• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Proposal: Dash Force - Dash Community Energizer

Please could you name these 7 members of team (with info about results of their previous Dash-activity, if available).
It will help to understand the style and potential of this team. Thanks.
They are pointed in the bottom of OP post.

Ok, just started reading this:
https://falkvinge.net/files/2013/04/Swarmwise-2013-by-Rick-Falkvinge-v1.1-2013Sep01.pdf
Why did nobody mention this before?? Not far through it yet but I get what he's talking about and (imho) it should be considered for adoption by the entire project.

However... "You don't choose your friends, they choose you", and in this context, "Leaders aren't named, they are chosen". I that regard this proposal is ironic, naming leaders is forgiveable because that way of thinking is heavily ingrained but naming them as a group on the ideal platform for selecting and funding the ideas we want to express and who we're most willing to follow in expressing them... unforgivable.

Now, I've not read through that doc yet and just the first chapter was full of enlightenments and so I'm probably making a fool of myself with that statement but something about naming a group and saying "here are your leaders" doesn't seem right. Great idea though, even better than great, potentially an idea that can give shape and structure to the entire projects philosophy.

Ok, just started reading this:
https://falkvinge.net/files/2013/04/Swarmwise-2013-by-Rick-Falkvinge-v1.1-2013Sep01.pdf
Why did nobody mention this before?? Not far through it yet but I get what he's talking about and (imho) it should be considered for adoption by the entire project.

However... "You don't choose your friends, they choose you", and in this context, "Leaders aren't named, they are chosen". I that regard this proposal is ironic, naming leaders is forgiveable because that way of thinking is heavily ingrained but naming them as a group on the ideal platform for selecting and funding the ideas we want to express and who we're most willing to follow in expressing them... unforgivable.

Now, I've not read through that doc yet and just the first chapter was full of enlightenments and so I'm probably making a fool of myself with that statement but something about naming a group and saying "here are your leaders" doesn't seem right. Great idea though, even better than great, potentially an idea that can give shape and structure to the entire projects philosophy.

The group will be the whole community. A big chunk of the budget will go towards motivating community members to engage on social media. The permanent team members will act as coordinators. To give you an example, team members will point out to articles where Dash is mentioned or left out for no good reason or misrepresented. Bounties will be given to reward engaged community members that have posted or commented. Of course, the permanent team members will also be the bread and butter of this effort, that constant presence you want to make sure it's there and really active. All the team members have been long time Dash supporters and have showed commitment to the project, proving they can go the distance.

@InTheWoods - is this to energize the existing community (on existing Dash channels) or are you going to go further and engage different people from different communities into discussion?

@InTheWoods - is this to energize the existing community (on existing Dash channels) or are you going to go further and engage different people from different communities into discussion?

The plan is to be actively involved and have a presence on neutral grounds so to speak, on various relevant subreddits, twitter and article sections, whenever appropriate. The idea is to do both, engage current community members and get them to be more actively involved and also reach out outside of the Dash community as well and try bring more people into the fold by making the case for Dash.

Status update:

TDG/The Dash Guy decided to leave the team. I will respect his decision. Buster has decided to join in his place. I think he will make a great addition to the team.

Solution
...Our aim is active engagement, reddit discussions, forums, twitter engagement, article comments. We also aim to weed out Dash disinformation wherever we find it because there's plenty of it and to present the Dash value proposition in a positive manner. ...

I will help you "spread the word" by copy/past your resent posts in Slack to let others understand what is your real position and what kind of "engagement" you are planning:

inthewoods [7:56 AM]
This! Evan stopped coding long time ago and he's just sipping cocktails at events with Daniel the top bullshit artist and a bunch of guys that just fill up space and eat up budget resources.

inthewoods [8:08 AM]
Corruption is too strong when it comes to the Dash budget system at this point to get any significant non core proposals passed. Amanda was different because Dash needed a face and a spokeperson and even core team realized that.

inthewoods [8:54 AM]
remember guys, the word of the day is *fork*

inthewoods [8:55 AM]
We're seriously considering forking the project at this point. Devs that have suggestions or would like to be part of a future decentralized Dash not a one man show centralized bankster project, please send us your thoughts and ideas. We're open to suggestions.
This could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
Libertarian and anarchist haters like BabyG need not apply!
This will be a bankster free project.

Last edited:
that has been a real eye-opener.

I think that it will become bigger "eye-opener" (and force MN OPs to vote more actively and responsible) when we will see titles like "Leader of Dash (slack) community is going to fork Dash project!" in popular Crypto medias and Price of Dash will start dropping accordingly.

Last edited:
alex-ru is correct, InTheWoods is a massive troll and toxic Dash person, he wants to fork Dash with this money.

I was banned in slack by him because I said I would downvote his proposal and the slack proposal.

Slack was great when I first joined, then turned into a toxic negative place where the admins there bash the dev team day in day out.

When they accomplish something small they sing praises at how good they are and how much better they are than the core team......lets just say that place is going downhill so fast.

I am going to stick to being in the background....cant be bothered with so much drama and negativity.

Last edited:
alex-ru is correct, InTheWoods is a massive troll and toxic Dash person, he wants to fork Dash with this money.

I was banned in slack by him because I said I would downvote his proposal and the slack proposal.

Slack was great when I first joined, then turned into a toxic negative place where the admins there bash the dev team day in day out.

When they accomplish something small they sing praises at how good they are and how much better they are than the core team......lets just say that place is going downhill so fast.

I am going to stick to being in the background....cant be bothered with so much drama and negativity.

who are the admins there exactly ?

who are the admins there exactly ?
InTheWoods, The Dash Guy, Buster - are the ones who I have read that thrive on negativity, drama and love to complain at every chance they get. They may have valid points i.e Lamassu transparency...but the remainder is all pure hatred.

If I were a newcomer to Dash and read the things they wrote in Slack, day in day out, I would not invest a cent, nor would I want to help grow the community.

Anyways, I hope things can calm down, my main concern is with voting yes for this proposal, to someone who hates the dash core team and wants to fork dash.

For documentation purpose:

I have just been banned from the "Public Dash Slack" for using the term "twisted logic" in a disussion with one of their mods - while him calling someone a "fucking idiot" is totally OK. Such Force - much Hypocrisy.

upload_2016-10-2_17-10-47.png

Guys, have fun in your kindergarten :)

Pretty sad day - Amanda has left Slack and will no longer be promoting it.....clap clap slack admins, great job! Until certain admins are removed (Buster & InTheWoods primarily) , all this place is doing is damaging Dash.

APcD7Mo.png

4hof2p9.png

dlJskWx.png

Last edited:
This has been an informative thread to read. The inception of DASH force was perhaps one of the most effective efforts. Even though DASH is a great product? It has been the positive promotional efforts and the openness (available info to the public) that has been key. Love to read old blogs comments and vids where ever I can find them....so much good intel to help make informed decisions. The secret to mass adoption. ...oh I loathe to say it but celebrity endorsement and usage always helps.
Other ideas is to target world travelers...airline crews....occupations that frequently travel between countries. ...military. IMO less intranational efforts and more international. ..airports and hotels near them...cruise ships would be a great target. Info session on ship and download and fill wallets. ..disembark and let them shop merchants. ..reboard and on to next destination. ..never having to deal with local fiat exchanges. Organize a DASH cruise if you could swing it.....make sure it visits different sovereign ports and there is a team ahead setting up merchants to accept DASH.

Back