• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

(Pre-Proposal) DASHPayCard - DASH Branded Debit Card + Fiat/Dash Integration

If you want to get this card in the hands of as many people as possible, use the profit stream to lower fees. It's an obvious selling point that will differentiate this from other card options the customer will see. It's so obvious, Dash already has "be your own bank" how about "be your own credit card company" as well.

Thats what Im going to do.

How about 50/50
Lower fees (50%) and the rest goes towards a lottery among cardholders ..
So you get insentiviced to have a card say once every blue moon some Duffs pops into your wallet :D
(Duff = same same what Satoshis are in BTC)

Great to see @CharlieShrem on board. Awesome idea!
I have a question regarding DASH -> fiat conversion with payza. When does the conversion take place? When transfering DASH to the payza account or when spending them with the card?

If you want to get this card in the hands of as many people as possible, use the profit stream to lower fees. It's an obvious selling point that will differentiate this from other card options the customer will see. It's so obvious, Dash already has "be your own bank" how about "be your own credit card company" as well.
This.
Thats what Im going to do.
Nice.

Also...

If this is doing
DASH>fiat
and
fiat>DASH

@CharlieShrem really, really needs to talk to @kodaxx

I will work with the Payza development team to integrate the ability to sell DASH onto the card and buy DASH as well.
Payza will have the full integration locked down. They have been doing BTC <--> fiat since 2014 that I set up.
"Locked down" could mean a lot of things...

So, they've got it handled, or they're going to stand in the way because they have other interests?

Seriosuly. Talk to @kodaxx

Last edited:
@CharlieShrem proposal looks great and will greatly help provide services and access to those countries outside the western bubble. Card design looks fantastic as well. Very excited about this. 3 month delivery timescale also seems very promising and fair. Now that the proposal is live to increase maximum exposure and gain support, can I suggest you do a tweet about proposal with card image. The more coverage and social backing your proposal gets the more inclined the masternode holders will be to back you. Also considering time limitation on proposal and due to the magnitude of this proposal in terms of details, I think it would be very wise for you to do a special spotlight proposal interview with @amanda_b_johnson This way you can address the most common FAQ and go in to more details about your vision for project. I wish you success.

@CharlieShrem proposal looks great and will greatly help provide services and access to those countries outside the western bubble. Card design looks fantastic as well. Very excited about this. 3 month delivery timescale also seems very promising and fair. Now that the proposal is live to increase maximum exposure and gain support, can I suggest you do a tweet about proposal with card image. The more coverage and social backing your proposal gets the more inclined the masternode holders will be to back you. Also considering time limitation on proposal and due to the magnitude of this proposal in terms of details, I think it would be very wise for you to do a special spotlight proposal interview with @amanda_b_johnson This way you can address the most common FAQ and go in to more details about your vision for project. I wish you success.

Good idea!

I picked up a bitpay card a couple months ago and have not loaded it up yet.. it's hard for me to release crypto into fiat.
The same would probably happen with a dash debit card, but I still would want one asap.

I was thinking...

I assume a lot of MNOs might signup for this card and transfer part of their rewards to the card. And thus (without mixing) it would be relatively easy to identify MNOs. But I don't say this in a negative way, it makes me think that Mr Shrem would be in a good position to be an independent agent for Proof of Uniqueness.. that is to say, every card issued would be AML'd / KYC'd and every load directly from a MN / miner could trigger an event. And this is exactly what dash needs; proof that MNs really are distributed and not tied up in the hands of a few.

More so, being able to distinguish between card loading from MN / miners / end users might have other benefits... not sure what exactly but perhaps something like a Dash Prime Members Club... luxury discounts? I don't know, I'm just throwing the idea out there....

Back