• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal : Dash to fund followmyvote

Would you like Dash to fund followmyvote in order they put all the votes of Dash into the blockhain?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How much funding? Would they feature a "Sponsored by Dash" or some equivalent message on their site?

Interesting idea, voted yes.

@demo typo in your poll: It's blockchain

The system does not allow me to change the subject of the poll (and this rule is correct of course).
Mea culpa!
I hope everybody understands that blochain=blockchain

<vote history>
Would you like Dash to fund followmyvote in order they put all the votes of Dash into the blochain?
yes 2 vote(s) 66.7%
no 1 vote(s) 33.3%
other 0 vote(s) 0.0%
</vote history>

How much funding? Would they feature a "Sponsored by Dash" or some equivalent message on their site?

Why not? If this pre-proposal becomes a proposal and gets voted, then someone should contact them and do the negotiations.

is it mean that all voting that happen it that site are stored in Dash ? hmmm.... interesting, however i dont know if it will be a burden to our blockchain or even if it is possible ?

First we apply this to MNOs and we bring proper governance to dash. That is MNOs not MNs, because I want to know every individual MNO has an equal voice, regardless of how many MNs they own. This is particularly important regarding strategic direction. After a short period, once this process is proved, then we make this available to EVERY SINGLE DASH USER, because without their input, dash will invariably stray from their vision.

Secondly (and not a part of this proposal), dash needs an independent auditor whereby no modifications can be made to the official sources and binaries without express approval of MNOs. Crypto needs to be locked down and closer to being a hard asset.. not making fundamental material changes without end user input.

Of course, the current batch of forum readers here will mark my post as dumb or trolling because they are parasites with zero interest in what end users want. We need to rid dash of such corruption and properly utilise blockchain tech for one of it's big stand out examples, namely voting.

The weird phrasing of the question leaves me unsure of what it's asking. But, @demo posted it, so my answer is potato.

Add Option #4: Potato to the poll so I can answer.

First we apply this to MNOs and we bring proper governance to dash. That is MNOs not MNs, because I want to know every individual MNO has an equal voice, regardless of how many MNs they own. This is particularly important regarding strategic direction.

I don't get what is wrong with having voting power proportional to the stake you hold. And I don't know how you would plan to implement a voting system that would distinguish the owners from the nodes.

is it mean that all voting that happen it that site are stored in Dash ? hmmm.... interesting, however i dont know if it will be a burden to our blockchain or even if it is possible ?
I think he means that important votes should be cast by dash holders, similarly to Bitcoinocracy (vote.bitcoin.com), using followmyvote technology. I think they use the bitshares blockchain for storing vote information.https://followmyvote.com/

I don't get what is wrong with having voting power proportional to the stake you hold. And I don't know how you would plan to implement a voting system that would distinguish the owners from the nodes.

Yes, proportional to stakes held if it is all dash and all people, but masternodes don't work that way. Say, for example, I have 50 MNs, I can accumulate a new MN every 10 weeks ( 1000 / (50 x 2 = 100 ). Yet for one MN it would take 500 weeks ( 1000 / (1 x 2) ). Given there is a maximum number of MNs possible, and given the value of the initial MNs are purchased with a different currency (say USD), then it doesn't seem very proportional or fair to the vast majority of the population. The system basically funnels down to just a few large stake holders.

There needs to be a separation between voting power (per unique person) and the dash earned through MNs. If you read the link that demo provided, it hints at how unique people are identified (via webcam)... certainly with a just a few hundred MNOs (at best), it seems highly achievable. We can attempt mass registration at a later date, but first we start small and try it with just MNOs.

First we apply this to MNOs and we bring proper governance to dash. That is MNOs not MNs, because I want to know every individual MNO has an equal voice, regardless of how many MNs they own. This is particularly important regarding strategic direction. After a short period, once this process is proved, then we make this available to EVERY SINGLE DASH USER, because without their input, dash will invariably stray from their vision.

Secondly (and not a part of this proposal), dash needs an independent auditor whereby no modifications can be made to the official sources and binaries without express approval of MNOs. Crypto needs to be locked down and closer to being a hard asset.. not making fundamental material changes without end user input.

Of course, the current batch of forum readers here will mark my post as dumb or trolling because they are parasites with zero interest in what end users want. We need to rid dash of such corruption and properly utilise blockchain tech for one of it's big stand out examples, namely voting.

I rather agree with your approach, but lets first concentrate to put the whole voting system of Dash into the Dash blockchain. This is the question we address here. The rest steps you are mentioning, should be the subject of other polls that will follow this one, and that will depend on the result of this one (but lets not explain the dependant polls theory here, as it is somehow complicate)

So, in order not to confuse people, lets first concentrate to what I marked as bold in your message.

Dont bother with this question here. This question should be the subject of another poll.
The decision here is whether (with the help of followmyvote) we shall put the existing budget system into the blockchain database.

<vote history>
Would you like Dash to fund followmyvote in order they put all the votes of Dash into the blockhain?
yes 5 vote(s) 50.0%
no 5 vote(s) 50.0%
other 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Potato to the poll so I can answer. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
</vote history>

Last edited:
Yes, proportional to stakes held if it is all dash and all people, but masternodes don't work that way. Say, for example, I have 50 MNs, I can accumulate a new MN every 10 weeks ( 1000 / (50 x 2 = 100 ). Yet for one MN it would take 500 weeks ( 1000 / (1 x 2) ). Given there is a maximum number of MNs possible, and given the value of the initial MNs are purchased with a different currency (say USD), then it doesn't seem very proportional or fair to the vast majority of the population. The system basically funnels down to just a few large stake holders.

Your assumption that the goal of all MN owners is acquiring yet another MN is false. Mined Dash can be used to buy stuff and can be converted to other currencies just as any fiat currency. Everything already is fair, in the present it makes no difference if I hold 10 dollars worth of dash or 10 dollars. The opportunity cost is the same, this "old money" vs "new money" talk is nonsensical.

There needs to be a separation between voting power (per unique person) and the dash earned through MNs. If you read the link that demo provided, it hints at how unique people are identified (via webcam)... certainly with a just a few hundred MNOs (at best), it seems highly achievable. We can attempt mass registration at a later date, but first we start small and try it with just MNOs.

Wow, so you really are attempting to turn a beautiful decentralized system of governance whose technology took years to conceive and build into a centralized voting scheme with a single point of failure? Why would I trust the entity that is identifying unique people?

Wow, so you really are attempting to turn a beautiful decentralized system of governance whose technology took years to conceive and build into a centralized voting scheme with a single point of failure? Why would I trust the entity that is identifying unique people?

The below link is the decentralized solution @GrandMasterDash refers to.
http://proofofindividuality.tk/

So we are not talking about a centralized voting scheme.
We are talking about a decentralized voting scheme (blockchain) that it is initialized with a decentralized proof of individuality protocol.

How?
Through person-to-person verification. Users are grouped together by random in groups of 5 or so, and every group does a video hangout at the exact same time, that lasts around 10 minutes or so. Users check so that the others in their group aren't doing another hangout at the same time. They then sign each other's POIs and verify them. Once the hangouts are finished and all POIs have been verified, everyone will know that each POI represents a unique human being.

As long as all POI meetings happen and recorded the exact same time ( the exact time is proved with Decentralized timestamping on the Blockchain), you can even appear masked into the POI meeting.

Last edited:
Interesting topic and interesting discussion.

Since Followmyvote is open-source we can also just peek into their software and see if we find
something usefull for Dash or maybe it can give us new ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back