• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Pre Proposal: Dash Across America Crypto Only Promotional Road Trip

love the idea but it seems a bit expensive. looks like we have plenty of extra in the budget this month though so i'm in!
big fan of your activism going back many many years. use to really enjoy those austin city council hearings!

1. We will be covering the cost of printing and applying the logo to the bus. I do need someone to send me a vector image of the logo for me to send to our printer. Will prolly go on the back window and will be three feet wide or so and a foot tall. I think that is the best spot for it. We may find a better spot tho.

2. I think it will garner the same or more because we are promoting other currencies and we will be traveling in the newly renovated bitcoin.com bus which we will be promoting to tiny home blogs and media outlets. We also haven't been on a trip like this all year and have been working hard in Austin at our bookstore so we are motivated to make a big splash.

Thanks - you have a yes from me.

Hope you have a great time :)

I'll abstain in continued protest of the fact that the most important thing that MNs are supposed to do is not part of the Proof of Service, and the lack of an appropriate feature set (which could easilly be added) in the DGBB is proffered as the reason why it's not appropriate to make it part of the Proof of Service.

Essentially, break it so badly that it is unreasonable to include it in Proof of Service, and instead of fixing it, simply continue to not include it because it's so badly broken... Circular justification for deliberate failure.

I'll abstain in continued protest of the fact that the most important thing that MNs are supposed to do is not part of the Proof of Service, and the lack of an appropriate feature set (which could easilly be added) in the DGBB is proffered as the reason why it's not appropriate to make it part of the Proof of Service.

Essentially, break it so badly that it is unreasonable to include it in Proof of Service, and instead of fixing it, simply continue to not include it because it's so badly broken... Circular justification for deliberate failure.
what is proof of service and how would that work?

Are you willing to disclose the amount donated from the bitcoin foundation?
its a donation from Roger Ver's bitcoin.com. I would rather not disclose amount suffice to say it is a significant portion of our total budget. It is equal or greater than what we are asking from the Dash community.

I've voted no so far, but I am still open to changing my vote.

This is what I wrote on Dashwhale.

6000$ isn't a large amount. It's just that we aren't a charitable organization and if we give out 6000$ I would like to think that we would get more than 6000$ of value back. Your budget includes a lot of things I really don't agree that the community should pay for.

I'll go over your budget:

OK - Gasoline Round Trip = $1,220
NO (It's your vehicle, and you call it Bitcoin Bus) - New Tires Bitcoin Bus = $1000
NO (Why should we pay for your business) - Interim Manager at Brave New Books 6 weeks = $2,940
OK - Campground Fees ($60*21 nights) = $1,260
OK - Blush Family Food Costs ($150*42 days) = $3,600
OK - Insurance and Other Travel Costs = $2,000
NO - Petty “Cash” = $2,000
YES - Rethinking Everything = $100
YES - Rethinking Everything Hotel = $600
NO - Arcade City Rides = $250
Total $14,970

Total costs that DASH should pay for (and I'm being generous) - $8,780 You are promoting 3 currencies, so divide that by 3.

I will switch my votes to yes if you do the following:

-Agree to stop actively promoting ethereum unless they contribute equally to your trip. I agree they are a cool project, but if we/bitcoin are paying they shouldn't be getting the benefits.
-Agree to promote DASH at least as much as you promote bitcoin.
-Try to get merchants to accept DASH on your trip.
-Agree to make quality brochures yourself, content can be given to you. As for printing that should be on your side.

I'm not asking for a lot :)

I agree with Quantum. If you wont / cant disclose btc donation amount and you are promoting eth for free. I vote no as well. Im surprised there isnt a doge dog somewhere on your bus.

I would vote yes if you listed out 100 wallet adresses with 1 DASH each and ask the new wallet owner to join the forum and say hello to claim their wallet. Hell ill travel arround and hand out DASH if the network approves this...

what is proof of service and how would that work?
I'm not trying to come down on you because we're on the same team here.

But... The fact that you even asked that question proves you have no idea what DASH is and can't possibly do a good job promoting or representing it.

There was a time roughly 8 months ago when I said the same of @amanda_b_johnson

Look at her now.

Learning about DASH will change you. Its not just another abbreviation.

6000$ isn't a large amount. It's just that we aren't a charitable organization and if we give out 6000$ I would like to think that we would get more than 6000$ of value back.
This is the root of it.

The DGBB does not exist to fund whatever neat idea someone dreams up. We have too many anti-money, anti-business and just plain clueless MNOs who are happy to spend consequences free money that isn't theirs any any random bullshit that passes by.

I'm not calling this proposal "random bullshit."

But, its not DASH-centric. And, that should be a prerequisite criteria to pass the MNOs' sniff test.

The DGBB is a pack of MNO suckers ripe to be fleeced. We'll be giving out welfare from the blockchain before too soon...

I'm not trying to come down on you because we're on the same team here.

But... The fact that you even asked that question proves you have no idea what DASH is and can't possibly do a good job promoting or representing it.

There was a time roughly 8 months ago when I said the same of @amanda_b_johnson

Look at her now.

Learning about DASH will change you. Its not just another abbreviation.
I think this is a gross misunderstanding. One does not need to know all of the inner workings and technical aspects of a cryptocurrency to encourage adoption and educate the public about the benefits of said cryptocurrency.

I have been growing bitcoin adoption for years now and the difference between proof of work and proof of stake or the question of what the hell a nonce is or what does hash rate and difficulty have to do with network growth rarely comes up. My knowledge of bitcoin is such that I can answer many of those questions and my ability to learn quickly means in no time at all I will be able to answer technical questions of Dash too.

As an advocate for crypto currency and decentralized tech, technical prowess is not a necessary or sufficient condition to be an effective promoter or representative.

So you know, I have already done a good job of promoting Dash to 3000 people on my podcast, SovereignBTC. While I did not know about proof of service then, I was still able to communicate the underlying purpose and the general benefits of Dash when compared to bitcoin rather effectively. To be able to competently talk about Dash for one hour straight with a member of the core team without any notes to me represents a clear understanding of the currency and demonstrates my ability to "do a good job promoting it".

Give it a listen.......
https://soundcloud.com/sovereignbtc/dan-diaz-dash-final

I've voted no so far, but I am still open to changing my vote.

This is what I wrote on Dashwhale.

6000$ isn't a large amount. It's just that we aren't a charitable organization and if we give out 6000$ I would like to think that we would get more than 6000$ of value back. Your budget includes a lot of things I really don't agree that the community should pay for.

I'll go over your budget:

OK - Gasoline Round Trip = $1,220
NO (It's your vehicle, and you call it Bitcoin Bus) - New Tires Bitcoin Bus = $1000
NO (Why should we pay for your business) - Interim Manager at Brave New Books 6 weeks = $2,940
OK - Campground Fees ($60*21 nights) = $1,260
OK - Blush Family Food Costs ($150*42 days) = $3,600
OK - Insurance and Other Travel Costs = $2,000
NO - Petty “Cash” = $2,000
YES - Rethinking Everything = $100
YES - Rethinking Everything Hotel = $600
NO - Arcade City Rides = $250
Total $14,970

Total costs that DASH should pay for (and I'm being generous) - $8,780 You are promoting 3 currencies, so divide that by 3.

I will switch my votes to yes if you do the following:

-Agree to stop actively promoting ethereum unless they contribute equally to your trip. I agree they are a cool project, but if we/bitcoin are paying they shouldn't be getting the benefits.
-Agree to make quality brochures yourself, content can be given to you. As for printing that should be on your side.

I'm not asking for a lot :)
First, the value DASH is receiving in exchange for financial support is not measured in the expenses we have rather the promotion and exposure we will bring to Dash. In my view, given our proven track record or marketing and promoting causes and currencies and our recognition and respect in the both the crypto community and the liberty community, the value we will be bringing to Dash will far exceed 6k FRNS.

I understand you do not agree with every line item of our budget. However, in order for me and my wife to take our family on this tour, they are necessary expenditures.

To answer your requests:
Ethereum has not contributed financially nor have any community members expressed interest or support. At this point, we will be emphasizing bitcoin and Dash on this tour, and while we will still be speaking about Ethereum, it will not be as much as the other currencies.

Agreed.

This was already the plan and I will report on my progress.

At this point we are still getting the bus ready for our trip and getting the business in line to operate in our stead. On top of that we are unschooling our two small children. I do not have the time or energy to accomplish this on my own as will instead utilize my leadership skills to call upon volunteer support for this. If we can get a flier or push card together, we will of course pay to have it printed.

I appreciate your feedback and concerns. It shows that you are truly committed to the responsible use of Dash funds. I can assure you we will not let you or the community down, whether we receive your yes vote or not.

@SovereignBTC Good enough for me, I'm sure someone can help you with the brochures, as long as you get them printed.

Hope things go well on your trip :)
Thanks! We will be giving regular updates in this forum and through other crypto centered channels. Follow along. Thanks again for your support and diligence. Excited to be a part of the Dash community.

I think this is a gross misunderstanding. One does not need to know all of the inner workings and technical aspects of a cryptocurrency to encourage adoption and educate the public about the benefits of said cryptocurrency.
I expected you to misconstrue this.

You're half right.

But...

If a Bitcoin advocate asked you "What is this 'blockchain' thing you speak of? I've never heard of it? I've been a Bitcoin advocate for 8 years!"

Wouldn't that make you a bit skeptical of him as a person you should be listening to? How can you be an "expert" on Bicoin, but never heard of the blockchain?

You're writing off one of the most fundamental concepts of DASH as if it's some "mundane detail." Most likely out of ignorance.

This is what we call a Red Flag. Why would I listen to someone who has such a huge fundamental vacuum in his understanding of the very thing he's speaking about? How can that person be an effective promoter of the thing in question?

I don't think you're being a dickbag troll. You're just treating DASH like it's just another abbreviation to be traded. You haven't done your reserach past the point of realizing you might be able to get some money out of it. @amanda_b_johnson was like that 8 months ago, as I already pointed out. She took my advice and educated herself. Look at her now.

That could be you.

But right now, today, it's not.

@SovereignBTC ,
I believe, I can help with the brochures. We just need to agree on what is needed :)
Awesome! Something simple and sweet. Could even be a card. With QR code to Dash.org and one to download app on play store and one on apple store. then bullet points on key features and couple lines on privacy.

A forum member found this one which is nice but its a one pager. Prefer tri fold or quarter pager.

Back