• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

(Pre-Proposal) DASHPayCard - DASH Branded Debit Card + Fiat/Dash Integration

Again Welcome aboard @CharlieShrem .. this looks like it will get my MN votes.

My only suggestion/questions.

can/should we have the QR code and dash addy on the back to send funds to? Also consider the EVO release and being able to send coins to a username.

I thought about this. As it is, the card design should be approved. However adding a QR code on the back could cause the card to not be approved by Mastercard.

Cannot wait to use this. I have been wanting something like a Bitpay card, but loaded with Dash for a while. Thanks for doing this, you have my votes, and welcome to Dash. :)

Awesome! This is a step in the right direction. Glad to see you're on board with Dash Nation. Keep up the great work Charlie. The crypto space is indebted to visionaries as yourself.

I'd like to add some feedback about profit sharing with this proposal, ie : if there are some profit to be made then the profit should be evenly distributed to all MN which voted yes and still active. I think this is the most reasonable way to share the profit.

A welcomed idea. Thanks Charlie. There are other offerings but the "elephant in the room" is that they are offered to nearly everyone except US persons. Will your card be USA OK? Additionally, how do the information swaps with the US Gov. play in to it vs. other countries?

I'd like to add some feedback about profit sharing with this proposal, ie : if there are some profit to be made then the profit should be evenly distributed to all MN which voted yes and still active. I think this is the most reasonable way to share the profit.
If the profits are available as Dash, one way to redistribute them would be to burn them. Another would be to split them among all active masternodes. If profit-sharing goes only to the masternodes that voted yes, that creates a perverse incentive.
(Not to mention logistical problems when a masternode moves to a new address, or when there are only a couple untouched masternodes still running on their original collateral address)

I think it should be distributed to all stakeholders. Unless you think otherwise?

No, you should distribute all profits to yourself and buy a Lamborghini ;) Making a Dash debit card available in the US would be well worth the proposed amount imho but if there are profits to re-invest then things like sign up offers and fee reductions could be better than re-distribution amongst masternodes.

I think it should be distributed to all stakeholders. Unless you think otherwise?
Im lost here.. you want the potential profit from this deal to give MNs part of the profit ? I knew that was a theoretical possibility. But you are actually going to be the first to prove that that possibility is real ? If im understanding you correctly my mind is blown !!

No, you should distribute all profits to yourself and buy a Lamborghini ;) Making a Dash debit card available in the US would be well worth the proposed amount imho but if there are profits to re-invest then things like sign up offers and fee reductions could be better than re-distribution amongst masternodes.

i surely wont take sign up fee reduction and tell everyone that im a MN owner by doing that.

Im lost here.. you want the potential profit from this deal to give MNs part of the profit ? I knew that was a theoretical possibility. But you are actually going to be the first to prove that that possibility is real ? If im understanding you correctly my mind is blown !!

I thought this is the original value of our funding system that one day will fund a profit generating business.

Last edited:
Thanks for doing a pre-proposal, and talking to the team first. Very wise. If your final proposal includes a commitment to report project status and funds usage on a regular basis. You have my votes also.

PS: Welcome to Dash Charlie, we're happy to have you contributing to our ecosystem.

Charlie was very professional and approached us to get advice on the process to get his first Dash project considered by the community. After spending a lot of time with him on the phone discussing it I firmly believe this is a great opportunity for Dash. Hopefully the community agrees and supports it. I advised him to start with a pre-proposal discussion so he had the chance to gather feedback ahead of making an official proposal. There are many other projects we can do in the future, this is hopefully the start of a great relationship.

Daniel, Can you provide some pricing information when the time comes? If Charlie will be asking for funding then can we assume it would be a not-for-profit endeavor by him? If it's not a non-profit then why wouldn't the profits from the business compensate him enough to not need funding from us? Will we be able to get a sense of fair value ie. not being overcharged as we are not in the business? Thanks.

Thanks for doing a pre-proposal, and talking to the team first. Very wise. If your final proposal includes a commitment to report project status and funds usage on a regular basis. You have my votes also.

PS: Welcome to Dash Charlie, we're happy to have you contributing to our ecosystem.

Sure. I'm happy to provide a weekly update and funds usage! Ill add it to the proposal. Thanks

Not just MN owners, any user. Proposing to make a profit for masternode owners is very welcome but using those profits to incentivise adoption would have more benefit imho.

The nature of this kind of business will incorporate as many coin as possible including our competing coin. If even our competing coin got benefit from this, why our MN which fund this business being left out ?

Daniel, Can you provide some pricing information when the time comes? If Charlie will be asking for funding then can we assume it would be a not-for-profit endeavor by him? If it's not a non-profit then why wouldn't the profits from the business compensate him enough to not need funding from us? Will we be able to get a sense of fair value ie. not being overcharged as we are not in the business? Thanks.

Methods to distribute this endeavor's profits to dash holders are being discussed in this thread....

Crazy idea, but I wonder if we couldn't do something like airdrop profits to all dash wallets biased by the amount of dash held. Almost like a proof-of-stake type system. Then you could worry less about the appearance of proposers buying MN votes as profits would go to all. Just a thought...

Hey All!

After speaking to many in the DASH community and business development team, I've decided to make a pre-proposal and I'm excited to announce the creation of the DASHPayCard! In addition, I will be working to integrate DASH into Payza for a fiat to DASH gateway.

Anything that makes it easier for the common person to buy, sell and use dash is a very welcome development. My only concern is there going to be a way for users to fully control their private key account or is this more along the lines of deposit what you can afford to lose? Knowing that dash operates on a security spectrum, will this proposed service have a similar spectrum?

Back