• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal : Dash to fund Proof of Bandwidth cryptocoins

Would you like Dash to fund Proof-of-Bandwidth coins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

demo

After the DDos attack, I think it is urgent for the Dash community to research, invest and buy coins that are towards the Proof of Bandwidth (or Proof of Service) direction.

Google it, and you will find some early tries like bitcloud, Torcoin e.t.c.

In the future the DDos attacks against the dominant cryptocoin will increase.
Whole states may attack it, because it will be a threat against their banks.
And the states own a lot of bandwidth.
Only in case the cryptocurrency network owns bandwidth outside the control of the state (e.x. the wireless networks), and only if the cryptocurrency network is able to buy bandwidth by using bandwidth coins, only then the disaster (in case the DDos occurs) will be avoided.

Last edited:
I always thought proof of bandwidth was rather impossible to do. There is so much trickery you can play with bandwidth shaping. Proof of connectivity, response time, or uptime is perhaps different.

The point of having hundreds of masternodes is to protect against ddos. The ddos showed what ones were running on insufficient hardware. The only concern i have is that many of them are hosted at one facility due to either one person owning many nodes or a hosting provider being popular.

If you want to be secure against state control it's just a question of implementing all the techniques around firewalls. The network should run on common ports. Beyond that you could make node data look more like common data. Total network bandwidth is not a issue and will increase as node requirements go up.

I always thought proof of bandwidth was rather impossible to do. There is so much trickery you can play with bandwidth shaping. Proof of connectivity, response time, or uptime is perhaps different.

The point of having hundreds of masternodes is to protect against ddos. The ddos showed what ones were running on insufficient hardware. The only concern i have is that many of them are hosted at one facility due to either one person owning many nodes or a hosting provider being popular.

If you want to be secure against state control it's just a question of implementing all the techniques around firewalls. The network should run on common ports. Beyond that you could make node data look more like common data. Total network bandwidth is not a issue and will increase as node requirements go up.

The issue here is not about total network bandwidth. It is about how much bandwidth every single masternode serves. This is where the proof of bandwidth stands.

If my masternode serves 100 Mbps and your masternode serves 1 Mbps, why we should gain the same Masternode daily payment?

@UdjinM6 , @camosoul come here and get him! I discovered that @ampp is yet another communist!

Last edited:
I'm just providing feedback. What is stopping several masternodes and fake clients to be linked in a data-center and constantly transferring data over private links?

I think you would need trusted nodes that do bandwidth testing randomly from many locations. Any self reporting would be bad. But then you are doing proof of bandwidth capacity and not proof of bandwidth / data usage.

Edit: sadly the best way to secure the network/and cheapest is to DDoS nodes so they don't get their payouts ;) Not sure the bad actors have realized that it is helpful.

Last edited:
demo is demo was demo and ...
ignore and move on ;)

One additional vote in the poll is not a good justification for bumping a 3-5 month old thread. This vote history thing is getting ridiculous...
@tungfa @aleix

It is much more important to inform the community when a member of the community changes or expresses his opinion on a matter, than to alert the community for the blatant chattering of yours, of mine, or of any other member.

But everything has reversed order over here, and the bad prevails. Thats why there are automatic alerts for the blatant chattering of yours and of mine, while the opinion alert has to be performed manually. By me only and nobody helps me. Not only you dont help me, but you want me to stop and this is yet another sign of the complete stupidity of this community.

The complete idiot Dash community didnt fund Tezos, but some others did, with an amount you cannot even dream of. We are talking about 443,902,000 USD (dash capitalization is 2,794,657,780 USD). The 1/6 of the whole dash!!!!

Lets watch who was right and who was wrong, after some years. Thats why we keep the vote history. For everyone to know in the future, who the idiots were.

<vote history> <-- why vote history is usefull?
Would you like Dash to fund Proof-of-Bandwidth coins?
*yes 1 vote(s) 10.0%
no 6 vote(s) 60.0%
other 0 vote(s) 0.0%
potato 3 vote(s) 30.0%
</vote history>

Last edited:
It is much more important to inform the community when a member of the community changes or expresses his opinion on a matter, than to alert the community for the blatant chattering of yours, of mine, or of any other member.

But everything has reversed order over here, and the bad prevails. Thats why there are automatic alerts for the blatant chattering of yours and of mine, while the opinion alert has to be performed manually. By me only and nobody helps me. Not only you dont help me, but you want me to stop and this is yet another sign of the complete stupidity of this community.

No, it isn't important to inform the community when somebody votes or changes their vote in a forum poll which is not even part of our governance. If somebody feels strongly about something or if they think it is important and worth bringing to other people's attention then they will actually post in the thread.

@tungfa the leash is way too long here IMO...we shouldn't have people constantly bumping their own necro threads when there is zero value added other to inform everybody that one more random person voted. Threads need to be locked or additional mod action taken...or hell, give him what he wants and create a new forum feature to log the vote history...

@demo near the top right of the page is a link "Watch Thread". Anyone can get alerts about any thread (though probably not changes in a poll). But regardless, this feature is there for anyone that's particularly interested in a thread. If not, they will not subscribe to it.

No, it isn't important to inform the community when somebody votes or changes their vote in a forum poll which is not even part of our governance. If somebody feels strongly about something or if they think it is important and worth bringing to other people's attention then they will actually post in the thread.
It is not about bringing attention. It is about counting the consensus.
How do you count the consensus on a subject, if there is only talk and no vote at all?
Are you one of these stupid who believe that consensus can appear if there is no counting?
Isnt exactly this consensus counting philosophy which differenciates Dash to Bitcoin?

@tungfa the leash is way too long here IMO...we shouldn't have people constantly bumping their own necro threads when there is zero value added other to inform everybody that one more random person voted.
We are not random persons. We are persons.

And at least in my polls, everyone who voted is visible. You can see who voted what, You can see what the persons you trust voted.

As long as everything is trasparent and visible, you can also exclude from your personal calculation of the consensus all the votes of the obvious trolls, of the dublicate accounts, of the cluless noobs, of the non masternodes, of the masternodes who usally vote for their own benefit and against the community, of the people who have been continuoulsy proved stupids if you look at their voting history, or of whoever else you think it is appropriate.

Threads need to be locked or additional mod action taken...or hell, give him what he wants and create a new forum feature to log the vote history...
It is not about a new forum. It is about a forum plugin. You cannot separate votes from arguments and talks.

Last edited:
i am shutting 'this party" down
enough is enough
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back