• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal: Would you like this proof of individuality to be implemented in Dash?

Would you like this proof of individuality to be implemented in Dash?

• Total voters
What prevents someone from attending several crypto parties, thus creating several "individuals"?

What prevents someone from attending several crypto parties, thus creating several "individuals"?
Yep... and what about gate crashers?

Maybe we could have some masked 'bouncers' for security.

(Hmmm... but who's gonna watch the watchers I wonder...?)

Any ideas @demo ??

All cryptoparties occur concurrently. It is like the elections day. It is impossible to be in two places at the same time!

Last edited:
Yep... and what about gate crashers?

Maybe we could have some masked 'bouncers' for security.

(Hmmm... but who's gonna watch the watchers I wonder...?)

Any ideas @demo ??
In case someone crashes the door then the cryptoparty is obiously canceled as invalid.
The solution is not masked bouncers but rather rooms where the door cannot be crashed.
A cryptoparty may elect its trusted watchers which mission will be to attend other cryptoparties at the day the next concurrent cryptoparties will take place again (normaly the concurrent cryptoparties may occur every 2 or 4 years)

Last edited:
In case someone crashes the door then the cryptoparty is obiously canceled as invalid.
The solution is not masked bouncers but rather rooms where the door cannot be crashed.
A cryptoparty may elect its trusted watchers which mission will be to attend other cryptoparties at the day the next concurrent cryptoparties will take place again (normaly the concurrent cryptoparties may occur every 2 or 4 years)
Fabulous!

Fabulous!
Additionaly there is no reason for a group of people to want to crash the door of a cryptoparty.
They can create their own concurrent cryptoparty in another room, so for what reason they want to crash the door?

Additionaly there is no reason for a group of people to want to crash the door of a cryptoparty.
They can create their own concurrent cryptoparty in another room, so for what reason they want to crash the door?
They could be working for the Feds... or they could be archons (or some shit like that.)

They could be working for the Feds... or they could be archons (or some shit like that.)
There is nothing illegal in the proof of individuality concurrent cryptoparties, so the feds are not legalized to crash the door. However the feds can show their credentials to the attendees and then attend the party as individuals, and confirm that nothing illegal occurs during the proof of individuality procedure.

Last edited:
The Feds could attend undercover upon the basis of mere suspicion of illegality alone. They would need to provide no further justification.

Perhaps the individual agent may not want to blow his (or her) individual cover, and yet still announce their affiliation with the FBI...so perhaps they could reveal that they are from the FBI, by all promising to wear the anonymous mask from "V"and to flash a picture of J.Edgar Hoover when asked for their credentials.

Surely, this would be a workable remedy to this urgent problem?

The Feds could attend undercover upon the basis of mere suspicion of illegality alone. They would need to provide no further justification.

Perhaps the individual agent may not want to blow his (or her) individual cover, and yet still announce their affiliation with the FBI...so perhaps they could reveal that they are from the FBI, by all promising to wear the anonymous mask from "V"and to flash a picture of J.Edgar Hoover when asked for their credentials.

Surely, this would be a workable remedy to this urgent problem?

Let the feds do whatever they want. There is no problem whatever they decide to do.

The only problem is when someone crashes the door and many people enter the room after the procedure has started. In that case the proof of individuality prodedure is canceled and has to be repeated.

But this is impossible to happen, because normal people have no reason to crash the door and the feds are not legalized to do that.

Last edited:
8828b82c7ac1dc5067b2ad794db326b09d986bcf.jpg

<vote history>
*yes 2 vote(s) 33.3%
no 4 vote(s) 66.7%
other 0 vote(s) 0.0%
</vote history>

if you need the third vote to start coding, I would rather have you code the vote by number (and take the median). Which instead is really important, and I am sure someone will use sooner or later.

I manage to compile PIVX successfully.
This is the first step in order to be able to do small changes and code the vote by numbers.

Last edited:
Yet some other questions. (I am planning to write down a FAQ, so I put all questions asked here in this thread)
So have events for people put empty wallets in a box how do we prevent people from going to multiple events or going to the same event multiple times?
It is impossible for people to go to multiple events or go to the same event multiple times. Because all the events are closed door events, they happen the exact same time, and their proceedings are broadcasted in the internet with a camera. Additionally, just before the event ends and the doors open again, a web of trust among separate events is created and signed. All the attendees of all events share a common total amount of money (as basic income), so there is great incentive for the attendees of all events not to sign other events that are not appropriate.
The concurrency of events may have an exception, if we talk about events happen in separate continents (ex. Asia and America). In that case the events may happen in such a difference of time that it will be impossible for an individual to attend two events.

Are we looking for a list of dash users I see how bad actors can cause issues with this method more so the requiring 1000 dash being owned to vote.
Everyone is marked as individual (while remain anonymous). So the community knows the individuals, and can take measures against bad individual actors, in case they over do it.

<vote history>
*yes 2 vote(s) 25.0%
no 6 vote(s) 75.0%
other 0 vote(s) 0.0%
</vote history>

Last edited:
If there was a way to do this without compromising someones real world identity I don't see any down sides..Is this even possible though?

If there was a way to do this without compromising someones real world identity I don't see any down sides..Is this even possible though?
I cannot think how it is possible to compromise someones real world identity using this system. Can you think a possible scenario?

Last edited:
what you are suggesting isn't proof of individuality. At best its probable individuality.
For the people who attend the meeting it is definitely a proof of individuality.

For the external observers it may be a probable individuality, but the probabiliy increases in case the external observers are allowed to watch the procedure, or even better in case the external observers can send a trusted representative to attend the in question meeting.

So if you suspect that a meeting is fake or if you suspect that their attendes do not follow the correct procedures and protocols, then your meeting may elect a trusted representative and send him to attend the in question meeting, the next time the concurrent meetings will occur (normally every 2 or 4 years)

Last edited:
Let me clarify also that the closed door meeting doesnt necessarily need to be a room.
It can be a closed door stadium with numbered seats positioned in such a way, that everyone could easily count and confirm how many the attendees are.

<vote history> <-- why vote history is usefull?
*yes 4 vote(s) 40.0%
no 6 vote(s) 60.0%
other 0 vote(s) 0.0%
</vote history>

@Skatopia welcome to the yes club! :)
If you organize this type of proof of individuality in skatopia, do it early in the morning.
The attendees are supposed to count how many participated in the meeting and confirm the number.
Early in the morning not everyone is drunk in Skatopia, and this is good because the more drunk people you have, the more see double, thus the more count double, so the more people will continuously shout "objection" !:p

<vote history> <-- why vote history is usefull?
*yes 5 vote(s) 41.7%
no 7 vote(s) 58.3%
other 0 vote(s) 0.0%
</vote history>

Last edited:
Back