options available, submissions on DashTreasury.org have a 0% loss rate - no errors, as compared to many tales about using more complicated proposal submission platforms.

It's also the only place that allows MNOs to place ratings on past proposals, and the only place that allows the posting of pre-proposals that can be seamlessly upgraded to formal proposals. More than 40 pre-proposals have been submitted on the site, with over 25% of those converting to formal proposals.

Five of this month's active proposals were submitted through DashTreasury.org and last month five of Dash's funded proposals were submitted at and subsidized by DashTreasury.org.

The great thing about an opensource project is that anyone can participate, and waiting for approval is not necessary.

Back