• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal - Visual Identity

Status
Not open for further replies.
@TanteStefana Oh... we can do everything we want :)
But I think as soon as we are going back to that one, mainstream adoption is going bye bye :)

Unique and original logo ?
rukes-ultra-2016-purple.jpg

@ JOL Isn't that just a on/off button?
The video that Triptolemoose posted helped me in my acceptance process of the T&C logo.
But.... both have been rejected, so what happens now?
Back to the drawing board? Or just continue using what we have?

This was a special case. This vote didn't require a supermajority to win. It was a simple preference vote, which ever logo wins with more Yes vs No votes, as long as the network had 20% participation (~960 MN).

Unless some votes change in the next 10 minutes, Tharp & Clark have won the vote by a 250+ lead and satisfied the 20% MN participation requirement.

Congratulations Tharp & Clark, and thanks to the all the community members who took the time to participate in discussions and vote.

The O&M logo says "Hi, we're a company, and we've got a little icon next to our name to prove it." The T&P logo says "There's a new way to pay, and it's called Dash."

Dash is not a company. What's more, the T&P logo has a potential Unicode "D" symbol baked right in, which both preserves the spirit of the current logo and gives a handy currency symbol.

So I vote for T&P's design.

Well said, My Fair Lady! Thank you for providing leadership in this crucial matter.

We risk having an unnecessary hate it or love it logo change and divide/split in community or we could keep on trucking with what we already have and keep everyone happy. Everyone was happy up until now. Nothing has changed in my eyes. I believe MNO's were most interested and eager for a major advertising & marketing strategy campaign push in preparation for Evolution over rebranding.

Vote #Remain

Please don't make this into an emotional/nationalistic Brexit debate. Let's stay calm and let the Masternode votes (in accordance with Core Group guidance) decide.

You should disclose your preference being the result of obsessively shopping the old, outdated Dash logo onto a million pieces of clip art, something nobody told/asked/wanted you to do.

You guys are making a complete mess of this. This proposal is not about currency symbols or "iconic D"s. Go ahead and show me where it says that?

Mercedes Benz, a three point star, originally represented their ambition to rule over "air, land and sea". How many of you knew that? - none? - why not? So who do you think is going to look at that finger in a hole and think "dash"?? The general public doesn't care for your "heritage" and the people putting genomic registration on the dash blockchain aren't thinking about "cash". How small your minds to think that the height of dash's success is to be cash, or stuck with a bland icon that has outstayed it's welcome. All that pent-up nostalgia has gone to your head.

Additionally, if either of these icons are implemented without passing super majority, then kiss goodbye to your "DAO"; the start of a very slippery slope. It would, I suppose, be a governance fork, choosing to abuse the tool you live and die by.

Say it whatever way you want, I'm not using the new logo.

@GrandMasterDash you need to calm the hell down and get a grip. Nobody wants to watch your negativity and hysteria melt down into a full blown tantrum complete with threats to rage quit.

Amanda has provided the thought leadership we needed to rally around our new T&C logo.

All you have to do is follow her lead, or shut up and get out of our way. Pick one and stop your bitching and pouting ASAP.

Dash used to be Darkcoin until Evan decided it would be rebranded, so you can't really use the excuse that you didn't know another rebranding was likely to follow the Xcoin/Darkcoin precedents.

You signed up for Dash's DGBB and are free to leave at anytime if the Masternode votes and Core Group governance hurt your precious little feelings.

Don't stick around here loitering while spreading FUD and making our community toxic; just leave if you don't like the way our DAO and Core Group are running things.

1) - The fact that a logo is also adopting passing Dash code rules, can be a point that needs to be taken seriously.
2) - We have no studies validating T&C's statements. And what says T&C and those who introduced this company can only be taken as a biased opinion.

1) - The fact that a logo is also adopting passing Dash code rules, can be a point that needs to be taken seriously.
2) - We have no studies validating T&C's statements. And what says T&C and those who introduced this company can only be taken as a biased opinion.

It's too late for that to matter; at this point negativity and nitpicking are just concern trolling because they won't change anything.

T&C already won the vote, so forget about your silly bike lock/slave shackle logo and get with the T&C program (or make a another proposal with a superior logo/branding partner).

Say it whatever way you want, I'm not using the new logo.

To be clear. If the network vote to fund payment to Tharp & Clark in order to use the new branding (I.E. Our chosen branding gets supermajority in the follow-up proposal next month), will you agree to the result of that vote, and switch to using the new T&C logo moving forward - therefore respecting the decision of the Dash DAO (MNOs and Core) regardless of your strongly held personal opinions?

To be clear. If the network vote to fund payment to Tharp & Clark in order to use the new branding (I.E. Our chosen branding gets supermajority in the follow-up proposal next month), will you agree to the result of that vote, and switch to using the new T&C logo moving forward - therefore respecting the decision of the Dash DAO (MNOs and Core) regardless of your strongly held personal opinions?

Yes, totally, I have always done this. It's not possible for the outcome to always be in our favor, we all make the same compromises. I have always respected the outcome.

Yes, totally, I have always done this. It's not possible for the outcome to always be in our favor, we all make the same compromises. I have always respected the outcome.

The old logo is not voted, so IMHO T&C is legitimated to substitute it.
Instead of complaining, you' ve better demand for this case to become the rule.

A voted decision that has more "yes" than "no", substitutes whatever status quo is not voted.
Will you fund this governance question?

Demo says that because the old logo was not voted in, in his opinion, the new T&C logo also doesn't need to be voted in. I'd considering agreeing with this to some degree if it wasn't a budget decision, however, because we will be paying for the rights to use the T&C logo, it really needs to hit the 10% supermajority to receive funding, as that's how the funding works in Dash.

However, if the T&C funding proposal doesn't receive supermajority and community members choose to donate funds to buy the rights (or core choose to draw from their existing budget to cover it, as is their prerogative), then Demo might have a point, and the YES voting community (or core) might not need a supermajority win to roll out the new T&C logo and replace the current logo within their marketing. What are your thoughts on this?

The payment was agreed in Euros direct with core, so not sure how that affects things.

Demo says that because the old logo was not voted in, in his opinion, the new T&C logo also doesn't need to be voted in. I'd considering agreeing with this to some degree if it wasn't a budget decision, however, because we will be paying for the rights to use the T&C logo, it really needs to hit the 10% supermajority to receive funding, as that's how the funding works in Dash.

However, if the T&C funding proposal doesn't receive supermajority and community members choose to donate funds to buy the rights (or core choose to draw from their existing budget to cover it, as is their prerogative), then Demo might have a point, and the YES voting community (or core) might not need a supermajority win to roll out the new T&C logo and replace the current logo within their marketing. What are your thoughts on this?

The payment was agreed in Euros direct with core, so not sure how that affects things.

I think it would be a great advertising opportunity to open up the logo to a public competition. Let's say, a $50K prize with the condition that the winner must get super majority. It would highlight the strength of dash's governance, that you can't just walk in and make changes.

I'm not entirely sure about the mechanics but perhaps utilize a non-free sms vote to determine who goes into the final proposal.

Let's not forget that T&C had the privilege of seeing O&Ms entry before all MNOs. They are the ones that made this a two horse race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back