• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre-proposal: Dash Product Placement in Hollywood productions

This proposal is about brand recognition and positioning, not user acquisition. We want to move the needle from "Never heard of Dash" to "Dash? That's digital cash, right?" Our message is brilliantly simple "Dash: digital cash" and we can place it in a context, in our culture, far ahead of every other crypto. In fact we can so identify the concept of digital cash with Dash so that every other crypto, including Bitcoin is excluded.

I think this is a great marketing practice in principle, but Dash does not have the level of ubiquity that Razer has. Every gamer recognizes the Razer logo because we've been buying their keyboards and mice for 20 years.

Unless a character specifically went out of their way to explain the Dash block chain to someone, this doesn't seem like something that would facilitate any kind of retention. You would have to secure an unfeasible amount of dialogue.

Silicon Valley featured the Samsung Gear VR in Season 2, but they referred to it as the Oculus because Samsung Gear VR is too many syllables.

Amanda B Johnson recently did a great video on the embryonic state of Dash brand recognition. I tend to agree with her.

Just my two cents. :)

I think it is quite easy to envisage a scene where a character is making a bitcoin payment (and frustrated by having to wait a long time for a confirmation) and another character says something about Dash Instant send... maybe this is a little bit heavy handed and blunt... but, I think you get the picture.

One of the problems I have is, it is easy to imagine "bitcoin" being mentioned or discussed without anyone paying for such placement.

it is easy to imagine "bitcoin" being mentioned or discussed without anyone paying for such placement.

Which is exactly why we need an agent in Hollywood representing Dash. HERO is reviewing scripts every day, looking for opportunities for their clients. If they see bitcoin mentioned in a script, that is a golden opportunity for Dash. At the very least, they will contact the writers, producers, etc. and educate them about Dash digital cash and of course try to persuade them to use it in their production.

It's going to be a tough sell in the beginning, no doubt about it, but as Dash rises and bitcoin sunsets, it will get easier. This is why we are doing a 1-year engagement; we are playing a long game that, in time, will pay off big time.

Proposal Evaluation Committee

Hi jimbursch,

Here is your first PEC Report.

Couple of notes:
• There is NO pass/failure mark. The percentage simply allows us to create a Prioritized List of Evaluated Proposals. The idea being that a MNO with very little time can concentrate on Proposals at the bottom of the list only. MNO’s with more time will obviously look at all proposals as per normal.
• The evaluation also enables the Evaluators to look for scammers etc and red-flag a proposal that is a possible danger to Dash. They have more time and tools to look for the tell-tale signs.
• How did the Evaluators decide on marks: PEC Evaluator Guidelines https://goo.gl/Futw1d
• MNO’s have been very lenient in the past. So even if you have, what you might consider a low mark, you might still pass the Vote ;)
Most Important: The evaluation is to give you an idea of where you can improve your proposal to have a better chance of earning MNO votes.

When you improve your proposal, please color all new material in red and don’t delete any word/sentence, but use strike through. This will make it easier for the evaluator to find changes, when she or he re-evaluates your improved proposal. The MNO’s will also so be interested to see what you changed to improve your proposal.

Since you were unlucky enough to submit your Pre-Proposal just as the PEC started, you had a handicap: You did not know the importance of the Dash Project Proposal Template https://goo.gl/m0jgfS . This Template was created some years ago by the MNO’s to get all the information that they need to make an informed decision. It is also the easiest way for you to earn extra marks. If your proposal did not cover a question in the Template – just put the Heading and answer in your detail doc. If your proposal does cover the question: Just put the Heading with the words: See original Proposal.
E.g.: Project Scope - Milestones and Schedule: See original Proposal.

We know this is a painful bureaucratic exercise, but once you’ve done your improvements for this 1st one, the next couple of improvements (maybe just one?) will be easy, and of course – you are bound to have more proposals in the future!

Good luck!
170624 jimbursch-Hollywood Tallyho R1.jpg

This is a lot of money we would be trusting you with , with very little commitment shown. Once you prove you can successfully conduct the bug program, then I would suggest you put in this proposal.

Thanks @MizzyMax

I decided a couple of weeks ago to postpone this proposal because I didn't think conditions were right for it in this cycle. And, you're right, it needs to wait until I have established a good track record managing large projects for the Dash community.

I am thinking of reworking this into a larger Dash Hollywood project that will promote Dash in the entertainment industry here in Los Angeles.

Thanks @MizzyMax

I decided a couple of weeks ago to postpone this proposal because I didn't think conditions were right for it in this cycle. And, you're right, it needs to wait until I have established a good track record managing large projects for the Dash community.

I am thinking of reworking this into a larger Dash Hollywood project that will promote Dash in the entertainment industry here in Los Angeles.
Great! Its good to see a community member like you in Dash utilizing large amounts of the Treasury funds. We have a lot to spend and it's great you are finding routes to give it use. Best of luck with you!

Being cheap doesn't pay off in the end.
If we want to do something big (and I hope we do), it is a good idea to rely on a pro.
Relying on amateurs may be a good idea sometimes but it can also mean wasting time and money.

For those of you who are finding yourselves leaning toward HERO's program, the next questions to consider are, what is Dash's story and what is the most concise way to communicate it both visually and verbally?

I think Julie is right - if we want to make the leap from nerd tech to something people want to learn about and use, we need a way to tell Dash's story in a popular show like Silicon Valley. This would create incredible buzz and desire to learn about and use DASH. As much as our crypto-anarchist ideals wouldn't like to admit, Hollywood is still the major source of social engineering in the West and IMO we must use the system to our advantage. I will vote yes (x4) on this and will be excited to see what HERO can do for DASH.

I think we should be ambitious concerning projects like this. Think BIG. BE BOLD. (Fortune favours the brave.)

Having contacts like Jim's in the Hollywood world are probably rare in the Crypto space. We should take advantage of opportunities like these.

I think this could be an huge win for DASH and well worth the investment.
It would generate buzz and raise awareness at the same time.

I think Silicon Valley would be a perfect target.
Imagine Bighead being too broke to pay for a slurpie and "DASH Accepted here" sign at the register. Then Guilfoyle uses DASH to pay instantly via QR code. Then a line such as "I like privacy and speed. You should too".

That said, I would like to see this proposal in Q3 so that any potential exposure could be done to compliment Evolution.

I think that a great way to communicate the dash story would be to have a protaganist character use it to his advantage to outsmart someone. That would both show part of its USP as well as adding brand awareness.

Back