• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre Proposal: Dash Across America Crypto Only Promotional Road Trip

I expected you to misconstrue this.

You're half right.

But...

If a Bitcoin advocate asked you "What is this 'blockchain' thing you speak of? I've never heard of it? I've been a Bitcoin advocate for 8 years!"

Wouldn't that make you a bit skeptical of him as a person you should be listening to? How can you be an "expert" on Bicoin, but never heard of the blockchain?

You're writing off one of the most fundamental concepts of DASH as if it's some "mundane detail." Most likely out of ignorance.

This is what we call a Red Flag. Why would I listen to someone who has such a huge fundamental vacuum in his understanding of the very thing he's speaking about? How can that person be an effective promoter of the thing in question?

I don't think you're being a dickbag troll. You're just treating DASH like it's just another abbreviation to be traded. You haven't done your reserach past the point of realizing you might be able to get some money out of it. @amanda_b_johnson was like that 8 months ago, as I already pointed out. She took my advice and educated herself. Look at her now.

That could be you.

But right now, today, it's not.
Red flag?

Did it ever occur to you that those already deeply entrenched in Dash are not my core audience. I am looking for libertarians interested in privacy and financial sovereignty and bitcoin users looking to try something new that has cooler features and a kick ass governance structure.

If you were truly interested in helping me along, perhaps you would of pointed me at some solid resources to help me better understand proof of service rather than engage in condescension and claims that I am just in it for the money or I view Dash as another abbreviation. The bookstore I operate began accepting Dash before I ever conceptualized this tour or the prospect of coming to the Dash community for support. Your assumptions are unfounded and off-putting.

As I said, I will continue my education regarding the finer points of Dash so as to be a more effective communicator of it's value. You can be skeptical all you wish. Follow our journey and I am certain you will be pleasantly surprised. Then maybe you can take credit for me learning more just as you did with Amanda.

I agree with Quantum. If you wont / cant disclose btc donation amount and you are promoting eth for free. I vote no as well. Im surprised there isnt a doge dog somewhere on your bus.

I would vote yes if you listed out 100 wallet adresses with 1 DASH each and ask the new wallet owner to join the forum and say hello to claim their wallet. Hell ill travel arround and hand out DASH if the network approves this...

i too thought of giving the 100 wallets 1 dash a piece or at least a .5 dash from this proposals funds. no need to make them come sign up at the forum just get them to download the wallet app right there and send them a instantx/instantsend transaction.

this could also continue at the bookstore with leftovers or start a new proposal to give 1 dash or .5 dash to people who buy something. with one whole dash the proposal should pay for itself as it would bring in new customers (if advertized) and save them money (almost $10) on purchases. or with half .5 dash per person he could propose a bit extra for his time and promotion. like maybe 120 dash to give away 100 dash to 200 people who set up a wallet. it would get my votes at least. adoption is one of the only/main things that bitcoin has us and everyone else beat at. but crypto is very young and that can change very fast just like myspace vs facebook.

I'm not trying to come down on you because we're on the same team here.

But... The fact that you even asked that question proves you have no idea what DASH is and can't possibly do a good job promoting or representing it.

There was a time roughly 8 months ago when I said the same of @amanda_b_johnson

Look at her now.

Learning about DASH will change you. Its not just another abbreviation.

not really. i debate non dash crypto people all the time on btctalk, reddit, youtube and other places and the term POService rarely even comes up. i think it's a term we actually created ourselves (coins101?) although it can mean many things in crypto. our POS is pretty basic right now but there are plans (evo) to have it do more than just make sure your masternode is working properly and serving the network properly. last i checked there were plans for it to prove exact bandwidth, storage, ram and all other kinds of other related things. it kind of does that now but will be much much more advanced in future releases.

but maybe we are talking about different things because even i'm not sure exactly what you are hinting at that we are not utilizing properly. but that's what the proposal system is for and if you think we are not doing something that needs to be done then make a proposal like quantumexplorer just did.

Red flag?

Did it ever occur to you that those already deeply entrenched in Dash are not my core audience. I am looking for libertarians interested in privacy and financial sovereignty and bitcoin users looking to try something new that has cooler features and a kick ass governance structure.

If you were truly interested in helping me along, perhaps you would of pointed me at some solid resources to help me better understand proof of service rather than engage in condescension and claims that I am just in it for the money or I view Dash as another abbreviation. The bookstore I operate began accepting Dash before I ever conceptualized this tour or the prospect of coming to the Dash community for support. Your assumptions are unfounded and off-putting.

As I said, I will continue my education regarding the finer points of Dash so as to be a more effective communicator of it's value. You can be skeptical all you wish. Follow our journey and I am certain you will be pleasantly surprised. Then maybe you can take credit for me learning more just as you did with Amanda.
I'm testing your resolve, sir. I'm not the fact welfare. Proof of Service data is everywhere, all you need do is lift a finger. If you had any real intentions of promoting DASH, you'd have done so instead of making this more confrontational.

I'll not forget that we're on the same team. But, this is looking more and more like you just want DASH to fund your vacation plans. In the time you've spent arguing and demanding that I be your fact welfare, you could have learned it 5 times. You're taking this down the wrong path, I'm just letting you do it.

I promise you, every hooker in Bangkok would know what DASH was if I went there, and the MNO's wouldn't have to pay me one duff to do it! :p

I think of this as part of that 10% budget that should be used for community... think of this as a sponsorship opportunity.

I propose we put some more funding into getting him more handouts. Things people will use and reuse like the bags that were at the d10 event.

Hey John,

I've followed and enjoyed most of your podcasts since the first attempt at a Bitcoin Only trip.
I think that the network should make an investment in this sponsorship opportunity - although the amount and method need some refinement.
That's why we have pre-proposal discussions.

I remind the MNO community that John Bush is a well known and well liked member of the Liberty / Crypto / Freedom / sound money space.
I'm very glad to have Amanda on our team, and I'd be thrilled to have John Bush join us.

It is a multi-currency environment now. We have to learn to play with others.

We can experiment with the budget, blockchain is paying : )
It's free money for nothing, no consequences, not ours... So why not?

If you're not a left-fringe SJW, there's not much point getting involved in DASH. They only welcome those who agree with their political agendas, and do so with total disregard for reality.

no updates on this tour in almost a month? someone else posted a soundcloud link on btc talk a week or so ago but not much else since then. with the current price rise i think we are the biggest funders but it seems btc is getting top billing by a wide margin. any new pics of the bus etc? i saw one pic with two dash stickers on the back that looked real good but figured there would be more.
any updates?

Mastermind, our schedule is pretty hectic and between the travel, meetups, producing and publishing podcasts, and squeezing in some family time, it has been pretty hard to get computer time. I am writing this at 2:36 in the morning at a truck stop. LOL!

First, here are some pics of the bus with the Dash decals on the back:

20160808_133256.jpg

13912533_10154330150224484_3291772361637634747_n.jpg

This is Brandon, he let us park at his place in Sedona for a couple days. I was sure to set him up with a Dash wallet and give him a Dash tip for his excellent hosting!

13934586_10154330149959484_5863493147332201781_n.jpg

Here are some updates:

We have produced three podcasts so far, each of which mentions Dash quite a bit. Combined, the three podcasts have around 7,000 listens as of today.

Check them out here: http://sovereignbtc.com

We have been talking to be people about Dash at each of our stops and have set up several wallets for people. We just launched a Dash giveaway on Steemit. The first 50 people who setup their first wallet will receive .25 Dash. Check it out here: https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@sovereignbtc/free-dash-cryptocurrency-giveaway

Dash was the talk of Jackalope! With the Dash banner behind the stage, dash magnets and fliers being passed around, and a few Dash ambassadors in the midst, it definitely got noticed by many attendees. I participated in a lengthy and in depth crypto panel and got to speak extensively about Dash to those in attendance. Audio of the panel forthcoming as one of our podcast updates.

In Phoenix I sat down with Evan Duffield and Ryan Taylor and did an in-depth and rather deep two hour interview all about Dash. It was one for the ages and we definitely got lots of stuff out on the table. Audio and podcast forthcoming.

20160811_111647-1.jpg

We hosted a meetup in San Diego and I spoke with attendees about Dash, setting up two of them with their first Dash. Paul Puey, CEO of AirBitz was in attendance and I did some networking with him, sharing the possibility of integrating some of AirBitz's secure login technology in to Dash's Android app which is lacking in that department. Just talking for now but could possibly turn in to a big opportunity.
We hosted a meetup in San Marcos, CA and I spoke with attendees about Dash, setting one of the people in attendance up with her first Dash wallet.

Today I interviewed the CEO of CheapAir.com, one of the first big companies to accept BTC. During the interview, to be published soon, I asked him if he would consider accepting Dash, he said YES!!!! I am going to send him more information and speak with the Dash core team about what it would take for someone to develop BitPay like app to convert Dash to USD or BTC immediately for companies concerned with volatility. This could be a really big thing for Dash!!!!

I have a draft Steemit post almost ready for publishing, Five Reasons why Dash is Better than Bitcoin, or Five Innovations Dash has Over Bitcoin. Not sure what to title it yet but hopefully it will get some play. I will also be writing an article talking about my experience with the Dash Budgeting System.

We are currently on our way to Vegas and then Denver. Nothing planned in Vegas yet but we will be meeting with local liberty peeps and crypto peeps in Denver and I will definitely be pushing Dash.

We are also working on some press releases and organizing media appearances where Dash will be a main talking point.

All in all we are chugging away turning heads as we drive down the highways and talking to people in gas stations and parking lots. In fact, today a listener recognized the bus and came to talk to us in a grocery store parking lot! We are setting him up w/ a Dash wallet and sending him some crypto tomorrow!!!

We have touched many people and will keep the momentum going. Sorry again for not posting this update sooner but as you can see, we have been busy!!!

Last edited:
Catherine & John you guys are doing awesome job!
Keep busy yourself and enjoy the smell of flowers during your trip ;)

Thanks for photos.

I would advice (for everybody) to use some plain font for "www.dash.org" URL in the future - to make it easy to recognize all characters even for people who has never heard about DASH before.

Otherwise it may look like "CRSH.OPC" or something for most of them... :(

Bitcoin.com Bus Shunned by Las Vegas Bitcoiners Over Politics
https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-com-bus-shunned-lv/

a sad day for all of crypto i have to say !
No wonder we are all struggling with Mass adoption as "Nationalistic " BTC geeks prefer to ignore and scream than learn some news !
Sad sad sad - satochi would be rolling in his grave !!!
:(:(

Please continue your great work there @SovereignBTC . Remember:
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi.

Please continue your great work there @SovereignBTC . Remember:
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi.

They didnt ignore you, neither they laugh at you. There was a fight at the very first place. The fight between different faiths is always ruthless.

news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-com-bus-shunned-lv said:
He replied that Dash was an “instamine scam with no innovation,” and that it was vulnerable to sybil attacks due to its incentivized masternode system.

And what is the answer to their accusations? The problem with dash proponents is that they have the tendency to avoid to give explanations, they are based on marketing and image rather than coding and technology, they do not admit their faults, neither they are trying to fix them.

How this situation can be reverted? How the instamine and the sybil attack problem of dash can be solved-reverted? The universal dividend and the web of trust is the solution, of course.

From the point of view of the universal dividend, dash is highly instamined, but Bitcoin is also instamined. Both cryptocoins are not symmetric in time or in space. As long as they are space-time assymetric they will never be accepted by society as the digital coins of the future. Geek coins they are, and geek coins they will remain unless they change. The universal_dividend time-space symmetric coins respect the future, so they are the future. The fight between different coin-faiths is always ruthless, but however ruthless this fight is nowdays, those who respect the future generations they will finnaly win.

Last edited:
Back