• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-Proposal: DASH TEXT - SMS Wallets for Everyone (Exclusively for Dash) - FIRST STAGE VENEZUELA

Would you support this proposal?

• Yes

Votes: 36 85.7%
  • No (Please tell us why)

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • I dont know yet (feel free to ask any question)

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters
1. As you know, one of dash's main aims is to be as simple and error free as possible. How does this service promote a good user experience when users are expected to accurately type phone numbers in order to send dash?

2. What is the procedure for reversing payments when a user invariably sends dash to the wrong number?

3. How can we be sure that users funds are being managed correctly?

Hello GrandMasterDash:

1) Venezuelan phone numbers are relatively short, people can easily copy/paste them easily, but they are also used for so many services that people are extremely good at telling them to each other verbally and to listen to them verbally, there's a sort of a rythm to the way you speak the number, the format is 04XX-XXX-XX-XX, when people say it they use very well defined pauses to let the other person understand, its difficult to put into words, but the point is that people use their cellphone numbers for so much stuff that this is not really an issue.

2) If you mistakenly type wrong a phone number, the probability that the number you type is also in the system is very low, in which case the system will tell you that there is no Dash Text wallet associated with that number, so the transfer will just not go thru.

3) The way we designed the system makes us incapable of playing with people funds in the way a bank or an exchange can, we do not have big wallets where user funds are mixed, meaning if we were to touch any amount of funds, it would reflect immediately on the users end, since each user has their funds in a specific wallet (key pair) created for them using their phone number.

https://www.dashcentral.org/p/DASH-TEXT-SMS-WALLETS
My concern for this project is security. My concern stems from the fact that this will be a single point of failure for a large group of users. Of course, I expect the server(s) to be well protected from external attack.

What many might not realize is the possibility that the people who run the project hijack the funds themselves, and claim that the attack was external. Please realize that if you vote YES on this project, we are trusting individuals to behave like a bank by holding the funds of others in a protected manner.

I aggree with @ec1warc1, thats why I voted "no", and I remain in my decision unless @LorenzoRey proves me otherwise.

https://www.dashcentral.org/p/DASH-TEXT-SMS-WALLETS

I aggree with @ec1warc1, thats why I voted "no", and I remain in my decision unless @LorenzoRey proves me otherwise.

Hello Demo, I already answered ec1wardc1 comment on Dash Central, will type it here again:

"Hello Edward ! We understand your concern and it is a valid one. We wish there was a way to do this in a completely trustless way, however that's not possible. It's important to mention that this service will not hold as much funds as an exchange for example, and the DAO has funded exchange projects in the past. Products and services on top of Dash require people to trust in them, and the reputation and credibility of the creators is at stake, you as a platform owner know that.

You know who we are and how committed we are about getting Dash everywhere because we know this will help some many people, why would we attack our own product? Also claiming that an attack was external doesn't save your reputation, you still messed up security-wise if you get hacked, and people will not trust you.

We appreciate all comments regarding security and we are taking all the necessary steps to make Dash Text as secure as possible.

Thanks again for your comment Edward we hope you can keep supporting us."

And I responded to your comment on Dash Boost as well, will type it here too:

"Hello Demo, thanks for your comment, have you ever used an exchange? thats basically a crypto bank, a centralized service, but they're very useful to buy and sell and trade cryptocurrencies easily, doesn't mean you have to have all your funds in an exchange, that would not be secure enough. We wish we could do this in a trustless way, sadly we can't, just like there are no truly descentralized exchenges, but we still create separate wallets for every user, not like banks where they have all the funds in big wallets and they play with people's money, keys are not stored in memory and are generated using people's phone numbers. Why would you say no to a service that offers you so many benefits? you don't need to store all your funds in it, you just send small amounts from your PC wallet or other wallet so that you can use it to buy food and other things in places with no signal reception or if you don't have a smartphone. We hope to gain your support!"

Hope you can change your mind about our project, thanks again for your comment !

Hello Dash Community Today we had a meeting with the cybersecurity company "Mas que seguridad" (More than security), they will be doing a vulnerability analysis of Dash Text and what is called a Penetration Test (they will try to hack it), in order to guarantee maximum security and make the necessary corrections if needed. We are commited to make Dash Text as secure as possible! please keep supporting us bring Dash to potentially millions of people who can't use it at the moment !

pzXGJEA.jpg

We also wanted to share with you a video demo with the prototype of Dash Text working, there are still many improvements to be done and we will be adding more features, but we are excited to show you the progress! please keep supporting us !

Hello, as user and driving force of criptos in Los Teques, capital of state Miranda, Venezuela, I can add that I've meet people several times that are afraid of using their high range phone and I've always been looking for a solution, I feel that dash.text is this solution, and like this reach the normal citizen, that will pay in stores and public transportation, this will be a key tool in a proposal that I have in DashBoost right now.
https://www.dashboost.org/proposals...ela while creating 3000 new Dash transactions

Hello Dash Community, check out the interview I did with Mark Mason from Dash Force and Karen Hsu from BlockCypher!

UPDATE
New partnership: Dash Text and Bitnovo
Dear Dash Community, after 2 months of research and hard work we are finally ready to make this project a reality.

We are very excited to announce our new partnership with our friends of Bitnovo, one of the biggest exchanges in Spain and Europe. We have been in talks with the COO Luis Vaello, and they will be helping us to bring Dash into people hands.

Bitnovo sells gift cards redeemable for cryptos instantly in more than 30,000 stores within Spain and Italy (Carrefour, Fnac, Worten, Eroski, Game, and thousands of little kiosks).

The client just needs to buy the card, redeem the security code in the Bitnovo app and the funds will be instantly transferred to the wallet previously configured. And the most amazing thing is that it will be integrated with Dash Text, so the person just has to type their phone number and that's it. With this partnership Venezuelan living overseas will be able to send remittances very easy. #DashText #Bitnovo #DashRemittances

Ck4MOONl.jpg

Most of the new business owners have really tight budget and that's why they are not keen to spend huge money but still want good results. Even I was one of them and was finally able to get the suggestions for heymarket business text messaging app. It is very lucrative for me!

Back